The thread where you post your mildly unpopular opinions -

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • I don’t understand the appeal of kale. It’s bitter and only tastes okay if you use a ton of dressing and spices. I think most people just pretend to like it because it’s healthy. If I’m going to eat a leafy green, butter lettuce, romaine and spinach are all superior.
  • Cheese is in too many things. I like it, but at many restaurants, it’s overkill. There are so many other ways to add flavor to something besides relying on cheese.
  • Life skills classes are underrated and they should be mandatory for K-12 schooling. There are too many people out there that can’t cook from scratch and sew on a button. Those skills are way more useful in the long run than many of the required classes.
  • Not everyone should go to college and that’s okay. College is expensive and unless you plan on a job that requires a college degree, it’s not worth going (unless you just want to take a few classes here and there).
  • I can’t say I love it, but I did enjoy Mars Needs Moms (it wasn’t a cliche storyline and the world building was interesting. As far as underrated Disney movies go, Atlantis is better).

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
  • Life skills classes are underrated and they should be mandatory for K-12 schooling. There are too many people out there that can’t cook from scratch and sew on a button. Those skills are way more useful in the long run than many of the required classes.
Life skills classes are what basic parenting should be. People should stop pushing the state to teach these things and start pushing for parents to do so.

JambledUpWords

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Life skills classes are what basic parenting should be. People should stop pushing the state to teach these things and start pushing for parents to do so.
Ideally, that would be the case, but considering it’s common for both parents to work, I doubt there’s adequate time put into those skills. I would love it if more parents just taught their kids, but it’s unrealistic to expect it on a massive scale. Decades ago, it wasn’t uncommon for home economics classes to be a bigger part of education.

• Feels
Reactions: Count groudon

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
Ideally, that would be the case, but considering it’s common for both parents to work, I doubt there’s adequate time put into those skills. I would love it if more parents just taught their kids, but it’s unrealistic to expect it on a massive scale. Decades ago, it wasn’t uncommon for home economics classes to be a bigger part of education.
Both my parents worked, most of the time they worked multiple jobs. They still found time to teach life skills. A vast majority of homes with both parents working still have interaction with their kids; the issue isn’t time as much as parents just done interact with their kids. Single parent homes are a different matter, and on the rise, but that’s a different issue.

PsychoNerd054

Green people are so sexy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spongebob fans are basically the Sonic fans of the cartoon community.

• Kind of like with Sonic, when compared to some other fandoms, they’re not nearly as bad as people think, but their shit still stinks sometimes.
  • You have a “classic era” that many of the fans flock to to talk about how superior it is. There is also an era that everyone just talks about to constantly bitch about, and then there’s an era that has mixed reception.
  • The fan art, good god the fan art.
  • A lot of the show’s more rabid fans happen to be autistic.
  • The community’s humor is based solely on repetitive references and memes.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
The third season of the Netflix Castlevania anime has better characters, themes and plot development than any TV show released in the last year. One episode has better acting and more intrigue than an entire season of The Witcher, Stranger Things and Star Trek Picard put together.

JambledUpWords

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You don’t need three meals a day to function. Having two meals a day doesn’t mean you’re starving. Also, one meal can suffice if it has enough calories. If you have a 2000 calorie meal, you probably don’t need much else (unless you work out a ton or do heavy labor).

Tags
None