The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
It would probably be best just to start with Zero since it's the prequel to everything. The downside to this is that you'll miss a couple of references to characters that show up later and the start of plot threads that become relevant in future games. It's weird for me, I played the others before I touched Zero so noticing all the little references was a treat for me, but since you're new to the series going into Zero first without the plot of Yakuza 1 in the back of your mind might give you a better story experience.

Yeah, fuck it, start with Zero and just go from there
That's what replays are for. :)

Reactions: KingofNothing

Mazinkaiser

kiwifarms.net
Just finished Kiwami and holy shit I love this game. Feels like someone spitshined a PS2 game but didn't fuck with that special 6th gen "excellent ideas and kinda wobbly execution that ends up making the game more fun" aspect. Definitely gonna 100% this one.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
What in the actual fuck, they're paywalling New Game+ for Yakuza 7. They can keep their shitty skins, but charging for New Game+ at all is insane. What is Sega thinking? They won't get another cent out of me if this doesn't change.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Charges Just $0.60 for New Game+, But Rises to Nearly $9 in May
Nani!?

Yakuza Like A Dragon PS4
This might be the most bizarre and suspect handling we've seen of a piece of DLC in quite some time. SEGA has stripped Yakuza: Like a Dragon of its New Game+ feature in Japan so that it can sell it back to purchasers at a later date after every previous entry had the mode packed in from launch. That's bad enough on its own, but the situation gets even more ludicrous following the announcement of the expansion's pricing method. If you buy the DLC before 6th May, it'll cost you just 7 yen, or $0.63, but if you purchase after that date, you'll be charged 980 yen, or a whopping $8.79.
Yeah, we're just as baffled as you are. Has a piece of DLC ever had its price arbitrarily increased by such a degree? We're seriously struggling to think of any examples here. Named the Premium Masters Pack, the expansion includes New Game+ options for every difficulty mode, new Trophies, a rare item shop, a bunch of costumes, and premium items. It's not a bad selection of goodies, but when the entire situation is taken into account, this is truly unusual.
This isn't just us, is it? This is sort of insane, right? Why is SEGA hiking up the price of what was originally packed into previous instalments by such a huge margin? Try and explain why in the comments below.

• Islamic Content
Reactions: Tookie

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
What in the actual fuck, they're paywalling New Game+ for Yakuza 7. They can keep their shitty skins, but charging for New Game+ at all is insane. What is Sega thinking? They won't get another cent out of me if this doesn't change.

Wow. That’s a no go for me. I’m down for a new gameplay style, but I’m not paying a dime for a feature that has been in every prior release.

Unrelated, I was trying to unlock the Amon fght in 3, and I just now found out I have to complete the hostess clubs to do so. After fucking around with the clubs in 4 way back in the day (the clubs were not in the original US release of 3), I think I’d rather just jump off a bridge. It’s perhaps the most excruciatingly dull minigame/sidequest in the series, and I can’t fathom how the japs tolerate spending money and getting blueballed for hours on end.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Wow. That’s a no go for me. I’m down for a new gameplay style, but I’m not paying a dime for a feature that has been in every prior release.

Unrelated, I was trying to unlock the Amon fght in 3, and I just now found out I have to complete the hostess clubs to do so. After fucking around with the clubs in 4 way back in the day (the clubs were not in the original US release of 3), I think I’d rather just jump off a bridge. It’s perhaps the most excruciatingly dull minigame/sidequest in the series, and I can’t fathom how the japs tolerate spending money and getting blueballed for hours on end.
It's a good racket though. Getting paid tens of thousands of yen to chat some guy up and pretend to be engaged and you don't even have to touch a dick.

Reactions: Detrogen
Tags
None