Careercow The Thunberg Family: Greta Thunberg, Beata Thunberg, Svante Thunberg, & Malena Ernman - Attention-seeking eco-fighters

Wendy_Carter

This is... fun...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A VERY SURFACE-LEVEL DIVE INTO THE SUBJECT. IF YOU WISH TO HELP EXPAND ON THE TOPIC, PLEASE POST MORE INFO BELOW, I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I WILL WORK ON THE OP FOLLOWING THE FEEDBACK.
greta-thunberg-trump.gif

1569406562992.png

Meet the Thunberg family.

You probably don't need a lot of introduction to this particular family. The Thunbergs is a family with a history of performing for the general public that goes many years back. Originally only known to the swedes and (possibly) neighbouring countries, within the last few months they've become (in)famous worldwide thanks to one very particular person. That person is, of course...

Greta Thunberg
1569407922996.png

Greta Thunberg, born January 3, 2003 (aged 16 as of writing this) is an ordinary swedish girl that has suddenly become a herald and an idol to environmentalists everywhere. Well, "ordinary" is a slight overexaggeration, but we'll get to that in a minute.

This (archived) article sheds some light on how Greta reached the "eco-fighter" status she currently has, but if to summarize it in a few sentences: Greta first became aware of the climate change at the age of 8, which, in the following few years, made her so distressed she stopped talking and eating. At 12 Greta became a vegan (and made her parents become vegans too) and refused to ride anything other than bikes, among quite a few other things, all in the name of saving the planet.

At the age of 16, Greta began a "school strike for climate". The strike involved her painting a sign with "skolstrejk för klimatet" ("school strike for climate" in swedish) and standing outside the Swedish parliament building in August of 2019. She intended to skip school in favor of striking until the swedish national elections - a promise she kept.

At first she was completely alone, but within a few days people started congregating with her, which caught media's attention. In a few weeks she became a worldwide-known persona, with a giant army of followers at her beck and call.

Now, you're probably wondering why "ordinary" is in quotes? Well, because Greta's not exactly an ordinary person in the regular sense. She was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome (which she likened to a 'superpower'), attention deficit disorder (ADD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and selective mutism. Yes, a very autistic girl is currently heralding for fighting for planet's future. Instead of being told that maybe she should calm down, Greta is being pampered to endlessly.

1569448000036.png

While Thunberg herself can be described at best as "very autistic", her culty followers are very worthy of your attention. You can some basic description of Cult of Greta here.

Greta Thunberg's social media:

Twitter (archive)
Facebook (archive)
Instagram (archive)

While Greta is the most well-known member of the family currently, she's not the only one, of course. Next up is the Greta's younger sister and probably the lesser-known member of the family.

Beata Ernman Thunberg
1569410611336.png

There isn't as much info on Beata as on Greta, so this section will be rather short. Beata was born in 2005 (aged 14 as of typing this). Just like her sister, she was diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses, which include Asperger's syndrome, OCD and ODD (oppositional defiant syndrome).

While less famous outside of Sweden than Greta, Beata is still a rather known figure. Very recently she was chosen as a face for a series of books titled "Handbok för superhjältar" ("Handbook for superheroes"), which focuses on the subject of bullying,

Video of Beata's live performance.

Beata Thunberg's social media:
Facebook (archive)
Instagram (archive)

And now comes the most important part.

Svante Thunberg and Malena Ernman.
1569411662491.png

Svante Thunberg (born 10 June 1969) is an actor, author and producer, while Malena Ernman (born 4 November 1970) is an opera singer. Both of them were quite well-known in Sweden before Greta became an international icon, and both arequite rich. As such, many people suspect that the entirety of Greta's environmentalist "career" is just a means for her parents to prop themselves up using the media to receive worldwide notoriety and (potentially) financial gain.

1569413490257.png

1569413701600.png

https://twitter.com/elleprovocateur/status/1176509482794455040 (Large Twitter thread)
1569413763350.png

1569413936196.png

1569414074090.png

While Malena denies masterminding (archive) the whole thing and claimed that they were both against Greta's strikes, they both seem to enjoy their newfound fame, which corroborates previously mentioned theory.

Social media:
Malena's Facebook (archive)
Malena's Twitter (archive)
Malena's Instagram (archive)

Svante's Facebook (archive)
Svante's Twitter (archive)

Greta Thunberg megathread on a swedish site flashback.org. As of the moment of typing this it has 1442 pages, starting from January of 2019.

Posts by a swedish blogger Rebecca Weidmo Uvell (5 pages consisting of 25 posts as of now), doing a very in-depth analysis of her family's connections to various PR and media companies and personalities, such as We Don't Have Time, Ingmar Rentzhog, and much more.

Videos by The Angry Foreigner discussing how the leftist media is using children as a way to express their opinions without criticism, with Greta being a prime example. First video is in swedish, but has english subtitles.

