• We're not racist!!

The Uncharted Series

Discussion in 'Games' started by Deadwaste, Aug 21, 2017.

1. for discussion from all 4 games and the spin off, lost legacy

i dont have much to say other than they're great games really.

[​IMG]
    sam is back in the spin off

Deadwaste

Deadwaste GODDAMN SHIT BITCH

kiwifarms.net
  2. Yeah, they're a simplistic ur-text for a kind of adventure third person shooter like The last of us & the revamped Tombraider series. I've played all 4 games and had a blast. I'm aware of their faults: the Macguffin villains, the campy adventure stuff & the ludic dissonance between Nate as a good guy & Nate killing hundred of 'bad guys' but it's still a fun series.

The lost legacy, I'll probably not buy at its current pre-order price-point, it looks like it's in-between a full game & a DLC.

Uncharted 4 is well worth your time, guys, the chemistry between the 2 brothers is hella fun though the main villain ain't much compared to Marlowe from Uncharted 3 but the world-building far surpasses any other Uncharted game, thus far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    chekovia

chekovia This is a land of wolves now

kiwifarms.net
  3. I got into the series pretty late like uncharted 4 was announced by the time I got around to playing the first game. Now I am pretty much played the whole series(expect the Vita games and Lost Legacy),so it manged to sink its hooks into me. I would rank the games 4<2<3<1. Drake's fortune is the easily the weakest in the series it suffers from early system jank that plagues a lot of games when a new console comes out. but it was still enjoy able experience despite the weird hybrid feeling it gave off. Drake's deception is a mess and feels like a lesser 2 clone. Among Thieves basically the series perfected in story and gameplay. Thief's End is just a really good game, it learned from 3 mistakes and told the perfect spend off to Nathan Drake, hell it ended so well i forget lost legacy was a thing until i saw email telling me it shipped. I do think naughty dog should move on from it and finish the last of us series or do make something new.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Halberd Sonichu

Halberd Sonichu JUST FEELING SUPER!

kiwifarms.net
  4. Only the ones with Drake in them are Uncharted games. Not that give-me-attention female bullshit. They REALLY went super ultra mega exceptional individual when they made that utter shit game. Women shouldn't be in any games or movies. They are just annoying pieces of useless shit.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. Dunno. I kind of liked Drake's deception's use of the desert scene, it was an interesting break in the pacing and the twist around the end in the ancient city really interested me.

I think a lot of it is the fact I played the games in sequence and around their initial release dates so it's kind of a blur comparing the slight differences technically.

Nah, I'm game to play the lost legacy. It looks like fun, dude.

• Agree Agree x 1
    chekovia

kiwifarms.net
  6. The problem 3 suffer the most from was it set pieces. yeah some where cool, but they were all disjointed. When Naughty Dog made the game they said "Let's make some cool places and set pieces for players to play in." while not a bad mind set to have while making a game, it just they were extremely unfocused. like waht the fuck was up with the pirates levels and the mess that is the final act just made it feel like Sony told them to speed it and just crapped out what was finished. Naughty Dog just got too cocky and eager during 3's development. if 4 is any indication they learned from it at least.

Also I totally fine with Chloe taking lead. I just hope Sam gets a game down the road, if the series continue.

Halberd Sonichu

Halberd Sonichu JUST FEELING SUPER!

kiwifarms.net
  7. eh, im equal to this. i didnt think drake's fortune nor drake's deception were bad games or anything. combat with 1 and 2 are pretty much the same, but 3 had the worst combat system, at least to me. 4 had the best one, and was much easier to stealth in than 3.
    i never really got around to playing much of 1 however, but from what i did play, the best part was the wall clipping glitches.

Deadwaste

Deadwaste GODDAMN SHIT BITCH

kiwifarms.net
  8. I think the thing with the uncharted series isn't to take it too seriously. It's been (until recently, lol) mostly a boy's own adventure with a focus on exoticness & foreign locales.

I will say the only villain I really cared about was Marlowe from U3. The villain from 4 was just yer bog-standard rich guy.

I actually might try to get the trilogy pack on offer on the playstation store for the ps4, this is making me reminisce.

What do you guys reckon about this series compared to the tomb-raider reboot? I like both in different ways.

*Good to see Sam Drake in the lost legacy was well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    chekovia

kiwifarms.net
  9. Is 2 the one with the yeti? Honestly, I am struggling to place 2's story. I can recall 3 and 4 really well and 1 but 2 has this big memory gap. Who was even the villain in that?

kiwifarms.net
  10. Yeah, 2 is the yeti, Tibet & the Serbian war lord wanting eternal life.

Agreed for 1 & 2, it's been a while. The first uncharted is around 10 years old now.

chekovia

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.