The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

Mammal Pod

Pi is equal to 3.2546373698888...
kiwifarms.net
So I finally got all of the skills in Kiwami and I gotta say, the game actually letting you continue playing after getting the Tiger Drop instead of just rolling the credits feels like a formality.

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
You guys think Kiwami 2 would be on the black friday list? Not seeing it on GS' list or Target's, but last year Amazon had Kiwami 1 and they like to be more secretive with sales

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
You guys think Kiwami 2 would be on the black friday list? Not seeing it on GS' list or Target's, but last year Amazon had Kiwami 1 and they like to be more secretive with sales
Always best to shop around. Amazon isn't that great in terms of sales like before. Are they still distributing the steelbook edition? I have the Kiwami 2 steelbook edition, it's not bad in terms of design.

So i heard a video was released recntly about stuff related to Yakuza Online, anyone seen it?
Fuck knows what this is about. There is more focus on Judge Eyes at the moment since that game is out next month.

This YouTube channel is the official Ryu ga Gotoku channel for videos regarding the upcoming Ryu ga Gotoku studio games.

How do I unlock the ability to shoot the Expert billiards player in the head
More like get rid of Haruka. Saving her from everything isn't enough.

Zaryiu

kiwifarms.net
Any one wanto guess when Yakuza 3 Remaster or whatever name they give it will come to NA? I know it's out out in Japan

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Any one wanto guess when Yakuza 3 Remaster or whatever name they give it will come to NA? I know it's out out in Japan
It will still be called Yakuza 3. As for when it comes out, not sure. My guess is when 4 and 5 are remastered, the team will do a 3, 4 and 5 collection bundle.

Apart from the 60fps, the Yakuza 3 remastered just feels weird. They got rid of the cross dresser side mission, 95% of the cutscenes is 60fps, audio issues. Some subtle changes to things like Tamashiro's Family badge. Thank God they got rid of AnswerxAnswer. We'll see how the game is when released in the west.

Henk Hill

Clouds?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It will still be called Yakuza 3. As for when it comes out, not sure. My guess is when 4 and 5 are remastered, the team will do a 3, 4 and 5 collection bundle.

Apart from the 60fps, the Yakuza 3 remastered just feels weird. They got rid of the cross dresser side mission, 95% of the cutscenes is 60fps, audio issues. Some subtle changes to things like Tamashiro's Family badge. Thank God they got rid of AnswerxAnswer. We'll see how the game is when released in the west.
Let me guess, Sony demanded that get removed? I'll just find a copy of the original somewhere.

Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net
Let me guess, Sony demanded that get removed? I'll just find a copy of the original somewhere.
The massage minigame is still in the game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayana_Tsubaki
'She' appears on every Nagoshi stream to this date.

I think the team did a reprint of the games released for the PS3 back in 2012/2014. Check either ebay or playasia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henk Hill

Zaryiu

kiwifarms.net
So Kasuga Ichiban is taking the role of Franchise protagonist now that Kazuma Kiryu story is over but fanforites like Majima, Akiyama, Kiryu (he has been shown in teasers) along with oters and it release in Japan on November 21

Reactions: Pointandlaugh

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net

My guess is that Judgement still come to America, they might just make it so where we'll just get the dub at first, with the subbed Japanese audio getting patched in AFTER they replace Taki

GeorgeDaMoose

kiwifarms.net
Imagine giving that much of a shit over cocaine where you feel obligated to remove replace someones role in a fucking video game over it.
Japan is garbage.

Reactions: Piss

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
So I finally got all of the skills in Kiwami and I gotta say, the game actually letting you continue playing after getting the Tiger Drop instead of just rolling the credits feels like a formality.
This was me yesterday. I filled up my inventory with hp-recovery, ready to drop Nishiki, and.. Then I didn't use it once. That whole SWAT ordeal on the roof just went by in a heartbeat. I couldn't even get that many drops in on Nishiki, so.. I just kind of threw swats around, two-shot them with their own guns and bam, end? I watched a top 10 that said that that fight was the hardest in the series (outside meme encounters), but it didn't feel like that. I spent twice as long on the dancing gun man on the roof after that long chase sequence.

