The thread where you post your mildly unpopular opinions -

Captain Hastings Official

"I say..."
kiwifarms.net
Instrumentals can sound better than the original track
One of my favorite instances of this is Wagner.

(yes, i know that the siegfried idyll never had words, just trying to show how beautiful weird transcriptions of wagner can be.)

Don't get me wrong, I love opera, and I understand why Wagner wanted to principally compose operas, seeing them as a 'total art' that combined all the arts into one. But, as a composer, his greatest strength lay in his subtle harmonies and perpetual building of tension, with only partial releases (famously, the opening chord progression of Tristan und Isolde isn't resolved until the very end of the opera). And, IMHO, all the singing and acting and scenery and story mostly distract from the beauty of the pure music.

Listening to Wagner's works as instrumentals also helps dispel the silly notion that he was a bombastic, thud-and-blunder, "heavy metal" composer.

AbyssStarer

kiwifarms.net
Sunscreen with less than 30 SPF is a waste of money. Don't be surprised when you get a skin condition if you either never wear sunscreen, don't wait after putting it on for it to bind to your skin, or you wear 15 or less SPF.

MAPK phosphatase

Cell Death Regulator
kiwifarms.net
A video game programmer who can't do linear algebra is a video game scripter, designer, writer, developer, or some combination, but not a video game programmer.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino