The Tenacious Unicorn Ranch / @TenaciousRanch / Steampunk Penny / Penellope Logue / Phillip Matthew Logue - 🗑️Visit pages 388-390 for the tranch callout dumpsterfire!🗑️18 NEGLECTFUL COWBOYS IN THE ALPACA BARNS AT TRAN RANCH! TRAN RANCH IS UNDER SIEGE!

The plot thickens at tran ranch! What will lead to the ultimate downfall of this empire?

• Total voters

Meiwaku

キウィフルーツの赤い乳首猿
kiwifarms.net
I'd put money down that the original reasoning behind having sheep was to blend with the alpaca fiber.

Blending different fiber types can alter the properties of the yarn created. 100% alpaca yarn is very elastic, and hard to reshape; it is also incredibly insulating (to the point of overheating, sometimes). Not necessarily great for constant wear garments, moderate climates, etc. Throw some sheep wool in the mix and your yarn is less elastic and a bit lighter, while still maintaining that alpaca softness.

However, as the tranch has clearly shown in the past- they have no self control and no regard for animal husbandry or quality of life, so a couple of sheep to potentially make their yarn more marketable is now "awww, lambs are cute so more must be better".

As a side note- have they ever mentioned what type of sheep they have? Different breeds have different wool types; given their history of poor planning, I'm sure they didn't even consider or research wool types.
On top of that, not all sheep are made for wool. Some are made for milk and meat . So they could be sucking some sheep tiddy. Ewe amirite? Haha.... i'll see myself out

🐏

Ronnie Rocket

toxic talking turd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a side note- have they ever mentioned what type of sheep they have? Different breeds have different wool types; given their history of poor planning, I'm sure they didn't even consider or research wool types.
I think they're Columbias with some random mutts. Dual purpose, both meat and fiber, but the wool isn't as nice as you'd get off a Merino... hell they could have got South African Meat Merinos if they still wanted dual purpose.

Pickman

Models wanted.
kiwifarms.net
I think they're Columbias with some random mutts. Dual purpose, both meat and fiber, but the wool isn't as nice as you'd get off a Merino... hell they could have got South African Meat Merinos if they still wanted dual purpose.
At least Columbias are ok with high desert climate -though I imagine that was just what was available locally, not that they actually looked into what was appropriate for the locality.

Pre- wastland appropriate, I mean. As far as I know, we have yet to develop sheep best suited for living on the surface of the goddamn moon.

Velvet Glove Iron Fist

Ask not for whom the clown honks-he honks for thee
kiwifarms.net
I doubt they considered anything like that at all - those poor animals are little more than disposable woolly fleshlights. They're no doubt plotting their escape from Troonschwitz this very moment.

SmokeyMcRunFast

kiwifarms.net
Sheep farming is always marginally profitable. If you've got some nice flat fertile land that you can drive tractors over when necessary, most people grow crops. If on the other hand you own land that is hilly, rocky and otherwise difficult to manage then sheep are a way of extracing some income from it. They can harvest whatever grows where the tractor can't reach. That's why you see a lot of sheep on e.g. the Welsh hills and in Greece and Turkey. Provided you manage your stock levels so that they eat roughly what grows every year then you can make a living of sorts, but you'll never be rich.

As a rough ball-park figure, a ewe will cost about £/$/€ 100 a year to keep, and a lamb will sell for about 100. So your profitability lies in maximising the number of lambs per ewe. Traditionally most farmers aimed for 2, but would settle for 1.5-1.7. So a flock of 100 ewes will give you an income of 6,000 a year before you take off farm overheads. But that assumes free food a lot of the year from grazing or from cutting hay for winter. Once you start buying that in then you're starting to hit alpaca levels of profitability.

There's a nice discussion from some real farmers here. In short, flipping burgers at McD will leave you better off
There is a reason many farmers have a job off the farm.

Fetish Roulette

Round and round and round it goes...
kiwifarms.net
I'm usually not one to charitably interpret the insane shit that the tranchers say, but could the usage of the word "healthy" be ironic? Even someone with no knowledge of nutrition beyond what is taught in high school health class should know that fucking Walmart cookies aren't exactly the most nutritious of snack choices.