Anyway. Yeah, post-game there's not much to do in Kiwami. In 0 you get the estate business so late that I barely had any points invested in skills or even 1/5 of estate finished. In kiwami I was fully (outside dragon) leveled and at 9999 xp at the end. Dealing with Haruka sucks cus of all the board game shit. I really don't want to 100% Kiwami over 0, yet it feels far more polished.

Do I wait 12 years for all the remasters or buy a ps4?

Mammal Pod

Pi is equal to 3.2546373698888...
kiwifarms.net
This was me yesterday. I filled up my inventory with hp-recovery, ready to drop Nishiki, and.. Then I didn't use it once. That whole SWAT ordeal on the roof just went by in a heartbeat. I couldn't even get that many drops in on Nishiki, so.. I just kind of threw swats around, two-shot them with their own guns and bam, end? I watched a top 10 that said that that fight was the hardest in the series (outside meme encounters), but it didn't feel like that. I spent twice as long on the dancing gun man on the roof after that long chase sequence.

Anyway. Yeah, post-game there's not much to do in Kiwami. In 0 you get the estate business so late that I barely had any points invested in skills or even 1/5 of estate finished. In kiwami I was fully (outside dragon) leveled and at 9999 xp at the end. Dealing with Haruka sucks cus of all the board game shit. I really don't want to 100% Kiwami over 0, yet it feels far more polished.

Do I wait 12 years for all the remasters or buy a ps4?
Wait, are you referring to Jingu or Nishiki? People say Jingu is the hardest because you're getting shot and stabbed and staggered by three enemies at once. Nishiki comes after that and tbh I found him pretty easy even without the Tiger Drop. It's possibly the fairest boss fight in the game because there's no outnumbering or knives or other nonsense but its just a 1-on-1 fist fight.
And yeah post-game is pretty empty. It's pretty much only there for Haruka's Requests and wrapping up your Completion Log/Substories.
And if you are going to buy a PS4 for Yakuza get a Pro. 6 and Kiwami 2 have pretty awful sub-30 framerates in the regular PS4.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Jingu did fuck all to me. Like, he ran away pointing his gun at me but never shot. I almost thought it was a bug, but I still wore blade/gun armor and didn't use a single restoration throughout, so.. Dunno. Again, dancing gun man both shot at me, dodged into shots, and dodged 9/10 hits. He was by far the 'hardest' of the game to me.

I booted up 0 but it instantly broke my audio drivers for the n'th time, so guess I'll throw it on the cooler til Kiwami 2 or a PS4.

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Any opinions on Fist of the North Star? Picked it up the other day but haven't started it yet. Not familiar with the universe, but it seems to pretty well be Yakuza with a different skin. This one seemed to come and go pretty quietly. Hardly saw anyone talk about this one after release.

GethN7

Cute doggo is cute
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any opinions on Fist of the North Star? Picked it up the other day but haven't started it yet. Not familiar with the universe, but it seems to pretty well be Yakuza with a different skin. This one seemed to come and go pretty quietly. Hardly saw anyone talk about this one after release.
Basically FOTNS is a post apocalyptic story of a dude kicking ass across the wasteland with his bare hands to rescue his girl.

The game is an adaptation of an arc of the manga where Kenshiro found a relatively decent remnant of civilization (compared to the rest of the wasteland) and the game basically adapts the mechanics of the Yakuza series to the plot, which is not all that hard to do, the two franchises share enough similar elements it's a fairly logical semi-crossover.

It's well regarded by both FOTNS fans for being rather accurate to the universe and Yakuza fans for remaining true to the gameplay they expect, but a warning for you:

No fast travel options like in the Yakuza games, but given it's post apocalypse, makes sense, but it will still annoy you if liked using taxis to zip around places in the Yakuza series.

OhGoy

there's a rage within this vessel
kiwifarms.net
are there any fans out there making a translation of yakuza ishin?

i doubt we'll ever see an official translation and constantly looking at a guide to figure out what's going on sounds really annoying... so you know

if there are any crazy dudes out there who are working on an unofficial translation somewhere on the internet, that'd be rad to know

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino