The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
I will say download the Prologue demo. It is the first chapter of the game, you get a sense of the mechanics. Plus you can transfer the save to the main game. You can play baseball, karaoke, Rizap gym in the demo.

I have played and got platinum in both Japanese and English versions of 6, I have not encountered any game breaking bugs. Is it better than 0, no. You can wait for it to go on sale. There is no four styles of fighting in this game compared to 0 and Kiwami.
Ah ok, by the i assume you might have played the japanese version of Yakuza Kiwami 2, i heard they added stuff and cut stuff out, if its's true what did they do in particular? I do know they added the HEAT system

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
Ah ok, by the i assume you might have played the japanese version of Yakuza Kiwami 2, i heard they added stuff and cut stuff out, if its's true what did they do in particular? I do know they added the HEAT system
I have played Kiwami 2. From the top of my head, they got rid of the small area which had the Billiken statue. No more Kiryu being a host. You can run a cabaret club, but it's not Marietta from the original. It's the same club from 0 and same system. The soundtrack is different and they added three chapters regarding Majima.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
I have played Kiwami 2. From the top of my head, they got rid of the small area which had the Billiken statue. No more Kiryu being a host. You can run a cabaret club, but it's not Marietta from the original. It's the same club from 0 and same system. The soundtrack is different and they added three chapters regarding Majima.
Thanks, I assume Yakuza 6 japanese version doesn't have english subtitles? If it did i could ask this friend of mine going to Japan if he'd buy it for me ()of course i'd supply the cash)

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Thanks, I assume Yakuza 6 japanese version doesn't have english subtitles? If it did i could ask this friend of mine going to Japan if he'd buy it for me ()of course i'd supply the cash)
That is correct, the Japanese version of 6 doesn't have English subtitles.

Gonna recommend som good LPs of 4 and 0 here by Teo Best Friends Play. Both are fully complete, and the first episode of 4 is just a rundown of the first three games.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2snGmbR9PiEP3QVq50K6N_v

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2s8ztoONcYX--Vj796ZUa0i
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9yHR9lJegGB_RyK_sB9JoKvMfoHpIh-c

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
I bought Yakuza: Kiwami a few days back, and boy is it disappointing. Yakuza 0 is so fucking good, but Kiwami is a massive step down in quality. Aside from the Nishikiyama stuff, there's not a lot going on with the main story. At its best, it's mediocre. At it's worst, it moves way too fast and jumps all over the place. The sub-stories are mostly just "meh." There are a few memorable ones, though, like "The Truth About Beauty." There's not much to be said about the mini-games. They're either the same as they were in zero or the same but slightly different. The stupid "Rock, Paper, Scissors" mini-game is also back, but it seems a bit more bearable this time around so I'll give Kiwami props for that.

Then you've got the boss battles... jesus christ, these things make the cluster-fucks of Dark Souls 3 look like child's play. Even the bosses that you fight 1v1 are bullshit. I don't remember a single boss where I felt like I won with skill. On the other hand, I can clearly remember brute-forcing them all by constantly choking down "Staminan Royales."

All that being said, the "Majima Everywhere" system is great. It certainly doesn't make up for the rest of the game, but it's probably the only thing that Kiwami did better than zero. His "Breaker" style makes me want to rip my dick off sometimes, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Pointandlaugh

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
I bought Yakuza: Kiwami a few days back, and boy is it disappointing. Yakuza 0 is so fucking good, but Kiwami is a massive step down in quality. Aside from the Nishikiyama stuff, there's not a lot going on with the main story. At its best, it's mediocre. At it's worst, it moves way too fast and jumps all over the place. The sub-stories are mostly just "meh." There are a few memorable ones, though, like "The Truth About Beauty." There's not much to be said about the mini-games. They're either the same as they were in zero or the same but slightly different. The stupid "Rock, Paper, Scissors" mini-game is also back, but it seems a bit more bearable this time around so I'll give Kiwami props for that.

Then you've got the boss battles... jesus christ, these things make the cluster-fucks of Dark Souls 3 look like child's play. Even the bosses that you fight 1v1 are bullshit. I don't remember a single boss where I felt like I won with skill. On the other hand, I can clearly remember brute-forcing them all by constantly choking down "Staminan Royales."

