The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Got into Yakuza 0 and Kiwami recently, and I am looking forward to Kiwami 2, as well as the 3, 4, and 5 Remasters. Gonna hold off on 6 til I get through them.

I've seen LPs of them before, and as stupid as it is, the secret brother of Kazama that was a CIA Nigger, the one that was never mentioned again in future installments, was hilarious.

Fagatron 69

kiwifarms.net
I don't know much about it, how bad is it?
It's really not that bad and it actually works. My biggest issue with DRM is that it's pointless because it gets cracked immediately but Dunuvo usually holds up for weeks if not longer. Some people say it makes games run slightly worse but I've never noticed personally.

• Informative
Reactions: dunbrine47

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Found out that Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 will have remasters but unfortunately there's no new stuff from the original in the sense that nothing that was cut will be added back

• Informative

dunbrine47

Rumpy Fish's Brother: Grumpy
kiwifarms.net
Alright, the game unlocked. It looks like there has been some polish done with this one. However, the opening cutscene video just froze while the audio kept going. I press some buttons on my gamepad and I crash back to desktop.
Dumbfuck me has to force the game to use my graphics card.
I'll keep everybody updated.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright, the game unlocked. It looks like there has been some polish done with this one. However, the opening cutscene video just froze while the audio kept going. I press some buttons on my gamepad and I crash back to desktop.
Not an issue for me.

Game runs smooth as butter on max settings.

Do recommend that gamepads are preferable though. Keyboard is viable, but the gamepad is better.

dunbrine47

Rumpy Fish's Brother: Grumpy
kiwifarms.net
Real Yakuza use Gamepads (TM Sega).

Now I'm sure somebody will get to it faster then me but I'm real curious if the texture for the biker gang jacket got cleaned up.

Henk Hill

Clouds?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm having issues with the game stuttering and dropping framerate. Somehow, going into task manager and setting the game on high priority seems to fix that, but going in and out of the game just to do so is pretty annoying. Fun so far otherwise, this little karaoki game with a plot is pretty good.

• Informative

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
So how much different is the combat in Yakuza 3 in comparison to later games in the series?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino