The thread where you post your mildly unpopular opinions -

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate how every single video game these days desperately tries to be a “cinematic experience” while seemingly trying to dumb down the actual gameplay to accommodate it. Like guys I get it, you have a nice engine and you wanna show off what it can do, but please for the love of God take some some time to make sure that your game actually feels like a game and make it fun.

that’s why I gotta give props to Nintendo, for all their faults these days they seem to be one of the few big gaming companies that realizes games should be fun to play.

Inflatable Julay

They fly now
kiwifarms.net
There have been a lot of stories lately about schools throwing out lunches because the kids owe too much. I've never liked the idea of having kids pay for their lunches in public schools. 99 percent of the time that money comes from the parents, who are already paying out the ass to send them to school to begin with, where they're getting a sub-par education, and the food is only a step above prison quality. In fact it makes MORE sense to have prisoners pay for theirs since they can work during their sentence. The very least a school can do is to make sure a kid who is in their care for 8 hours a day is reasonably fed. You could have a system set up with free salad and fruit and if they want the junk food they can pay extra for it.

Count groudon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There have been a lot of stories lately about schools throwing out lunches because the kids owe too much. I've never liked the idea of having kids pay for their lunches in public schools. 99 percent of the time that money comes from the parents, who are already paying out the ass to send them to school to begin with, where they're getting a sub-par education, and the food is only a step above prison quality. In fact it makes MORE sense to have prisoners pay for theirs since they can work during their sentence. The very least a school can do is to make sure a kid who is in their care for 8 hours a day is reasonably fed. You could have a system set up with free salad and fruit and if they want the junk food they can pay extra for it.
The schools in my town actually do something like that. Kids get their lunches free as long as their trays have a balanced amount of food. Like as long as they have dairy, grains, fruit and protein their lunch is payed for by the state, and if they want a little treat or and extra helping of one food they can pay like a dollar to get it. It’s not a bad system.

Autumnal Equinox

I hope you relish it as much as I
kiwifarms.net
people bitch about spoilers too much. I too prefer to not be spoiled if its something I'm new to, but it's not like it ruins the whole journey to know some of the end.
Adding onto what you said, there really needs to be a statute of limitations on spoilers. If a movie has been out for decades, it's plot known by practically everyone through cultural osmosis, and you have one lone chucklefuck still REEEE'ing about spoilers because you mentioned Darth Vader is Luke's father, or Norman Bates is actually "mother" that's their own fault.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
Adding onto what you said, there really needs to be a statute of limitations on spoilers. If a movie has been out for decades, it's plot known by practically everyone through cultural osmosis, and you have one lone chucklefuck still REEEE'ing about spoilers because you mentioned Darth Vader is Luke's father, or Norman Bates is actually "mother" that's their own fault.
I once saw "Happy 15 year anni to video game! Reply with your favorite moments {no spoilers!}"

How the fuck is 15 years not enough? If somebody really cares about a piece of media so much, they'll get to the end of it in a few months at most. I'd say shit's free after 2 months for a game, less for a movie though. After that it's up to the person to avoid discussion if they don't wanna be 'spoiled'.

totse

my uncle gave me herpes
kiwifarms.net
Linux is dog shit, and it absolutely will not revive/breathe new life into your old PC.
Just install Windows 7 Starter, or Home Basic.
It sounds like you installed some full-featured noob distro like ubuntu with the new gnome or some shit

You should have installed arch linux, then everything would be perfect

I must inform you, I have arch linux.

Count groudon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
people bitch about spoilers too much. I too prefer to not be spoiled if its something I'm new to, but it's not like it ruins the whole journey to know some of the end.
Actually, there’s been some instances where I’ve actually enjoyed having something spoiled. Sometimes I feel like when you know how something ends, you can actually appreciate and understand the events leading up to it a lot more.

And if it hadn’t been for spoilers, I would’ve wasted my time trying to get invested in the last Indiana Jones movie.

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
It sounds like you installed some full-featured noob distro like ubuntu with the new gnome or some shit

You should have installed arch linux, then everything would be perfect

I must inform you, I have arch linux.
Agreed, 'everyone' knows you don't install gnome and kde on old things.

Arch, welllll I advise everyone I hate to install Arch, that way the fuckers have no way of contacting me ever again...

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Agreed, 'everyone' knows you don't install gnome and kde on old things.

Arch, welllll I advise everyone I hate to install Arch, that way the fuckers have no way of contacting me ever again...
I use PeppermintOS for old laptops. Works fine with PCs or Macs. Also LXDE so no gnomeshit. It's somewhat sporadically maintained but these are end-of-life machines.

Tags
None