The Worst TV Shows You've Ever Seen -

Uncanny Valley

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The nutshack & Ren and Stimpy adult party cartoon. I hate them both, but for different reasons. everything in the nutshack from the animation to the voice acting gives me a god damn headache. While in adult party cartoon, its just unfunny gross out humor and the animation just makes me uncomfortable with how detailed they made the gross out shit. Plus it had to ruin the reputation of one of my favorite nicktoons along with it. :/

As for live action stuff, Heil Honey I'm Home I guess. It doesn't offend me or anything like that, it's just some shitty sitcom about Hitler with bad jokes in it. Honestly, I feel like this one could of worked if the team behind it knew how to pull of the execution
Heil Honey I'm Home COULD have worked better as a cartoon imo

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
The nutshack & Ren and Stimpy adult party cartoon. I hate them both, but for different reasons. everything in the nutshack from the animation to the voice acting gives me a god damn headache. While in adult party cartoon, its just unfunny gross out humor and the animation just makes me uncomfortable with how detailed they made the gore. Plus it had to ruin the reputation of one of my favorite nicktoons along with it. :/

As for live action stuff, Heil Honey I'm Home I guess. It doesn't offend me or anything like that, it's just some shitty sitcom about Hitler with bad jokes in it. Honestly, I feel like this one could of worked if the team behind it knew how to pull of the execution
I think I've said Adult Party Cartoon sucks for years, but recent events got me thinking about all the shit that went on during it - the massive crunch times so that something could get out by the airdate, John K.'s insistence at putting in gay sex jokes when the network was telling him to cut down on them, John getting a facelift with the production money... and now I think I hate it slightly more.

(Maybe if we'd gotten to see the episode with Hitler's conman brother Ziggy we'd have a better opinion of Heil Honey I'm Home!)

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
In the UK in the late 2000s there was a fad for giving well-known stand-up comedians TV vehicles that mixed standup segments with pre-recorded sketches, "format points" (usually involving a special guest) and maybe music. This was inspired by the success of Bill Bailey's cult classic series "Is it Bill Bailey" (though having re-watched it recently, a lot of the sketches haven't stood up, though the music has). These had varying results, from best to worst:

- The most successful was Russell Howard's Good News where he would react to news stories and interview random people who had been in the news. This is because Howard could improvise and think on his feet, which let him speak to the randos and keep up the patter without the cringe factor getting too high. The show could be a bit excessively PC at times and the guest stand-up spot was very variable in quality, but it was worth watching.

- Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights emerged just as people were starting to tire of him. I'm a big Boyle fan, and when this show hit it hit HARD, some of the sketches (I will never forget his take on Knight Rider, look that shit up) are all-time greats, but you can tell this was the period he was starting to tire of fame and didn't give a shit any more. Much of the humour had changed from Frankie at his best - when he is being as funny as possible without caring how offensive he is - to Frankie at his most tryhard, when he is being as offensive as possible without caring how funny he is. A shame because if it was filmed a couple of years earlier it would have been amazing.

- I swear I saw an incredibly dull show with the same format starring Junior Simpson that showed that he was hideously out of his depth, but I can't find any evidence of it anywhere. Maybe it's been memory holed or it was a different black comedian who runs out of ideas after 5 minutes of recycled material.
EDIT - I found it, it was Stephen K. Amos, and its title, The Stephen K Amos Show, had about as much effort put into it as the jokes. It was desperate stuff, he clearly had no idea what he was doing. It doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

- Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. Christ, this got embarrassing at times. Stu didn't realise that what works live does not work on TV, and his schtick of trying for surrealism by repeating the same thing over and over for minutes on end does not work in front of a camera. His sketch-writing was awful, and his relentless wokeness matched with his predictable subject matter showed that he hadn't updated his act since the 80's. Horrible.

- The Sarah Millican Television Programme. Christ on a bike this was terrible. I've never cringed so hard at "comedy", not even Mr. Bean. Sarah Millican's standup is OK, if a bit milquetoast, but this show demonstrated that she cannot write a funny script, and cannot read from an autocue. The jokes would whiff one after the other, with the audience laughing in sympathy rather than enjoyment. Things got worse when she tried to interact with "celebrity guests". Everything was clearly pre-scripted, I guess because Millican or the producers didn't trust her to improvise, and everything was fake, insincere and laboured. Beyond awful, but somehow the BBC commissioned 3 series of this crap - I guess if you're a fat northern Feminist with the right connections, you too can be foisted on the public by the Beeb. Dreadful.

Last edited:

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
I'll try to narrow it down.

I remember seeing this show My Boys being promoted on TBS about 12 years ago and cringing hard. Just from the promos I could tell the dialogue was corny, the characters were one-dimensional, and the acting was stiff and awkward. The premise was that it was a woman who was "just one of the guys!" and she's not like the other girls because she likes sport and drink beer and play board game. Ugh.

Another more recent show would be I'm Sorry on TruTV. It's a mean-spirited show that is trying too hard to be Curb Your Enthusiasm and it's all about this horrible, shallow, narcissistic woman, and I guess it's supposed to be funny. It's not.

I also find Parks and Recreation annoying, like a poor man's version of The Office.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I'll try to narrow it down.

I remember seeing this show My Boys being promoted on TBS about 12 years ago and cringing hard. Just from the promos I could tell the dialogue was corny, the characters were one-dimensional, and the acting was stiff and awkward. The premise was that it was a woman who was "just one of the guys!" and she's not like the other girls because she likes sport and drink beer and play board game. Ugh.

Another more recent show would be I'm Sorry on TruTV. It's a mean-spirited show that is trying too hard to be Curb Your Enthusiasm and it's all about this horrible, shallow, narcissistic woman, and I guess it's supposed to be funny. It's not.

I also find Parks and Recreation annoying, like a poor man's version of The Office.
I miss when TruTV was COPS, and murder shows, and collections of car chases, videos of OSHA violation stupidity, and shit like that. Then it started showing nothing but various unfunny practical joke shows that were obviously paid performers, and became a low rent modern MTV.

Wazzupnerds

kiwifarms.net
I miss when TruTV was COPS, and murder shows, and collections of car chases, videos of OSHA violation stupidity, and shit like that. Then it started showing nothing but various unfunny practical joke shows that were obviously paid performers, and became a low rent modern MTV.
Impractical Jokers is the best comedy on TV, prove me wrong hoe

drtoboggan

Please, call me Mantis.
kiwifarms.net
The most recent terrible show I saw was The 2019 Twilight Zone. I watched two episodes before giving up as the show is way too bloated and seeing upcoming episodes like "Not All Men" didn't make me want to continue. This new twilight zone manages to be even more boring then Black Mirror post season 3.
And it doesn't have Liam Neesons or Bruce Willy in it.

OneEyedCool

kiwifarms.net
Just Wiki'ed EE&E, and there are several writers I'm surprised to discover. Who do you think was the best, or which groupings of minds? What season was the best?

Here is the list:

Danny Antonucci, Jono Howard, Mike Kubat, Rob Boutilier, Robert Leighton, Marlowe Weisman, John Mein, Geoff Berner, Jim Miller, Aaron McLaughlin, Keith Giffen, Rachel Connor (2005–09), Michael Hockney, Scott Underwood, Stacy Warnick (2008–09)

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Ed, Edd and Eddy. Many will disagree, but I couldn't stand the floating lines they did on the characters in the show. It was like watching your reflection in the toliet. It must have had good writers if it is a classic.
I was so grossed out by that show as a little girl and it didn't even bother me that I wasn't allowed to watch it. My husband got me to watch it as an adult and I can understand why people still talk about it, it's pretty entertaining.

Tags
None