Big thank you to @ATaxingWoman and @Coach Kreeton Of All That for help.

Last edited:

ATaxingWoman

Professional Quarantined Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1) You need to archive the links.
2)
Wendy Carter said:
While it may reflect Malena Ernman to some extent, that's not her, it's just a parody of her (played by Christine Meltzer).

3) You should probably discuss more in depth why you believe Greta's parents are exploiting her and provide examples. It would probably be a good idea to include Swedish sources (which I can help you with if needed).

Edit:
She may not be a looker, but that's actually an edit

Last edited:

Wendy_Carter

This is... fun...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1) You need to archive the links.
2)While it may reflect Malena Ernman to some extent, that's not her, it's just a parody of her (played by Christine Meltzer).

3) You should probably discuss more in depth why you believe Greta's parents are exploiting her and provide examples. It would probably be a good idea to include Swedish sources (which I can help you with if needed).
1) Working on it. I just wanted to get this post out of the way so I can get some feedback.
2) Good point. I can probably remove this post sometime in the future, seeing as it's not actually Malena.
3) I will most certainly try. I'm not that great at gathering info, especially in languages such as swedish, so help is appreciated.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
greta doesnt qualify as a cow imo (despite being literally autistic) but her parents might be interesting. anybody who has multiple children with multiple diagnosed psych disorders each is worth taking a close look at.

the thunbergs probably aren't on the level of something like the schofield family, but it certainly looks like there are a few similarities.

Monika H.

Probelmatic fascist bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Very good OP, well written and expository.
It just needs some archiving and examples of Greta's parents exploiting her, a bit like the Schofields and Desmond is Amazing.
Sadly I can't really help you in sifting material that's not in English as I don't know a slick of Swedish.

Chicken Picnic

We saved you the last boiled egg!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
greta doesnt qualify as a cow imo (despite being literally autistic) but her parents might be interesting. anybody who has multiple children with multiple diagnosed psych disorders each is worth taking a close look at.

the thunbergs probably aren't on the level of something like the schofield family, but it certainly looks like there are a few similarities.
i would say maybe not the psych diagnosis thing, aspergers/autism in general is very commonly linked with OCD, ADHD and selective mutism. ODD is commonly linked with ADHD too. I say they're not anything like the schofields, one trip into a sped school and you will see loads of kids with all of those conditions.

However, if they are using their kid's disorders to promote their own views, thats an issue. Autism causes emotional issues, theres a lack of ability to regulate emotions which leads to your classic meltdown behaviour. I actually know (an autistic) someone who had a similar (but less severe) reaction in regards to climate change and the imminent end of the planet. They became very distressed as they knew there was nothing they could do to stop it, but it gave them really bad anxiety that it could happen in the future. If you exploit this kind of issue to push your own agenda, you're pretty scummy. Many kids with autism, especially high functioning are very gullible and will believe everything they're told (see: Chris-chan), so if a parent tells them yes climate change and capitalism is destroying the world and your future, you can bet that kid will take it to heart.

scopelessone

Pray the autism away
kiwifarms.net
I might be an autistic fucking nitpick about this but they stop diagnosing people with asperger over here back in 2015 and instead lumped it in with autism as a whole.
So Greta might have gotten diagnosed with it depending on the timeframe that year, but Beata would not be diagnosed with aspergers but rather be diagnoesd with AST (Autismspektrumtillstånd) or Autismspectrumcondition for the english speakers.
t. a sperg.

Maskull

Your an ignorant idiot
kiwifarms.net
There should be wide array of publicly accessible resources. For example, if it is that you want to prove manipulating I believe that all it takes is a few phone calls as taxes are part of public record in Sweden. Knowing what the parents make now as compared to before they pushed the children into limelight would be good supporting evidence.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll say the same thing I said in the PragerU thread, I don't know if Greta or her family necessarily make for good lolcows. Outside of political biases, they aren't nearly active enough at constantly sperging at people online over the smallest things, unless they've done it in Swedish and a Swedish user could help us with where to start. As it stands content regarding her should probably stick to the A&H megathread.

Wendy_Carter

This is... fun...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I might be an autistic fucking nitpick about this but they stop diagnosing people with asperger over here back in 2015 and instead lumped it in with autism as a whole.
So Greta might have gotten diagnosed with it depending on the timeframe that year, but Beata would not be diagnosed with aspergers but rather be diagnoesd with AST (Autismspektrumtillstånd) or Autismspectrumcondition for the english speakers.
t. a sperg.
She was diagnosed at 9, if I understand correctly, which was around 2012. If Beata was diagnosed around the same age as Greta, that'd be around 2014. Not sure about Beata, put a few sources cite Greta's illness as specifically Asperger's.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Quarantined Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
her family reminds me of that doll girl whose mom was batshit insane, what was her name?
Venus Angelic? Both she and her mother Margaret Palarmo (who's a worse lolcow than her) have their own separate threads in the Beauty Parlor subforum

Tags
None