The Worst Video Game OST You've Ever Heard -

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes I feel like the early CD Rom era as a whole was a mistake. Night Trap is the exception.

Those are awesomely bad music. Worst examples is when the game just uses a siren or screeching that hurts your ears. I like Qix and Ultimate Qix would be a fav on the Sega if it wasn't pain on the ears.

Sega Genesis had some the best and worst 16 bit music especially with the GEMS driver and laziness making music with it.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Diddy Kong Racing is my favorite racing game on the N64, and a big part of it is the soundtrack. It's easily one of the best on the N64, by far. So you would think that when remaking it for the DS that the music would sound exactly the same, just as Super Mario 64 DS did. Well, a lot of boneheaded mistakes were made with Diddy Kong Racing DS, the largest of which is the music. I don't know how they completely and utterly fucked it up, but they did. Seriously, just pick any track here, and compare it to the remake. Whoever was responsible for making that earrape can go fuck themselves with a chainsaw.

Screw Danlon

My God. It’s Full of HoloStars.
kiwifarms.net
Crappy soundtracks in crappy games is pretty easy. Kind of makes sense that bad games also have bad music. So I picked three games I love but still hate the songs.
The Dwarf Fortress “soundtrack” (this video is the entire soundtrack, btw) is ok the first couple times you hear it. But it repeats 8 times an hour.

I instantly hated this song. And it plays in an area you’re in for long periods to grind $. And it restarts any time you enter a shop (and there’s 6 of them in the area.)

And then, there’s... this. I wanted to find the Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 theme song, but it’s not on Youtube. But this one’s bad enough.

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
kiwifarms.net
I like Johnny Guitar, it works best when you're walking through the wasteland in the middle of the night. It's good at evoking a certain feeling of loneliness
Yeah, I actually like the song, it's just whatever algorithm the game used to select what song to play on the radio *really* favored Johnny Guitar.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

For context, the source is a survival horror game almost in name only, with only two main settings for its 7-9 hour run. The track posted is one of only two you will hear as you wander, slowly, around one half of those settings.

Enjoy your migraine.

ducktales4gameboy

ratatouille is people
kiwifarms.net
Those are awesomely bad music. Worst examples is when the game just uses a siren or screeching that hurts your ears. I like Qix and Ultimate Qix would be a fav on the Sega if it wasn't pain on the ears.

Complete agreement but someone already posted crazy bus and there's almost no way to beat that.

Diddy Kong Racing is my favorite racing game on the N64, and a big part of it is the soundtrack.

I think I repressed that soundtrack. It really makes me wish the port had been held back a decade for the 3DS where the hardware would have enough power to run a proper port of Rare's crossfading tracked music engine. I'm still mad the sequel got canned.

Hongourable Madisha

You see, some of us don't know English properly.
kiwifarms.net
The ending theme for Fahrenheit, which started so brilliantly and turned into such shit so quickly that it's become the standard by which bad games with potential are measured, people still talk about "Fahrenheit syndrome" when a game starts well and goes bad. This Nickelback tribute band at the end was the icing on the cake.

I'm possibly being unfair to the rest of the soundtrack, because early on in the game it had tunes like "Hang It Up" which was really catchy. But that's Fahrenheit all over: it started out good and ended up terrible, and the soundtrack was the same.

Sonic 06 had even worse songs.

Last edited:

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
You would think it's not possible, but there's slav jank in video game song form. Like a lot of slav jank it's awful and awesome.

Lyrics, these are important because like a lot of eastern european vidya jank the song itself seems fine at a glance, plus it explains the story of the game, so pay attention:

Once upon a time,
between that sturdy crime,
One boss set you up and swing you round
Hardest he could stop it on the road

Except his startings get lost
in a land of corruption and bad trust it really is a harp on his slack
even the police want him hushed

He was walking on a thin line
Getting his own crime
whilst dealing with the devil
and a fear he has high

From the North to the South,
From cooking to the boiling point
From the East to the West
To care what's ever with your own

To care what's ever with your own and the boiling point.

In the swarm of liaison violence
Which 6 people throw off the mask
Unsure whether he will find her
But should we always do go best?

He was walking on a thin line
Getting his own crime
whilst dealing with the devil
and a fear he has high

To care what's ever with your own and the boiling point

Did you get the setup of the game? Exactly, a man travels to south america to find his journalist daughter who got into trouble.

edit: more people should play that game. It's a game that I not only remember, I remember where and when I played it, I remember the desk, monitor, chair and even weather outside during that time. It was memorable but don't be fooled, it's not a great game.

Last edited:

Supreme Coomer

IM COOMING AAGH
kiwifarms.net
Crappy soundtracks in crappy games is pretty easy. Kind of makes sense that bad games also have bad music. So I picked three games I love but still hate the songs.
The Dwarf Fortress “soundtrack” (this video is the entire soundtrack, btw) is ok the first couple times you hear it. But it repeats 8 times an hour.

I instantly hated this song. And it plays in an area you’re in for long periods to grind $. And it restarts any time you enter a shop (and there’s 6 of them in the area.)

And then, there’s... this. I wanted to find the Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 theme song, but it’s not on Youtube. But this one’s bad enough.
That river city girls song isn't half bad, although I've never played the game so I guess it doesn't have as much impact.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This right here is not awful but rather cringe in the hardest way.

When this song happened I honestly contemplated deinstalling the game. The game wasn't that good BTW. Oh, the whole game is littered with cringe adult language it's just to be cursing for the sake of it.
And it falls flat hard.
I'm more offended by how they pronounce "early" as "earlai."