Careercow The Thunberg Family: Greta Thunberg, Beata Thunberg, Svante Thunberg, & Malena Ernman - Attention-seeking eco-fighters

MysteriousStranger

literally who
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Although I think Greta will have much better staying power than any of the Stoneman Douglas kids because she got a run-up and she has better financial backing and PR. It'll be amusing to see what happens in the next few years.
Judging solely by Twitter, news items about her draw far more critics than supporters. "How dare you" became an instant meme, and not for a serious reason. I think she'll do her best to hang around the public stage for a few years, but I definitely don't think she's the PR triumph they were hoping.

And instead of going through puberty, she seems to be getting freakier-looking. Fun to watch.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I was kinda wondering if the whole Greta thing was over now that she went full patriarchy/colonialism (almost assuredly). I guess it will be interesting what happens to her in a couple of years, I don't think it will be something massive like child starts (she's from a well off family) but I will bet she'll get male feminist'd or maybe troon out.

Papadopoulos

Perc 30 Courier Service
kiwifarms.net
Lol the oceans are going to become so acidified nothing lives in them you fucking goddamn idiot. You absolute worm beyond reason. Miami is going to be underwater. Do you like the safety weather prediction provides you? Maybe whatever this kid is worried about is also legitimate, try not to cut your freak criticism of her with too much sexual pathology, okay?
I thought this was a restaurant, not a guttermouth convention.

Reactions: Coconut Gun
Judging solely by Twitter, news items about her draw far more critics than supporters. "How dare you" became an instant meme, and not for a serious reason. I think she'll do her best to hang around the public stage for a few years, but I definitely don't think she's the PR triumph they were hoping.

And instead of going through puberty, she seems to be getting freakier-looking. Fun to watch.

I think they missed the mark not picking a non-white child to be their mouthpiece, then they could also throw the racism angle at anyone who tried to question what she said. But they can try again in a couple of years, when they can't use the child defence and she will become less useful.

• Agree
Reactions: Doug_S1

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
I doubt her fame will last a few years. We can already see that the hype around her is quickly dying down, and I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year, most people will have completely forgotten about her. It isn't really her fault either, it's more down to the lack of credibility of the people promoting her.

The fact that the green movement has been able to come to the conclusion that their ideal representative is a socially handicapped child with no background or qualifications in anything merely serves to show how utterly bereft their activism is of sensible suggestions about how to respond to climate change. They use figureheads like Greta to emote their case, because they know they can't defend it.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
I doubt her fame will last a few years. We can already see that the hype around her is quickly dying down, and I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year, most people will have completely forgotten about her. It isn't really her fault either, it's more down to the lack of credibility of the people promoting her.

The fact that the green movement has been able to come to the conclusion that their ideal representative is a socially handicapped child with no background or qualifications in anything merely serves to show how utterly bereft their activism is of sensible suggestions about how to respond to climate change. They use figureheads like Greta to emote their case, because they know they can't defend it.
The left has moved onto the 2020 election. Sucks, but taking down Trump is priority number one.

Webby's Boyfriend

in love with a fictional 11 year old toon duck
kiwifarms.net
I always wonder why does she look so much younger, neotenic and unhealthy?

Many critics speculate she has fetal alcohol syndrome. Some also say she has autism. I doubt that. Because FAS usually causes low intelligence, yet she surely has above average intelligence - I mean, usual 15 year olds don't care about politics. And she always mentions she has Asperger's which is an adversary to autism, and autistics live in their own world while she cares for ours.

CRAWLING IN MEIN SKIN, ZESE VOUNDS ZEY VILL NOT HEIL
Drunk? Just like Greta's parents, who, despite looking like normal healthy people, have two daughters with atypical phenotypes and lots of -isms.

Last edited:

Papadopoulos

Perc 30 Courier Service
kiwifarms.net

Many critics speculate she has fetal alcohol syndrome. Some also say she has autism. I doubt that. Because FAS usually causes low intelligence, yet she surely has above average intelligence - I mean, usual 15 year olds don't care about politics. And she always mentions she has Asperger's which is an adversary to autism, and autistics live in their own world while she cares for ours.

Drunk? Just like Greta's parents, who, despite looking like normal healthy people, have two daughters with atypical phenotypes and lots of -isms.
Greta is certainly putting on an image for her parents and her bourgeois puppet masters, her disappointment in being an icon for unwashed hippy predators is there plain for all to see

Don Juan El Tardo

What a long strange trip it's been
kiwifarms.net
I don't know whether this has been brought up yet, but something I've noticed is fact that Greta Thunberg is and has been portrayed as essentially a child from the very beginning, despite the fact that she's almost 17 (by the way 15 is the age of consent in Sweden fwiw). Specifically in how she dresses and how the media portrays her.

No makeup, pigtails, neutral/childlike clothing such as overalls, the fact that she's always seemingly flat-chested, etc, it seems like they want to maintain an image of pre-pubescence. All media coverage of her refers to her as a youth, a child, a teenager (to be fair she is a teenager, but technically also a young adult), and back in September when this really started kicking off, every major news outlet was focused on attacking detractors as being irrationally hateful towards a child.

Greta.jpg

Aaaand then this happens. Pulled this from a FaceBook page called "The Angry MAWG", not sure if this is their response (or anyone's, it seems a bit /r/thathappened) or if it was someone else's.

Apparently this came from a Oil company in Alberta Canada. Somehow I suspect this isn't company endorsed merchandise.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1164593

Aaaand then this happens. Pulled this from a FaceBook page called "The Angry MAWG", not sure if this is their response (or anyone's, it seems a bit /r/thathappened) or if it was someone else's.

Apparently this came from a Oil company in Alberta Canada. Somehow I suspect this isn't company endorsed merchandise.
Oh boy, Alberta HATES Greta. Too bad the spotlight has left Greta so this can’t be capitalized on.

interalia

kiwifarms.net

I'm kind of curious how she'll turn out. She can't maintain that image forever, and there have to be concrete reasons why she looks that way in the first place. Will she just be a career activist? I doubt her financial backers/handlers will just dump her and let her become an embarrassment or liability. There is probably already an adult career planned out, maybe for some Greenpeace type organization.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Sperghetti

Doug_S1

Bloomberg 2024
kiwifarms.net
I think it's likely the activist crowd will dump her for a newer model. Anyone else think her family become a specialty of this website, especially given her strange parents?

Tags
None