All that being said, the "Majima Everywhere" system is great. It certainly doesn't make up for the rest of the game, but it's probably the only thing that Kiwami did better than zero. His "Breaker" style makes me want to rip my dick off sometimes, though.
I will say Kiwami improved on 0's combat, quick switch to other fighting styles and combos. The thing I disliked was the regenerated health and climax heat actions in boss fights. Makes you want to use Tiger drop the whole fight.

I thought Majima Everywhere was tedious at times. Sure it was funny but some of the narrative didn't fit into the original story, chapter 5 is an example. Plus with the beads on that prevent encounters, Majima still shows up.

The soundtrack wasn't my cup of tea. Some songs butchered compared to the original.

The final fight is good. The Jingu fight is just bullshit.

• Informative
Reactions: OhGoy

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
I thought Majima Everywhere was tedious at times. Sure it was funny but some of the narrative didn't fit into the original story, chapter 5 is an example. Plus with the beads on that prevent encounters, Majima still shows up.
It was better than Mr. Shakedown(s) in zero. They all fought the exact same way. And, even though they all had a backstory/personality, 3/4 of them were uninteresting and/or cliche. But the other 1/4, AKA "THE APEX PREDATOR," was pretty entertaining. That being said, it was a bit of a let down that you only learn his (and the other Shakedowns') backstory through dialogue.

Majima's a step up from them. He has four unique fighting styles, he has a personality that isn't exclusively shown through dialogue, etc. He's just better.

I honestly wouldn't mind him constantly showing up if the dialogue wasn't always the exact same.

Rank G
Majima: "Wow, Kiryu. You still pack a punch!"
Kiryu: "You sure do seem relaxed after having lost."
etc.

Rank SSS
Majima: "Wow, Kiryu. You still pack a punch!"
Kiryu: "You sure do seem relaxed after having lost."
etc.

I completely agree with the narrative inconsistency, as amusing as it is at times.
>majima gets stabbed in the gut with a big ass knife and passes out
>two seconds after kiryu leaves the batting cages, he gets ambushed by majima

:thinking:
The soundtrack wasn't my cup of tea. Some songs butchered compared to the original.
Since I've never played the original Yakuza games, I can't really say anything about that. I will say, though, that I was very upset to find that they didn't carry over the feature from zero, whereas the game's music would change based on what style you were using... like, I know they're trying to stay true to the original, but come on.

• Agree

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
tiger drop is so fucking busted

i never understood how busted it was before, but now that i have it holy shit

this is the most unbalanced attack i've seen in recent years

it's so strong that i feel like i'm cheating when i use it

it's so strong that i actually feel sorry for the enemies

this is the pinnacle of overpowered bullshit

• Agree

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
I finally beat Kiwami... and zero is still waaaaaaaaaay better in (almost) every way.

Is Yakuza 2/Yakuza Kiwami 2 any better than one? I hope the plot to 2 isn't as much of a clusterfuck as it was in 1. It would also be nice if they realized that swarming you with mobs while you're already fighting a boss is fucking stupid.

Oh, I almost forgot...

FUCK JINGU

Last edited:

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
I finally beat Kiwami... and zero is still waaaaaaaaaay better in (almost) every way.

Is Yakuza 2/Yakuza Kiwami 2 any better than one? I hope the plot to 2 isn't as much of a clusterfuck as it was in 1. It would also be nice if they realized that swarming you with mobs while you're already fighting a boss is fucking stupid.

Oh, I almost forgot...

FUCK JINGU
Depends. How do you like 6, if you’ve played it? It uses its mechanics as opposed to how Kiwami uses 0’s.

Van Darkholme

DEEP ♂DARK ♂FANTASIES
kiwifarms.net
Not much of a Dragon Engine fan, Yakuza 6 felt somewhat weird to me with its janky physics engine (objects like bicycles flying across the screen after an enemy ran into it, happend more than once) and 30 fps (not to mention the amount of tearing the game has on a standard PS4, at least).

Sure, being able to seamlessly enter stores and whatnot is nice, but it feels like for every bit they added, they removed something else from the game, like fishing, Pocket Circuit or UFO catchers. Also no fighting styles anymore, I miss Beast mode.

