The thread where you post your mildly unpopular opinions -

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
We do not socialize anymore. Always-on group chats aren't socializing. You don't gain anything from posting in a group chat or sharing images or anything, unless you share an intensely niche person-specific picture only you and the other person can relate to and thus bond over knowing that it would make them feel a certain way.

Tinder is a better social platform than most social media yet it's deemed "for normies" while "gamers" sit around in their own quiet room too important to engage in anything. I always considered it a fault of mine to not talk in games but I slowly realize it's because socializing isn't a thing anymore. People fled onto the internet to chat with others because they couldn't strike up conversation IRL, and now you have to do that online as well. You will not gain any friendships if not for @ing someone and directly addressing them, like you would IRL. And that's why we do not socialize; it has lost all benefits not found in real life.

The shy nerd has been gagged because Stacy found out that she can play a female avatar in a game and get attention by acting like she does in real life; outgoing and demanding of attention. She goes in naturally wanting to gain something from the experience; something most people would consider triggering at this point. Your best childhood friend? Only your friend because they benefited from it. No other reason. And that's fine, but a thought people lose their shit over. Nobody wants to be demanding and selfish.
I am so fucking tired of hearing about "muh power dynamics" in relationships. Yes I know it's a real thing, but it's replaced 'gaslighting' as the new buzzword people throw out at random, in every situation. Like so many other shiny buzzwords, I feel like it's used to infantilize women.
Power dynamics require both parties to have some kind of influence on the power. It's why power couples are two people who can detach from day to next and still do well, whereas nu-BDSM teens lose their shit if one of the two wants to call quits. People who have no influence on their role in a relationship shouldn't be in one.

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tinder is a better social platform than most social media yet it's deemed "for normies" while "gamers" sit around in their own quiet room too important to engage in anything. I always considered it a fault of mine to not talk in games but I slowly realize it's because socializing isn't a thing anymore. People fled onto the internet to chat with others because they couldn't strike up conversation IRL, and now you have to do that online as well. You will not gain any friendships if not for @ing someone and directly addressing them, like you would IRL. And that's why we do not socialize; it has lost all benefits not found in real life.
I agree with this whole-heartedly. I know tinder gets made fun of a lot for basically just being a hookup website at this point but it's a social platform that is designed to get people to meet irl.

As for unpopular social media opinions, you have to be a certain level of masochistic to use Instagram. The entire point of the website is to post pictures to flex about how good your life is. One of the only good decisions I made as a teenager was never jumping on to that trend.

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
People who are into popular science are often just as faithful to science (or their image of it) as the religious nuts they like to mock.

I don't see a difference between a pastor interpreting the Bible and relaying it to a flock who doesn't really understand what's being said and a science entertainer reading a few textbooks and relaying it to neckbeards who don't really understand what's being said. Any defence of 'well what I'm saying is objectively true' is semantics, since you're both equally clueless.

Most science entertainers inject a political message into their work and use the objectivity of long-standing settled science to mask a newly-formed and subjective political opinion, and society would probably be better off without them.

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How come it's so hard to find a red hoodie? 90% of the ones I found were orange or reddish-orange.

Red is one of the hardest colors to gauge and I guess for everyone else "orange is close enough". I find it annoying.
Ironically I own many normal red hoodies, but I cant find a reddish-orange one.

I didn’t think today was gonna be the day I encountered myself from a parallel dimension, but I’m glad it was. So are you like the black version of me or wha

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Tahoma

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
Skull decor is tacky and using Halloween decorations as regular furniture strikes me as more childish than having a dinosaur poster up. But thats probably not too unpopular since only really edgy and gay faggots do that shit.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Feminism is still needed in some form because only a fraction of women worldwide today are lucky enough to be born in a place where they have equal rights to work, vote, etc. Just because the women of the past achieved those goals for us to enjoy today doesn't mean it will be like that forever because there will always be some sort of group looking to take those rights away again (read: troons, who are doing a fantastic job of eroding that shit for gays too).

There's nothing wrong with orange juice with pulp in it, drink it you pussy

I'm Mrs. Mustachios!

Mustachios rhymes with pistachios!
kiwifarms.net
I've never really liked the "nice guy" stereotype. It's always assumed that he's angry that being nice didn't entitle him to affection, and there is a lot of that don't get me wrong. But sometimes he's just angry that being an asshole isn't a barrier to it. The guy that is an asshole to a girl he is with is often someone that is also an asshole to everyone they are around. If we are talking about kids and teenagers, the question is sometimes not, "Why does she want to be with someone who treats her like shit, while I'm stuck just being a friend?" The question is, "Why does she want to be with someone who treats me like shit? How can she call herself my friend?" It's a slightly different flavor of sad.

There's nothing wrong with orange juice with pulp in it, drink it you pussy
Wow, the rest of the internet was right about Kiwi Farms, this place really is full of the worst scumbags imaginable.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Wow, the rest of the internet was right about Kiwi Farms, this place really is full of the worst scumbags imaginable.
Now I don't buy juice often so maybe the brand I got has weak af pulp but whoever complains about it for real are among the other grown adults who 'can't' eat vegetables because they're autistic supertasters or someshit

I'm Mrs. Mustachios!

Mustachios rhymes with pistachios!
kiwifarms.net
Maybe they can just filter their beverage like literally every other beverage maker on the planet. I could survive drinking coffee with a lot of loose grounds in it but why would I want to?

• Winner
Reactions: Rice Is Ready

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
Seems to be an unpopular opinion these days, but I think discussing how much you make with people not dependent on it is trashy as hell. People find out you make a decent amount, you either get looked at as a douchebag flaunting your wealth, or people you know who make less might feel strained around you, like you're rubbing it in their face.

You don't make that much, and people either pity you or view you as a loser.

It's just a topic of conversation that always seems to lead to trouble, so I avoid it.

Tags
None