The thread where you post your mildly unpopular opinions -

nigger of the north

kiwifarms.net
Any form of "art" should possess at least a notable degree of objective quality before being considered as actual art. Below that, it should be referred to as the medium itself instead.
Example: Picasso's paintings are art. A deviantArt degenerate's drawings are just drawings.
I went to art school many moons ago. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realise that skill and the ability to make a very aesthetically pleasing painting, be it a landscape, seascape, portrait, or whatever - was no longer appreciated by the (((art world))) My passion for painting basically died immediately thereafter. If the only career you could have is painting and selling to randoms on the internet, it kinda kills your passion. These days it's all about 'tHe ConCepT,' which has lowered the barrier for entry to literally fucking nothing.

Some gym related bombs:

Monolifts are gay as fuck
If you don't squat ATG, you're not even squatting
Only fat lazy fuck powerlifters don't unrack their own bars
Sumo pulls are gay
If you don't work your legs, just kill yourself
Equipped lifting is ass-backwards retarded.

Meat Target

Tactical headpats
kiwifarms.net
Any form of "art" should possess at least a notable degree of objective quality before being considered as actual art. Below that, it should be referred to as the medium itself instead.
went to art school many moons ago. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realise that skill and the ability to make a very aesthetically pleasing painting, be it a landscape, seascape, portrait, or whatever - was no longer appreciated by the (((art world))) My passion for painting basically died immediately thereafter.
Plus, many artistic communities have been pozzed with malignant ideas like those of Herbert Marcuse, who said anything that isn't a political statement isn't "real" art .
A deviantArt degenerate's drawings are just drawings.
You can find some really great work on DeviantArt, but you have to wade through a Ganges River of R34 horror to get to it.

Last edited:

Shameimaru Aya

Your local newsbirb, bringing the hottest cow news
kiwifarms.net
I went to art school many moons ago. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realise that skill and the ability to make a very aesthetically pleasing painting, be it a landscape, seascape, portrait, or whatever - was no longer appreciated by the (((art world))) My passion for painting basically died immediately thereafter. If the only career you could have is painting and selling to randoms on the internet, it kinda kills your passion. These days it's all about 'tHe ConCepT,' which has lowered the barrier for entry to literally fucking nothing.
Sucks like hell to hear about that. I started out freelance with mostly self teaching, considered going to art school but as I hear more and more stories about how it's basically next to useless, I'm really glad I didn't go after all.
Hope you regain that passion one day.

Thread related: Art school is trash.

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
Late teens and college kids are shitty. They grow up a little bit by getting jobs and moving out, and they start treating everybody like shit because they think they know everything,

I still can't believe that Will Smith rejected being in the Matrix so he could do Wild Wild West.I
I have sadder news to report. My little sister is a teacher in California. The first 5 years she was teaching she reported that there would be one or two little snots that were unberable. The past 3 years... she said that almost every single student was unteachable... or in her exact words: "Little shits" And she rarely swears or says anything disparaigng about anyone else...especially children. But she met all their parents... and yeah, we have a generation coming up that will be needed to be dealt with before they really make the Portland riots look like "the good old days".. I'm not kidding.

atleast3letterslong

Love you
kiwifarms.net
Phil Fish did nothing wrong.

American culture except for its popular music tends to be overrated. It’s marketed much better, though.

Anything can be defended as possessing artistic value. It depends on the knowledge and analytical skill of the critic.

Completely disagree, but understand where you're coming from. I'm a huge fan of American literature specifically poetry from the Harlem Renaissance. It seems that at some point America lost its way and stopped making art. I'm not sure what happened.

Last edited:

FierceBrosnan

Father of Birds, Lord of Parrots, Coffee drinker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Evangelion is overrated as hell. I am prepared to die on this hill.

I don't think its bad, I think the concept is neat, I love giant flesh robots beating the shit out of eldritch abominations, but my opinion of "omg this is the most profound thing ever" when I was 15 has turned into "sweet Jesus all these incompetent fucks need to be trebuchet'd into the side of a mountain".

Meat Target

Tactical headpats
kiwifarms.net
A lot of lolcow threads are boring. If it's just someone being an autist on social media, then they're nothing special.

For example, MovieBob. Who cares what that basement-dwelling dunce thinks? Lolcows need to do something outrageous somewhat regularly to be worth following.

It's also very tedious to go through the play-by-play on their backstory from the last 5 years. Yes, I am talking about Vampire Munchie, that was way too TLDR.

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
The only thing worse than PDA is social-media-exacerbated PDA.

My brother in law is on facebook posting pictures of him and his new fiance (THIS time will work!) wrapped around each other and grinning for the camera. Disgusting.

Disgusting, childish, and indicative of why his relationships crash and burn.

If you love someone, let *them* know it. Leave facebook out of it. Don't be a phony.

Abracadabra

kiwifarms.net
Completely disagree, but understand where you're coming from. I'm a huge fan of American literature specifically poetry from the Harlem Renaissance. It seems that at some point America lost its way and stopped making art. I'm not sure what happened.
I do like Hollywood movies from the studio system era and American literature when it still had strong ties to European culture.