The Yakuza Series - Japan Simulator

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
are there any fans out there making a translation of yakuza ishin?

i doubt we'll ever see an official translation and constantly looking at a guide to figure out what's going on sounds really annoying... so you know

if there are any crazy dudes out there who are working on an unofficial translation somewhere on the internet, that'd be rad to know
Check these dudes out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/bc6w4a/you_have_been_patiently_waiting_so_here_it_is_the/

• Informative
Reactions: Pointandlaugh

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Surprised nobody's posted about Kiwami 2's upcoming PC port.

Or about the update to Hamura.

Also, they're considering porting Judgment to other platforms, including PC.

I'm hyped for Kiwami 2 at 60fps, and hoping they do come through with a Judgment port to PC.
I am so beyond happy that Sega is porting their Yakuza games to the PC. Being able to play these games since I don't have PS4 has been amazing. And Judgement should get a PC port as well as long the Yakuza series sells well. Once they have that audience locked in, there would be no reason not to capitalize on it.

Wonder if they’ll do 0 and K1 on Switch
Yakuza on the go sounds good to me

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
I preordered Judgment a few days ago. I haven’t watched any trailers and know nothing about it besides the actor cocaine controversy, but I’m sure it’ll be fine. Yakuza studio hasn’t let me down.

Right now I’m making my way through Kiwami 2. I’ve made it a point moving forward not to move on to another game without fighting each game’s Amon fight. Honestly, it’s taking forever, and I still have to play my copy of Lost Paradise. I have a feeling it’s going to be a while before I actually play Judgment.

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Late on posting in this thread, but I've been playing some of Kiwami 2 on PC. On my rig, it's running at 1080p on max settings at 60fps consistently, with the framerate locked into that setting. Unlocked, it hits over 100fps most of the time, with occasional dips.

I'm curious as to how Kiwami 2 on PC performs for others in the thread, as I've heard varied reports on how it runs (as was the case with 0, which ran at 144fps easy on my rig)

Also, holding off on Judgment myself for potential updates on ports.

https://nichegamer.com/2019/04/06/sega-considering-a-pc-port-for-judgment/

We’ve learned Sega is seriously considering non-PlayStation ports for their latest big title, Judgment.

The news comes via an interview with game producer Kazuki Hosokawa (via IGN Japan), where the Sega boss talked up the possibility of porting Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios’ latest game to platforms other than PS4.

“I think the barriers have been lowered by putting [Yakuza] on Steam,” Hosokawa noted. “Currently, other platforms for Judge Eyes have not been decided yet, but it is being considered as one of the options. We are evaluating the possibilities of not just Steam but also other platforms.”

Recently, the actor for one of the characters in the game, Pierre Taki, was arrested, forcing Sega to halt sales of the game in Japan and recast him. The western PlayStation 4 release for Judgment is still on track for June 25th in the Americas and Europe.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Late on posting in this thread, but I've been playing some of Kiwami 2 on PC. On my rig, it's running at 1080p on max settings at 60fps consistently, with the framerate locked into that setting. Unlocked, it hits over 100fps most of the time, with occasional dips.

I'm curious as to how Kiwami 2 on PC performs for others in the thread, as I've heard varied reports on how it runs (as was the case with 0, which ran at 144fps easy on my rig)
Curiously enough, despite the fact my PC should not be able to run it at absolute max settings (it's somewhat under max requirements), I've noted no framerate issues even with most settings on High, and it overall tends to run quite smoothly.

• Informative
Reactions: Pointandlaugh
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
I kinda wanna buy judgement secondhand after hearing this shit. The Japanese track’s subs are mostly fortunately unchanged, but them doing this to the english dub track feels a bit disrespectful to RGG Studios https://archive.fo/m8Qln

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
How is 3, 4, and 5? I loved Kaoru so I'm sad he probably doesn't get a new love interest (?)

What areas are in each game besides Kamorocho

I heard about the DDR in Y5...

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
I'm not incredibly into these games but I liked 0 and 2 when I played them. Seems like they're going for a much different game though with 7, as this time its going to be a turn based RPG. The April Fools video they put out for "Yakuza Online" a while back was actually a real trailer for the gameplay of 7.

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How is 3, 4, and 5? I loved Kaoru so I'm sad he probably doesn't get a new love interest (?)

What areas are in each game besides Kamorocho

I heard about the DDR in Y5...
3 also has Downtown Ryukyu.

4 only features Kamurocho, but expands upon exploration via rooftops and sewers.

5 brings back Sotenbori (where Haruka and Akiyama's story takes place), while also adding Nagasugai (Kiryu), Tsukimino (Saejima), and Kineicho (Shinada).

Is it going to be all three games in one disc?
3 and 4 on one disc, 5 gets its own disc.

the autist of dojima

Me? Im already half shitpost
kiwifarms.net
Surely next year will be our year kurohyou bros....
Ryu ga gotoku studios surely wouldnt doom tatsuya to the american realm...right? Right?

• Optimistic
Reactions: soryu
Tags
None