The Writing Thread -

Coelacanth

Your local shitposting living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Fiction writer here. I've been writing since I was about three or four years old, though most of it has been fan fiction that I don't usually post to the internet (but I must confess I'm not really enjoying being a part of the fanfic community anymore for reasons I won't go into unless asked about). I primarily write horror stuff, and at the moment I'm working on rewriting a pokemon fanfic I made about 2 years ago (which can be found here for those of you who're interested) and I'm determined to complete it so that I can at least say that I finally saw one of my projects through to the end.

Syaoran Li

Slum Lord of Pallet Town
kiwifarms.net
Just started writing a story on the fly if anyone is interested.

It's a semi-post apocalyptic story set in an Alternate History where the Cold War never ended and World War III broke out between NATO and the Soviet Union.

Unlike most depictions of World War III, instead of going nuclear, the war grinds on for so long that a global economic collapse happens and both civilian society and military command structures break down, resulting in chaos.

Some of my inspirations include The Odyssey, the original Red Dawn, and Twilight 2000.

Venus

Dat bitch
kiwifarms.net
I’m almost done writing my first draft after four and a half years(most of which involved me nuking the entire draft and starting all over again) and I gotta say, it’s a bittersweet feeling knowing I’m so close to the ending even though it’s not going to end well for my protagonist and her love interest.

It’s a simple fantasy that is only ringing up to 55,000 words so far (I predict I’ll be around 60,000 by the time I write ‘The End”).

I’m both dreading and looking forward to editing this thing so it becomes more readable for my poor betas.

Vlad the Inhaler

Wallachian Usurper/Fashion Impresario
kiwifarms.net
Maybe somebody here can help. I've fully completed the first draft of my first book. Without being an arrogant asshole, it is pretty good, but it's only a first draft. Writing the fucker was easy. But re-writing, editing and additions are fucking taking FOREVER!!! I doubt I'm even halfway done with the first re-write. Now it's become really hard work. But this is the difference between horse shit and a really good manuscript to submit. I just can't face it on most days. Fuck!!!

• Feels
Reactions: Venus

Jacob Harrison

The person who discovered England's true monarch
kiwifarms.net
How did he get there if he was already imprisoned from the second war?
Well the prophecies in the Silmarillion say that he will somehow escape the void for the final battle I think due to the guards falling asleep. So after his defeat in that battle, God created the realm of Hell for him and the fallen Ainur(as well as for the future wicked) but allowed them to be able to wander out of hell, so he was able to travel to the Garden of Eden and cause the fall of man.

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Cretin
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the Necro, but insomnia and writer feels.

For context:
I've been working on an autistic labor of love for post-apocalyptic and folklore shit. It gets kinda old school sci-fi with the whole human-technology relationship and the question of how much is too much, despite the setting being "1980s blasted back into the early 1900s" in terms of tech and information.

-Things are pretty solid so far, but I think I'm getting too ambitious with the crossgenre: maybe a functioning super computer and a handful of robots in one part might be TOO heavily derrived from The Postman (or Fallout in general) for the setting though. On the other hand, I am such a fag for retrofitting or trashheap salvage in postapoc.

I just don't want to fuck this up.

patchy<3

your local autistic furfag
kiwifarms.net
ok buddies, here we go.
(sperging warning by the way.)
i have a story that im proud of in the works. i first wrote it on an alt account on tumblr, but i dumped that version.
the story is very complex, since there are so many characters. i basically dump any non-personal characters into the story. its meant to have so many characters because i want it to feel like an actual world. im thinking about having mutliple stories from this world being published at once, though that would be pretty complicated.
im most proud of the whole afterlife thing for this story. the afterlife is a heaven/hell sort of thing, on the moon. on the bight side of the moon is the equivalent of heaven, and the dark side of the moon is the equivalent of hell. on the dark side is basically just this story's version of satan, who created "shadow creatures".
theyre basically edgy clingy creatures that are mostly a pitch black, and become even clingier, edgier, and very dangerous when left alone. due to shadow creatures being so dangerous, they used to be feared by everyone, but theyre pretty much accepted in the worlds society now.
jesus christ im so edgy.

• Autistic
Reactions: PsychoNerd054

Stalinist

blingwars quest; t. necromancer *~\(̅ö_̅Õ(̅/)
kiwifarms.net
Currently werking on IBS-gulag fanfic, like how would they deal with it etc., thing is, ISIS is also in the gulag with them and get better terms with the guards n shit, so our beloved IBS crew has to set aside their differences in the face of moral conundrums in order to survive.

The first chapter titled "Mujahideenian Disavowal: The trans-substantiation and consumption of flesh" and it details the arrival of our IBS-heroes, the initial difficulties of facing a starving pack of Jihadis, and finally culminates in an orgasmic event centered around the crude amputation of a gunt, and its obligatory consumption by the Gulag at large.

howyadoin

cool cat from a bland show
kiwifarms.net
This thread appeared at my twitter feed:

It made me wonder: to which extent should an author get criticism? Are reviews really only for the readers? Should authors be open to any sort of criticism? Or should they stick with certain people?

• Informative
Reactions: PsychoNerd054

Elwood P. Dowd

I am the lizard king. I can do ... anything.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 697466

It made me wonder: to which extent should an author get criticism? Are reviews really only for the readers? Should authors be open to any sort of criticism? Or should they stick with certain people?
Oddly, most of the reader reviews on GoodReads are complimentary, at least WRT her first book. Which I read, but was honestly a bit meh over. Urban Fantasy with YA overtones and brave powerful young women, blah, blah, blah, etc., the sort of thing that seems to be squirted off an assembly line these days by the Big 5 publishers. Having said that, I did like the idea of three Londons with magical leaks between them, did like the magical systems, but nothing else stuck out to me.

I am curious about how she seems to be too delicate a hothouse flower to go onto GoodReads, but then WTF are you doing on Twitter? Both places can be pretty rough at times, but I've never seen anyone get eaten alive on GoodReads the way people are on Twitter.

FWIW, looks like she's shifted gears from whiny millenial to brave, powerful wamen mode...

So, whatever. Get a fucking blog and write something coherent.

• Informative
Reactions: howyadoin

Venus

Dat bitch
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 697466

I reckon hearing at an author convention that the best thing a published author should do is not read the reviews if they want to be in the business for the long run.

• Informative
Reactions: howyadoin

Fashy Airship

Baron's Aircrew
kiwifarms.net
I reckon hearing at an author convention that the best thing a published author should do is not read the reviews if they want to be in the business for the long run.
That is a very good piece of advice, especially if you have a book that gets 'brigaded' by SJW pukes.
My book (s) are shadow-banned and reviewed-locked but one-star reviews suck if it's reviewer bias.

Places like this seem decent enough for authors, on other forums you can be deleted if the mods disagree with your politics.

Reactions: howyadoin and Venus

Galvatron

I can do no wrong... for I do not know what it is.
kiwifarms.net
Any farmer here live in Japan? Or have been to Japan? I’m working on a book and need some insight on some cities in Japan. Anyone willing to help me out ?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino