The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
Apparently there is another Yakuza game in the works.

■ Sega Games

Hiroyuki Sakamoto, Yakuza: Kiwami 2 Director
Known for: Yakuza: Ishin!, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, Yakuza: Kiwami 2

“We are moving forward on preparations for the New Yakuza project. The announcement time is still not set, but please look forward to it.”

Toshihiro Nagoshi, Company Director and CPO
Known for: Yakuza series

“There are still things that we have yet to announce. There are still surprises to come, so please look forward to them!!”

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/4gamer-interviews-japanese-creators-2018-ambitions#Crud0BZ6WM5u5j7C.99

soryu

Jerry Mouse
kiwifarms.net
Yakuza 6 has an English release date of March 20th.
You bet your ass I preordered that shit right after finishing 0.

I was watching some gameplay for Hokuto ga Gotoku, it looks really fun. I hope it releases worldwide. The bartending and that weird hospital vocaloid-like mini game look hilarious. I'm pretty excited for the cabaret club mini game, too. I'm aware of Fist of the North Star, but never tried to read/watch it. The game makes the environments look amazing, which is making me want to start ASAP.

• Agree
Reactions: Pointandlaugh

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
I love it how the Japanese real Yakuza actually hate Kiruyu because no one wants guys who get into fights all the time as their men. Fucking love these guys. Shame they hate us gaijins with a big fury or else I would love to drink with them.
I love that article so much. Its pure gold.

S: You got your salaryman in there, the delinquent school girl and her sugar daddy, Chinese people, and even those Nigerian touts. What's with all the fucking gaijin (foreigners) in the area anyway? It used to be just Japanese, Koreans and Chinese.
M: Don't say gaijin. Say Gaikokujin. It's more polite. Jake's a gaijin.
S: Yeah, I forget sometimes. What's with all the fucking gaikokujin in Kabukicho anyway?
M: Kiryu is the way yakuza used to be. We kept the streets clean. People liked us. We didn't bother ordinary citizens. We respected our bosses. Now, guys like that only exist in video games.
S: I don't know any ex-yakuza running orphanages.
K: There was one a few years ago. A good guy.
M: You sure it wasn't just a tax shelter?
K: Sure it was a tax shelter but he ran it like a legitimate thing. You know.

Zaryiu

No one important
kiwifarms.net
2 questions: How badly did i mees up gettin Yakuza 2 instead of Kiwani 2? Also how do i get good in these games? I don't want to have a bad time since i can be really bad at video games

REGENDarySumanai

Not So Bad Once You Try It, Right?
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2 questions: How badly did i mees up gettin Yakuza 2 instead of Kiwani 2? Also how do i get good in these games? I don't want to have a bad time since i can be really bad at video games
Kiwami 2 will probably be localized in 2019. The international releases tend to be one game behind the JP release. Also, the key to getting good in Yakuza is upgrading wisely, knowing when to attack, switching attack styles, and studying the patterns of the enemies. It's all repetition.

• Agree
Reactions: soryu

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
So the English demo for Yakuza 6 was supposed to release yesterday, but the US store ended up giving out the full version instead. Now Sega just pulled all the English demos worldwide.
Was available today on the UK store, but now taken down.

I have the demo, just doing the RIZAP stuff and leveling up Kiryu. Going back to 6 after playing Kiwami 2 is rough.

Last edited:

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
I thought Hokuto ga Gotoku would get translated since Sato-san is the director of that game. The crowd during the stream was annoying as fuck.

Welp, it's time to get 100% again for Kiwami 2. The bouncer missions are very, very repetitive. Golf is a pain in the ass. And now Haruka's trust, but not as bad as Kiwami 1.

Redeemer and Destroyer

Vampiric Cishet Oppressor of Mankind
kiwifarms.net
Is there a definitive order to play the games? I've been seeing Yakuza stuff lately so I'm taking it as a sign to starr playing. No cash though, so I can only emulate. *sigh*

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just got into this series so I can do a later Let's Sperg on Project X Zone 2, which features Kazuma and Majima as part of the cast.

For those not aware, it features their "Dead Souls" versions allegedly, from that one weird zombie apocalypse spinoff that bombed hard, and they do use a lot of the weapons from that game in their animations and their intro uses a similar backdrop as that game, but if all you know is Yakuza 1 and 2, 0, or any of the other PS3/PS4 titles, that's really all you need to know, as it just features their characters and a small portion of Kamurocho as part of the crossover.

Their appearance is heavily based on the PS2 versions, though.

Also, I love Yakuza 2 especially of the PS2 titles, but Yakuza 1 would be good if it's combat system wasn't so dogshit. The weird camera angles I adapted to, but the combat system sucks ass.

Kiwami fixes all that, but has shittier music most of the time, so it's a lose-lose for Yakuza 1 either way sadly.

Finally, yeah, some of the English dub for Yakuza 1 is kinda crap, but Mark Hamill as Goro Majima is totally worth it.

REGENDarySumanai

Not So Bad Once You Try It, Right?
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really shocking to see it release 4 months after 6. In Japan it was a whole year between release dates. Translation team is doing pretty good, hopefully the quality is consistent.
Late reply, but the localization team for the Yakuza games is the same team that makes them.
I just got into this series so I can do a later Let's Sperg on Project X Zone 2, which features Kazuma and Majima as part of the cast.

For those not aware, it features their "Dead Souls" versions allegedly, from that one weird zombie apocalypse spinoff that bombed hard, and they do use a lot of the weapons from that game in their animations and their intro uses a similar backdrop as that game, but if all you know is Yakuza 1 and 2, 0, or any of the other PS3/PS4 titles, that's really all you need to know, as it just features their characters and a small portion of Kamurocho as part of the crossover.

Their appearance is heavily based on the PS2 versions, though.

Also, I love Yakuza 2 especially of the PS2 titles, but Yakuza 1 would be good if it's combat system wasn't so dogshit. The weird camera angles I adapted to, but the combat system sucks ass.

Kiwami fixes all that, but has shittier music most of the time, so it's a lose-lose for Yakuza 1 either way sadly.

Finally, yeah, some of the English dub for Yakuza 1 is kinda crap, but Mark Hamill as Goro Majima is totally worth it.
I've gotten to around chapter 34 in PXZ2 and yes, it does take a lot from Dead Souls. Also, pair up Kazuma and Majima with Ryo Hazuki.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Late reply, but the localization team for the Yakuza games is the same team that makes them.

I've gotten to around chapter 34 in PXZ2 and yes, it does take a lot from Dead Souls. Also, pair up Kazuma and Majima with Ryo Hazuki.
Yeah, I noticed the Shenmue in-jokes that resulted from that pair-up.

They did, however, hack off any Dead Souls related story outside of anything requiring knowledge of Kazuma and Majima, but otherwise they suture the serial numbers filed off Resident Evil style plot of Dead Souls to the actual Resident Evil inclusions in PXZ2 and it fits nigh seamlessly together.

Also, while I like how the series goes for a more realistic art style in its own canon, the anime intro for PXZ2 made Kazuma and Majima especially look badass.

Zaryiu

No one important
kiwifarms.net
So any playing Yakuza 6? I'm tempted to get it but i'm waiting to see if there are any bugs (from minor to game breaking) and how it compare gameplay-wise with 5, 0 and both Kiwamis.
I'm not going to let myself buy before i'm sure, i still regret buying the last game i brought

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
So any playing Yakuza 6? I'm tempted to get it but i'm waiting to see if there are any bugs (from minor to game breaking) and how it compare gameplay-wise with 5, 0 and both Kiwamis.
I'm not going to let myself buy before i'm sure, i still regret buying the last game i brought
I will say download the Prologue demo. It is the first chapter of the game, you get a sense of the mechanics. Plus you can transfer the save to the main game. You can play baseball, karaoke, Rizap gym in the demo.

I have played and got platinum in both Japanese and English versions of 6, I have not encountered any game breaking bugs. Is it better than 0, no. You can wait for it to go on sale. There is no four styles of fighting in this game compared to 0 and Kiwami.

Tags
None