Let's see what they come up with in Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku and its new protagonist.
(inb4 nobody likes him and they bring Kiryu back in the game after that)

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net

Oh, I almost forgot...

FUCK JINGU
I do prefer the story of Yakuza 2 but it has its fair share of crazy plot twists. I think the later entries have more convoluted stories compared to the first Yakuza game.

Be prepared for Kiwami 2. Those awful bouncer missions are very repetitive. And Haruka's trust.

Not much of a Dragon Engine fan, Yakuza 6 felt somewhat weird to me with its janky physics engine (objects like bicycles flying across the screen after an enemy ran into it, happend more than once) and 30 fps (not to mention the amount of tearing the game has on a standard PS4, at least).

Sure, being able to seamlessly enter stores and whatnot is nice, but it feels like for every bit they added, they removed something else from the game, like fishing, Pocket Circuit or UFO catchers. Also no fighting styles anymore, I miss Beast mode.

Let's see what they come up with in Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku and its new protagonist.
(inb4 nobody likes him and they bring Kiryu back in the game after that)
The team improved the engine for Kiwami 2. It's still 30fps on the original PS4 but not much screen tearing. To be honest, I like the addition of Virtua Fighter 5 and Clan Creator in 6. In Kiwami 2, you get some pissing minigame, Virtual On, Virtua Fighter 2 and UFO Catcher. Also the gambling games from the previous games such as Koi Koi, Poker etc. Cheat items are back. The best thing in Kiwami 2 is the 8 man battle royale fights in the coliseum.

Everything in Kiwami 2 has gone back to text dialogue apart from the cutscenes. Weapons can be stored in inventory and can be used in any random fights (like the games before 6).

Galvatron

I can do no wrong... for I do not know what it is.
kiwifarms.net
Yakuza is by far my favorite game series from a story perspective. Not the best gameplay, but it is fun. But I come to Yakuza for the story, the silly moments, and "Japan Simulator". If it were just straight up fights without those other elements that truly make Yakuza magical, then I doubt I would have stayed around.

I just worry what will happen with the story now that Kiryu's story has ended. Supposedly, Sega is already working on a new game. I'm just worried that we might lose some of that magic without Kiryu.

I'll just say, I would ABSOLUTELY buy a Yakuza Kiwami 3, 4, and 5. Yeah they were on the PS3, but I'd still buy them even if they were just a remaster

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Yakuza is by far my favorite game series from a story perspective. Not the best gameplay, but it is fun. But I come to Yakuza for the story, the silly moments, and "Japan Simulator". If it were just straight up fights without those other elements that truly make Yakuza magical, then I doubt I would have stayed around.

I just worry what will happen with the story now that Kiryu's story has ended. Supposedly, Sega is already working on a new game. I'm just worried that we might lose some of that magic without Kiryu.

I'll just say, I would ABSOLUTELY buy a Yakuza Kiwami 3, 4, and 5. Yeah they were on the PS3, but I'd still buy them even if they were just a remaster
For me the gameplay really got me hooked, especially the pool and fishing minigames. The story is interesting, but it then takes a nosedive near the end with the crazy plot twists.

I wouldn't mind Yakuza 5 in 60fps. Since 5 uses the same engine as 0, shouldn't be a problem.

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net

Ask, and you shall receive. Still no PC version.

Galvatron

I can do no wrong... for I do not know what it is.
kiwifarms.net
...I can't possibly say "fuck yes" loud enough, but...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

(also, there never will be a PC version. Or at least not for a very long time. Sony pays good money to keep those games exclusive. They want fans of the series, or potential fans of the series to be considering that when they decide where they do their gaming. " Oh? You want to switch to PC gaming, or the Xbox? No more Yakuza for you, fucker.")

It's the same reason why Microsoft is keeping Halo away from Playstation, or Banjo Kazooie from Nintendo

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Looks like they have changed the hostesses in the Yakuza 3 remaster, but they kept the original intro song Loser. I enjoyed Yakuza 3. Minigame Master is going to kick my ass again, then again this time the team might make 100% completion list trophy. Fuck AnswerxAnswer.

A trip down memory lane.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino