The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
Fist of the North Star is good, but there are a couple of things that let it down.

First is the music. The music is good but you will be hearing the same battle theme over and over again. Same with Shin's battle theme and the long battle theme. There is other battle themes for other characters, but that's later in the game.

If you like to get 100%, this is grinding hell. This makes the Yakuza 0 and Kiwami platinum look like a joke. Some of the requirements are pure bullshit just for the sake of it. One example is 5000 litres of petrol refilled. There is one side mission which takes the piss, you have to pay off a 99,000,000 dollar debt. This requires you to play the hostess minigame over and over again. You also have to grind Buggy Points (BP) from races to get expensive armour. If any of you have played and platted Ishin, you know the hell with that game.

There's no taxi service in Eden. No sprint for Kenshiro. Not that many shops in Eden compared to Kamurocho. RNG with some of the accessories.

Edit:
I have the platinum for the Japanese version.
Screenshot (6).png

Last edited:

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
Fist of the North Star is good, but there are a couple of things that let it down.

First is the music. The music is good but you will be hearing the same battle theme over and over again. Same with Shin's battle theme and the long battle theme. There is other battle themes for other characters, but that's later in the game.

If you like to get 100%, this is grinding hell. This makes the Yakuza 0 and Kiwami platinum look like a joke. Some of the requirements are pure bullshit just for the sake of it. One example is 5000 litres of petrol refilled. There is one side mission which takes the piss, you have to pay off a 99,000,000 dollar debt. This requires you to play the hostess minigame over and over again. You also have to grind Buggy Points (BP) from races to get expensive armour. If any of you have played and platted Ishin, you know the hell with that game.

There's no taxi service in Eden. No sprint for Kenshiro. Not that many shops in Eden compared to Kamurocho. RNG with some of the accessories.

Edit:
I have the platinum for the Japanese version.
View attachment 555453
Lemme guess, Kiwami 2 requires you to play the gloriofied iPhone app in order to platinum it

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Lemme guess, Kiwami 2 requires you to play the gloriofied iPhone app in order to platinum it
I didn't know there was an app for Kiwami 2. But no need for apps to platinum Kiwami 2, it's pretty straight forward. No need to pay for the Majima Construction characters to complete the Majima Construction story. The bouncer missions will bore you for a lousy bronze trophy.

As for Fist of the North Star, the 100% trophy has been changed to 50% in the west version.

• Informative
Reactions: Lackadaisy

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
I didn't know there was an app for Kiwami 2. But no need for apps to platinum Kiwami 2, it's pretty straight forward. No need to pay for the Majima Construction characters to complete the Majima Construction story. The bouncer missions will bore you for a lousy bronze trophy.

As for Fist of the North Star, the 100% trophy has been changed to 50% in the west version.
Was making fun of Clan Creator. Doesn't seem bad, but it seems like it would be much better as a mobile game

• Informative
Reactions: Pointandlaugh

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
So, is the combat in the Fist of the North Star game like Kiwami 2 and 6, the rest of the series, or is it something brand new? The combat in the newer Yakuza games feels so limiting compared to 0 and Kiwami 1 and I'd hate to go through that in another game... but i'll probably try out FotNS anyways.

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
So, is the combat in the Fist of the North Star game like Kiwami 2 and 6, the rest of the series, or is it something brand new? The combat in the newer Yakuza games feels so limiting compared to 0 and Kiwami 1 and I'd hate to go through that in another game... but i'll probably try out FotNS anyways.
The FotNS game uses the 5 engine (0 uses this engine too). Only one fight style you will be using and that is Hokuto Shinken, same levelling system as Kiwami. You do get support from Destiny Talismans, they work like the weapon system in the Yakuza series, they have a time limit once you activate them. Some destiny talismans work in battle, some in exploring and racing. These destiny talismans can do different things since they are based on the characters from the FotNS series. The combo system is the same formula in the Yakuza series, the usual square, square triangle. One addition to note is the perfect channelling system, you get this ability later in the game (well chapter 5). Once you get your opponent to a certain state, the circle button appears above their heads. When you press circle and time it right, this can kill the lower enemies and do some damage on the bosses. There is heat actions too but not as many as the Yakuza series, I can't really complain about this because I do like Hokuto no Ken and the secret techniques are fan service.

TLDR; you can give the demo a try.

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
The FotNS game uses the 5 engine (0 uses this engine too). Only one fight style you will be using and that is Hokuto Shinken, same levelling system as Kiwami. You do get support from Destiny Talismans, they work like the weapon system in the Yakuza series, they have a time limit once you activate them. Some destiny talismans work in battle, some in exploring and racing. These destiny talismans can do different things since they are based on the characters from the FotNS series. The combo system is the same formula in the Yakuza series, the usual square, square triangle. One addition to note is the perfect channelling system, you get this ability later in the game (well chapter 5). Once you get your opponent to a certain state, the circle button appears above their heads. When you press circle and time it right, this can kill the lower enemies and do some damage on the bosses. There is heat actions too but not as many as the Yakuza series, I can't really complain about this because I do like Hokuto no Ken and the secret techniques are fan service.

TLDR; you can give the demo a try.
Is there an equivalent to the tiger drop in the game? It was OP and broken as fuck (except against Jingu, that motherfucker) in Yakuza... but that's why it was fun to use.

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Is there an equivalent to the tiger drop in the game? It was OP and broken as fuck (except against Jingu, that motherfucker) in Yakuza... but that's why it was fun to use.
There is counter attacks that are not as broken as the tiger drop in this game. But you won't be using them since the timing is off putting at times.

Mammal Pod

Pi is equal to 3.2546373698888...
kiwifarms.net
Yakuza Kiwami announced for the PS+ lineup in November, the other major title being Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition.

• Informative

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
Just beat FotNS:LP. It was okay.

Up until about the half-way point the combat was pretty fun. It got a little repetitive after that. By the end-game I was almost exclusively using the two secret techniques that counter and kill two people at once against the normal enemies... boy did I get tired of watching those animations.

Most of the side-content was pretty forgettable. The bartender mini-game was extremely repetitive, the clinic was a shittier version of karaoke, and the batting just pissed me off. The nightclub shook things up a bit but was still basically the same as the cabaret clubs in Yakuza 0/Kiwami 2. The racing would've been fun if you couldn't nullify the difficulty of certain tracks by having the right upgrades. The one thing I did enjoy was the bounty hunter stuff. As for the substories, I don't remember A N Y of it aside from the shoulder pad craftsman thing... seriously.

I didn't really have any complaints about the story until the end. The final boss was disappointing gameplay-wise and plot-wise. Also,
The entirety of Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise might've just been a dream that Yuria had... It makes sense since this is a spin-off of the original source material, but still.

While I still enjoyed myself, it honestly feels like a step down from the recent Yakuza games I've played.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Mammal Pod

kiwifarms.net
Help I'm stuck on chapter 4 of Kiwami because I can't stop myself from fighting Majima

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Help I'm stuck on chapter 4 of Kiwami because I can't stop myself from fighting Majima
Be careful in some shops, you will encounter Majima in some places. In the long run, facing Majima will give you some abilities for the Dragon of Dojima style.

Mammal Pod

kiwifarms.net
Be careful in some shops, you will encounter Majima in some places. In the long run, facing Majima will give you some abilities for the Dragon of Dojima style.
No no no, you have the wrong idea.
I was tracking hin down to fight him because he is funny as fuck.
I actually got Majima Everywhere to rank B before the game basically told me to stop and go actually do the story

Last edited:

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
I just got a PS4; I think that means I can get into these.

But I'm sure even fans will admit the series is hard to follow for an outsider. Would appreciate any tips on where to start.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
I just got a PS4; I think that means I can get into these.

But I'm sure even fans will admit the series is hard to follow for an outsider. Would appreciate any tips on where to start.
I recommend starting with 0 like i did since the story starts there

Anyone able to help? I'm stuck in the cabaret sidestory, ievery time i try the club fight with the third enemy i get bitchslapped into the ground hard, what am i doing wrong

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
What's the order after that?

I seem to recall hearing it's not as linear as, say, the Sonichu comic numbering.

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net

I seem to recall hearing it's not as linear as, say, the Sonichu comic numbering.
As a newcomer, the order I've done it in thus far is 0, Kiwami 1, and then Kiwami 2. The developers are remastering 3, 4, and 5 so I'm just waiting on that before I continue the series.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Guts Gets Some

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net

Kiwami 1 and 2, I don't went Kiwami 3 is coming to North America and it could years for Kiwami 4 and Kiwami 5 to happen (3 was on PS2 while 4 and 5 was were on ps3) and then 6 . Over all if it has the next numer it's the next one but Remasters don't exist yet for some of them yet

dunbrine47

Rumpy Fish's Brother: Grumpy
kiwifarms.net
I recommend starting with 0 like i did since the story starts there

Anyone able to help? I'm stuck in the cabaret sidestory, ievery time i try the club fight with the third enemy i get bitchslapped into the ground hard, what am i doing wrong
Tl;DR Stack your deck with platinum and golds, work them a few sessions to get their levels up and you the girls should be better able to endure enemy special moves.

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kiwami 1 and 2, I don't went Kiwami 3 is coming to North America and it could years for Kiwami 4 and Kiwami 5 to happen (3 was on PS2 while 4 and 5 was were on ps3) and then 6 . Over all if it has the next numer it's the next one but Remasters don't exist yet for some of them yet
3 was actually on the PS3, not PS2. 3, 4, and 5 aren't getting Kiwami remakes, but rather HD remasters for the PS4, all at 1080p 60fps. 3's remaster already out on PS4 in Japan, 4 is coming out soon, with a new face for Tanimura, since the actor he was based off of fucked off from the industry after some scandal.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino