The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

dunbrine47

Rumpy Fish's Brother: Grumpy
kiwifarms.net
Alright, the game unlocked. It looks like there has been some polish done with this one. However, the opening cutscene video just froze while the audio kept going. I press some buttons on my gamepad and I crash back to desktop.
Dumbfuck me has to force the game to use my graphics card.
I'll keep everybody updated.
I got the graphics card settings fixed.
So far the only major technical issues I am running into is the game crashing in cutscenes. The screen goes dark, windowed and a few seconds later button presses and audio freeze up.
Anybody else experiencing something similar?

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
So how much different is the combat in Yakuza 3 in comparison to later games in the series?
In Yakuza 3, you can do combos while the enemies are in the air, kinda like juggling. I think they got rid of it in 4 but it has been a while since I have played 4. Definitely removed in 5. As @the autist of dojima has said, the enemies block most of your attacks. This is common on the higher difficulties.

Looks like Yakuza 6 is heading to PC too.
https://www.pcgamer.com/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-may-be-coming-to-pc/

Maybe Fist of the North Star and Kiwami 2 will be on PC in the near future.

I hope you all are enjoying Yakuza 0 on the PC.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately my computer is a hand me down with a max of 100gb so i prefer my Yakuza games on PS3 and 4 (bonus for my TV chair being more confortable)

GethN7

Cute doggo is cute
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In Yakuza 3, you can do combos while the enemies are in the air, kinda like juggling. I think they got rid of it in 4 but it has been a while since I have played 4. Definitely removed in 5. As @the autist of dojima has said, the enemies block most of your attacks. This is common on the higher difficulties.

Runs like butter and plays great.

I look forward to the first Yakuza remake minus the crappy controls of the the PS2 game, though I admit I'll miss Mark Hamill doing Majima, he was perfect as the Mad Dog of Shimano, though his Japanese seiyuu is nothing to be ashamed of either.

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Runs like butter and plays great.

I look forward to the first Yakuza remake minus the crappy controls of the the PS2 game, though I admit I'll miss Mark Hamill doing Majima, he was perfect as the Mad Dog of Shimano, though his Japanese seiyuu is nothing to be ashamed of either.
Don't worry, mods will do the job of replacing the VA to the original English VA once Kiwami is out on PC. There might be a mod for the original soundtrack to be played instead of the Kiwami soundtrack.

Surprised there is mods for 0 already.

Henk Hill

Clouds?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I fully expect Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6 to be released on PC. I'm more interested if 3, 4, and 5 will be too, so I can play though the whole series without getting a console.

• Agree
Reactions: LonnieRohn

soryu

Jerry Mouse
kiwifarms.net
Yakuza Kiwami 2 released last week. I've been playing it and the Dragon Engine's been polished up quite a bit. tbh I still like the original Yakuza 2 for PS2. The green filter in Kiwami 2 is a bit annoying and the fighting feels a bit less challenging now. I've also noticed they've tweaked the cutscenes a bit, like pacing and placement of characters.

In other news, the Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise demo is dropping in a few hours.
Also, Yakuza Online had a trailer come out on August 26th:
unknown (3).png

• Informative
Reactions: Pointandlaugh

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Announced at the TGS was a spinoff of the Yakuza series, Project Judge or Judge Eyes. This time, it takes place from the perspective of a former defense attorney turned private eye. A demo can be found on the Japanese PussNet.

And if you want to watch good gameplay and coverage of the series, I'd recommend checking out devilleon7's channel, which is the channel that hosted both embedded videos.

soryu

Jerry Mouse
kiwifarms.net
Judge Eyes looks promising. I played the demo right when it came out. It took me about a half hour to finish it.
I really like the new combat styles and heat moves. Also the fact you can climb on cars and walls brings a lot of flexibility while fighting. I can't wait to see Kamurocho Hills too.
Nagoshi said they've been working on this game for about 3 years so I'm excited.

• Informative
Reactions: Pointandlaugh

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
The combat and exploration is fluid in Judge Eyes, the combat is pretty good. It's only a demo but the gameplay feels more responsive than 6 and Kiwami 2. The only thing that will be boring is following the suspect for 5 minutes.

GethN7

Cute doggo is cute
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is FoTNS considered good or a hack fraud carbon copy?
From what I heard Hokuto No Ken and Yakuza fans think it's awesome shit.

Hell, they even did a special remix of "Recieve You", Hokuto No Ken style that is metal as fuck:

• Agree
Reactions: broilerrx

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FotNS: LP runs on the same engine as 0/Kiwami, because the Dragon Engine can't handle cell shaded art, or some shit. But it still looks fucking great, and from what I understand, means the game should be running at 60 FPS, just like 0 and Kiwami. The demo certainly felt responsive enough to me, as opposed to Kiwami 2, which I took notice to when transitioning from 0.

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
Just said fuck it and got Kiwami 2 instead, it's cheaper and I want more Kiryu

GethN7

Cute doggo is cute
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just said fuck it and got Kiwami 2 instead, it's cheaper and I want more Kiryu
Bit ironic you say that.

Kenshiro has Kiryu's VA, and in terms of gameplay, IS KAZUMA KIRYU, just filtered through the lens of Hokuto no Ken.

The trailers even had Kazuma turn into Kenshiro.

So you still would have gotten your fix either way to a certain extent.

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
Bit ironic you say that.

Kenshiro has Kiryu's VA, and in terms of gameplay, IS KAZUMA KIRYU, just filtered through the lens of Hokuto no Ken.

The trailers even had Kazuma turn into Kenshiro.

So you still would have gotten your fix either way to a certain extent.
I meant story-wise. FoTNS is still very much a different story from Yakuza K2.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino