The Works of NNewt84 -

Jewthulhu

Rabbi of the Great Old Ones
kiwifarms.net
I can understand why the thread got deleted: he doesn't actually act like a lolcow outside of Kiwifarms.
Did a bit of digging (about 5 minutes) and I'd have to agree. Aside from an old Deviantart there really isn't much that's cow-worthy outside the farms. Unless he has an active account on some fetish site or does something monumentally stupid in the future, this thread should be proof enough of his spergery.

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
For the record, the film Catsperger was my mother's idea, not mine. I didn't have any interest in making a film specifically about Asperger's, I just did it to appease my mum. I even considered editing out the ending at one point because I thought it was too condescending to people with autism, but my mum insisted that I kept it in because she thought it was "positive and inspiring".

Just thought I'd drop by very briefly to clear that whole mess up. Ciao! ;)

Yukari Yakumo

Welcome to the Apocalypse, here's your moisturizer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the record, the film Catsperger was my mother's idea, not mine. I didn't have any interest in making a film specifically about Asperger's, I just did it to appease my mum. I even considered editing out the ending at one point because I thought it was too condescending to people with autism, but my mum insisted that I kept it in because she thought it was "positive and inspiring".

Just thought I'd drop by very briefly to clear that whole mess up. Ciao! ;)
How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
First of all, the German is pretty off. I'd recommend either sticking to a language you know, or getting an actual German who speaks the language fluently and regularly who's interested to interpret for you.

Second: it feels vapid. The only characterization is thin and quite honestly boring. Each character speaks in the same exact way, with the same exact 'voice', but with a token difference between them. Dad, social media girl, special girl. Give your characters more depth.

Third, please stop doxxing yourself. Eventually, someone's gonna fuck around and send you a funny in the mail.
Also, if it helps, Adele uses English translations of German idioms, such as "pig-dog" and "snot-spoon" (from Schweinehund and Rotzlöffel, respectively), so I was at least trying to give her a different voice.

However, I did fight the temptation have Joanna use stereotypical adolescent girl phrases like "like" and "totally", because... well, I didn't want to make her sound so stereotypical.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
Also, if it helps, Adele uses English translations of German idioms, such as "pig-dog" and "snot-spoon" (from Schweinehund and Rotzlöffel, respectively), so I was at least trying to give her a different voice.

However, I did fight the temptation have Joanna use stereotypical adolescent girl phrases like "like" and "totally", because... well, I didn't want to make her sound so stereotypical.
Translating an idiom causes it to lose the originality and emotion of it. There’s a reason we say “carpe diem” instead of “seize the day” or “coup de grace” instead of “death blow” despite neither phrase being in English.

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
Translating an idiom causes it to lose the originality and emotion of it. There’s a reason we say “carpe diem” instead of “seize the day” or “coup de grace” instead of “death blow” despite neither phrase being in English.
Eh... it depends on the person. Personally, when I hear "carpe diem", I think of a 10-cent coin with a fish pictured on it, even knowing the actual meaning. And I heard "seize the day" some 4-ish years before I ever heard "carpe diem". And "coup de grace" makes me think of chickens praying before a meal.

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware the 'p' is silent, in which case it sounds like pigeons praying before a meal.

Also, you need to realise that Adele is a child - and an autistic child at that, so she doesn't realise the subtle nuances that go into figures of speech, let alone that they won't necessarily translate into other languages. Kids fail at pronouncing English words like decimal and procedure, so what makes you think they'd master foreign languages?

Last edited:

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net

Eh... it depends on the person. Personally, when I hear "carpe diem", I think of a 10-cent coin with a fish pictured on it, even knowing the actual meaning. And I heard "seize the day" some 4-ish years before I ever heard "carpe diem". And "coup de grace" makes me think of chickens praying before a meal.

Also, you need to realise that Adele is a child - and an autistic child at that, so she doesn't realise the subtle nuances that go into figures of speech, let alone that they won't necessarily translate into other languages. Kids fail at pronouncing English words like decimal and procedure, so what makes you think they'd master foreign languages?
Fucking Christ can you two just hatefuck in DMs and get it over with already?

Tags
None