The thread where you post your mildly unpopular opinions -

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
I've never gone into snow for recreation. It's just something that makes work miserable for me. I don't think snowboarding would change my opinion, though, because

Unpopular opinion: things like skiing and skateboarding are no fun just like "thrill rides," AND you can easily injure yourself severely. Permanent pass.

The only good time of the year is when everything is dead and I can breathe.
October 23, 2077

• Feels
Reactions: Count groudon

Bambi Sammich

kiwifarms.net
Mildly? This is going to be wildly unpopular but yolo.
I love the SJW Art and Extremes thread.

My unpopular opinion: I actually like SOME of the art where characters have weirdly exaggerated facial features, that most consider racist. It's complicated but I think there is a difference between malicious caricature and honest art.

Problem is the kiwis here are basically saying "Negro features are ugly, tone them down" .

If someone draws a black person with a broad flat nose and big lips they scream "this sjw is racist"... as if some blacks don't have those features.

If the SJW Art thread people had their way, blacks can only have white-ish features or anime noses.

doof

Look at this and then tell me there's a god
kiwifarms.net
Mildly? This is going to be wildly unpopular but yolo.
I love the SJW Art and Extremes thread.

My unpopular opinion: I actually like SOME of the art where characters have weirdly exaggerated facial features, that most consider racist. It's complicated but I think there is a difference between malicious caricature and honest art.

Problem is the kiwis here are basically saying "Negro features are ugly, tone them down" .

If someone draws a black person with a broad flat nose and big lips they scream "this sjw is racist"... as if some blacks don't have those features.

If the SJW Art thread people had their way, blacks can only have white-ish features or anime noses.
There's definitely an extremely thin line on actual artistic style and sjw abominations and I think it all comes down to the artist's intent and even then it can get blurry.
I think bullying is a necessary evil.

• Agree
Reactions: FluffyTehFennekin

Higgins

What up, my nigga?/!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I cry crocodile tears for YouTubers when they whine and piss in the wind about demonetization. It's no secret that YouTube is a mismanaged shitshow that plays favorites and is random as all hell over what it's willing to promote. Why anyone would be stupid enough to make that their sole source of income is beyond me. There's no benefits, no retirement, the chances of success are absurdly low, and you're a few controversies and an algorithm switch away from losing everything you've ever earned with the addition of your face and information plastered all over the internet. We're in the midst of a pandemic where millions of people have lost loved ones and their livelihoods and I should feel sorry for some NEET adjacent youtuber/streamer?

Dysnomia

Blood on the rise, it's following me
kiwifarms.net
I prefer to watch all movies/shows with subtitles on, even though my hearing is normal. I know this is quite unpopular because anytime I watch something with friends and I forget to turn them off, I get audible signs of disgust.
I also do this. Mainly because people are always interrupting my viewing pleasure. If I can't hear it at least I can read it. Plus I watch a lot of foreign stuff so I am used to subtitles.

People complain that subtitles are too hard because they have to choose betwen reading and watching. Believe me, your brain will adjust faster than you think. I can read and pay close attention to the scene with no issues at all. I like hearing the orignal actors' voices. And if it's in English I won't miss anything if it's in a low voice or a stupid truck rolls by.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Major asshole, first class
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I prefer to watch all movies/shows with subtitles on, even though my hearing is normal. I know this is quite unpopular because anytime I watch something with friends and I forget to turn them off, I get audible signs of disgust.
I'll take you one step further and I use the audio description for the sight impaired, its very neat.

Tags
None