The Worst Video Game OST You've Ever Heard -

Hongourable Madisha

You see, some of us don't know English properly.
kiwifarms.net
I'm more offended by how they pronounce "early" as "earlai."
That's traditionally how you pronounce it in the Drunken Sailor song, for some reason.

You would think it's not possible, but there's slav jank in video game song form. Like a lot of slav jank it's awful and awesome.

Lyrics, these are important because like a lot of eastern european vidya jank the song itself seems fine at a glance, plus it explains the story of the game, so pay attention:

Once upon a time,
between that sturdy crime,
One boss set you up and swing you round
Hardest he could stop it on the road

Except his startings get lost
in a land of corruption and bad trust it really is a harp on his slack
even the police want him hushed

He was walking on a thin line
Getting his own crime
whilst dealing with the devil
and a fear he has high

From the North to the South,
From cooking to the boiling point
From the East to the West
To care what's ever with your own

To care what's ever with your own and the boiling point.

In the swarm of liaison violence
Which 6 people throw off the mask
Unsure whether he will find her
But should we always do go best?

He was walking on a thin line
Getting his own crime
whilst dealing with the devil
and a fear he has high

To care what's ever with your own and the boiling point

Did you get the setup of the game? Exactly, a man travels to south america to find his journalist daughter who got into trouble.

edit: more people should play that game. It's a game that I not only remember, I remember where and when I played it, I remember the desk, monitor, chair and even weather outside during that time. It was memorable but don't be fooled, it's not a great game.
Getting #MafiaLoreHype vibes from this one (but Mafia Lore's better)

Lungmos

Overseer of the Tactical Caffeine Reserve
kiwifarms.net
Bad music in 8-bit era games are more excusable imo. Back in those days, games were often developed by small teams that didn't necessarily include a musician or a composer. The music could very well have been made by some random programmer guy trying his best.

Today, games are often multi-media experiences with professional composers providing the score. A bad soundtrack in a modern game is more of an issue because, not only does it sound like shit, but someone (whose job it is to produce music) was actually paid real money to make the garbage you're hearing.

Lungmos

Overseer of the Tactical Caffeine Reserve
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes bad music is about context. This is the day/night town themes from Xenoblade Chronicles X:

These play in your home town/base. Constantly. For hours. And can't be turned off, because there's no option to mute music only.
If these had been shop themes or something like that, it wouldn't have been so bad. Hell, they might even have worked in that context.
But as constant background noise? One of the reasons I gave up on this game.

Megaroad 2012

Only pedophiles on trial think anime is worthwhile
kiwifarms.net
Anything by that Street Fighter IV guy. MvC3, Tekken x Street Fighter, ect.

Never had to mute a game until TxSF.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net
Are we allowed to use themes that are intentionally bad?

If not, I still have one that's from what's generally considered a good game.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes bad music is about context. This is the day/night town themes from Xenoblade Chronicles X:

These play in your home town/base. Constantly. For hours. And can't be turned off, because there's no option to mute music only.
If these had been shop themes or something like that, it wouldn't have been so bad. Hell, they might even have worked in that context.

So in the day time it's a bad bar band and at night we bust out something that sounds like a guy getting barebacked over a guitar solo?

Actually, the middle of the night song is kind of nice. But now for a town theme.

Hongourable Madisha

You see, some of us don't know English properly.
kiwifarms.net
There was a Sherlock Holmes adventure game I played back in the early 2000s that had a sequence at the end of every level where you had to answer a quiz by matching pieces of evidence you'd gathered. Sometimes the questions were pretty ambiguous and more than one piece could be the answer, and it wouldn't tell you which questions you'd got wrong, and only let you progress once you got them all right at the same time.

At this stage the only music that played was Dvorak's Humoresque. Which is a perfectly fine piece, but when it's repeated over and over again it gets old fast. Especially annoying for me since I play piano, so I had to play that when I was a kid. Anyone who learnt piano in their childhood hates it almost as much as Für Elise.

Supreme Coomer

IM COOMING AAGH
kiwifarms.net

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePypW6n1egQ 3:30 for the best part.

Jeff_the_Thriller

Sogg Mead Mugg - like Shrek but drunker
kiwifarms.net
I hated every song in Fallout 3. We get it. Its retro-future 50s stuff. The original games never had a strong emphasis on that aesthetic

Sun Shihong

Noodle Waifu
kiwifarms.net
The King of Fighters 2002, 2003 and SNK vs. Capcom Chaos, three games made by the same six MUGEN programmers Playmore hired in a rush to make a quick profit, and all of the three have the worst cacophonies I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.

Not going on how anyone who's not a japanese developer/weeb chiptune composer ruined Mega Drive's sounds because people already did so.