Kuritan Deplorable

kiwifarms.net
I'm usually not one to charitably interpret the insane shit that the tranchers say, but could the usage of the word "healthy" be ironic? Even someone with no knowledge of nutrition beyond what is taught in high school health class should know that fucking Walmart cookies aren't exactly the most nutritious of snack choices.
Wouldn't put it past them to consider a small portion of unhealthy food to be a healthy snack still. And to someone at the size of a troon, only having one pure sugar cookie with a 'modest' bowl of goldfish, that's a small portion.

Its not like they have any hope of controlling their weight on their own, not with the cocktail of hormones they're taking. So the whole exercise is moot in either direction.

Friendly Futa

kiwifarms.net
Still. Who the hell puts frosted cookies on top of cheese crackers like that? Degenerates.

Jump

k/i/w/i/f/a/r/m/e/r
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait until new sat photo's are taken of the area. The destruction will be clearly visible from space. Its green everywhere but the tranch.
The neighbors have cows but clearly they know how to manage their land.

E3NdM0jXoAgicf3.jpgE3Sb_lpX0AIS2jH.jpg

Also the community outreach is still going well.
E3ex_vsXoAgVmoK.jpg

Law

hates dogs, loves vicodin
kiwifarms.net
I also think he's being ironic about calling his snack healthy. See, if he winkingly points out that he's self-aware that junk food is bad for him, then no one else can say anything! Classic kindergarten logic, for a man with a kindergarten-tier snack.
At least it's more evidence as to why they're chunguses despite working on a ranch.
I'm still way more disturbed by the canned mushrooms on the burritos.
:story:

How much are troon sheep? We could at least get them programming jobs at Google.
Troon sheep don't come cheap, getting the Manic Panic and pronoun badges to stick to the wool is harder than it looks.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also the community outreach is still going well.
View attachment 2259941
Being that Tim is a combat-experienced former Army armor officer with experience with excavators and industrial engineering, and founder/COO of a company that likely provided a lot of productive service to the community, I dont think he's someone to cross too harshly, lest he be driven into joining Earl's ranks. I dont think their chicken wire fencing or showershanty would stand up well against an AggreScreed.
eqw.3quarter-with-windrows-2.png

Last edited:

break these cuffs

When in Rome, sink ships.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait until new sat photo's are taken of the area. The destruction will be clearly visible from space. Its green everywhere but the tranch.
The neighbors have cows but clearly they know how to manage their land.
I posted one a couple months ago. It's very low res, but I couldn't find anyone that lets you see usable resolution for free anymore. They all wised up. I wouldn't count on Google, Bing or ArcGIS updating any time soon with something better.
I went looking earlier in the thread. Neither google or bing have recent sat images. There used be a fair few imaging companies that had some kind of online free trial. There was always restrictions, but you could get stuff much more recent than google or bing with decent resolution. Seems like they all wised up. I did just find one that offers shit resolution, but its enough to see what they've done.

Their troonery is visible from space.

View attachment 2088206

Just look at the difference in vegetation between their lot and their neighbors' lots.
Now I can appreciate the devastation on the ground even more after seeing the most recent shots from the fence line.

An interesting thing I didn't comment on before is that the driveway with their westerly neighbor used to connect to theirs. The top two look like ATV trails, while the the bottom one is clearly a wider dirt track for vehicles. Looking back through the parcel owner history it shows the two lots were owned by the same family at two different points and there were small sheds built on the western property during one of those periods. I was wondering if the two neighbors just happened to be good friends who let each other borrow trailers or other heavy equipment, but it seems not.

two bad neighbors.png

White Devil

If He Dies, He Dies
kiwifarms.net
I posted one a couple months ago. It's very low res, but I couldn't find anyone that lets you see usable resolution for free anymore. They all wised up. I wouldn't count on Google, Bing or ArcGIS updating any time soon with something better.

Now I can appreciate the devastation on the ground even more after seeing the most recent shots from the fence line.

An interesting thing I didn't comment on before is that the driveway with their westerly neighbor used to connect to theirs. The top two look like ATV trails, while the the bottom one is clearly a wider dirt track for vehicles. Looking back through the parcel owner history it shows the two lots were owned by the same family at two different points and there were small sheds built on the western property during one of those periods. I was wondering if the two neighbors just happened to be good friends who let each other borrow trailers or other heavy equipment, but it seems not.

View attachment 2260742
That's useable enough unless someone wants to fly a drone over the property and take aerial photos.