The Young Turks / Secular Talk / Cenk Uygur, Anna Kasparian & Friends - News show hosted by a fat genocide-denier & cast of assorted fun characters.

Flexo

Drunk posting normal. Beware sober posting.
kiwifarms.net
They really should. The whole bullshit of NCAA coaches making millions of dollars while the actual athletes don't make shit is pretty much bullshit. It invites the culture of hidden bribery and corruption where they actually do get paid, sneakily, under the table, with the occasional scandal about it. It's exploitative for these universities to make so much from student athletes and give back so little. Just make it legal to pay them and drop that bullshit, which has no real ethical basis except some imaginary dedication to "amateur" athletics which nobody believes anyway.

And quit shamelessly screwing them out of an education by letting them get away with GPA murder for shitty academic work. Hold them to the same academic standards as any other student, or just let them go pro.

College athletics is fucked up on so many levels that it really seems impossible to un-fuck. They expect professional level sports performance, and in return, give them a bogus degree that isn't useful if, as the vast majority of them do, they do NOT go pro, because you really can't be all-star athletic and all-star academic at the same time, unless you are some incredibly rare Renaissance man type.

At the same time, fuck Colin Kaepernick specifically. Nobody has anything to apologize to that motherfucker about.
Not arguing with the spirit of your statement, but I am curious how in the world scholarships don't count as payment.

I mean if it costs $X to attend example university, and they tell an athlete, "come play for us, and you can attend here" then that's at least a barter system yes? The athlete is getting a paycheck of essentially $X.

Again, not defending the system, but I can just see how things are going to go over when other students going to said college learn that the sportsball guys are not only going there for free, but making MORE money on top of that.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Not arguing with the spirit of your statement, but I am curious how in the world scholarships don't count as payment.

I mean if it costs $X to attend example university, and they tell an athlete, "come play for us, and you can attend here" then that's at least a barter system yes? The athlete is getting a paycheck of essentially $X.
They do, sort of, and shit like this is why you can't even write about this shit sincerely without waffling back and forth. I actually intended that to just be a fuck Colin Kaepernick post and then had to explain and re-explain myself to get anywhere near to what I actually wanted to say.

They may get a scholarship, but they don't actually get the real education of that specific college, even if they get a degree that comes from it. They get forced into shitty substandard courses that even an athlete can pass, because it's way more important that they wreck their bodies (and brains from repeated trauma) than that they actually get an education.

Meanwhile their coach is probably a multi-millionaire but they don't get shit beyond that. And everyone knows their degrees aren't real.

They should at least get paid and get degrees that at least involve getting educated on how to use the money they get paid in their young years as athletes to live the rest of their lives when (as the vast majority of them end up) they don't go pro, and for that matter, if they do go pro, how to plan the rest of their lives after their knee blows out or they end up with brain damage.

It's just pretty repulsive to treat these young athletes like they're basically just entertaining animals who get to destroy their bodies and brains and get nothing in return for it unless they go on to become multimillionaires, which most of them don't.

Wait, why am I writing this? Oh, yeah, fuck Colin Kaepernick.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
I know jack all about football and am mostly going off of memory of what more knowledge people said back when it was more relevant, but if I'm remembering right, Kaepernick not getting signed had as much to do with his athletic abilities as the political stuff. I think it was something like he did have a decent running game, but that was more or less all he had going for him. It didn't really matter much because people would rather sign someone with a good passing game. He was also apparently a drag to be around in the locker room/not a good team player, which seems pretty believable. I think he also had a not so great fumble or pass interception record too. So, basically he was pretty good in one area, but it wasn't a particularly important one/not something you'd really base your offense around. I think his numbers were also starting to drop off a few years into his career. Today, even if someone was looking for a really good runner, I imagine they'd prioritize someone younger over Kaepernick.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
They really should. The whole bullshit of NCAA coaches making millions of dollars while the actual athletes don't make shit is pretty much bullshit. It invites the culture of hidden bribery and corruption where they actually do get paid, sneakily, under the table, with the occasional scandal about it. It's exploitative for these universities to make so much from student athletes and give back so little. Just make it legal to pay them and drop that bullshit, which has no real ethical basis except some imaginary dedication to "amateur" athletics which nobody believes anyway.

And quit shamelessly screwing them out of an education by letting them get away with GPA murder for shitty academic work. Hold them to the same academic standards as any other student, or just let them go pro.

College athletics is fucked up on so many levels that it really seems impossible to un-fuck. They expect professional level sports performance, and in return, give them a bogus degree that isn't useful if, as the vast majority of them do, they do NOT go pro, because you really can't be all-star athletic and all-star academic at the same time, unless you are some incredibly rare Renaissance man type.

At the same time, fuck Colin Kaepernick specifically. Nobody has anything to apologize to that motherfucker about.
I find it interesting while everyone was shitting on the NFL for having players kneeling during the anthem or after it. The NBA has rules that players must stand up for it and Adam Silver defended that rule. I am surprised no NBA player even kneeled including lebron James.

But on a bigger note, why are we playing that national anthem during a domestic game and keep in mind the NFL was charging the dod for all those military flyovers. If it's for patriotic reasons then it's been a failure looking at what has happened to the country for the last two weeks after one black man got his neck stomped.

DavieJones714

i read it for the articles
kiwifarms.net
Legit surprised this thread is not bigger based only on the amount of bullshit Jimmy Dore says. Like i am supposed to believe that corporate news loves the hong kong riots and yet hate the american ones when i have litetally seen the inverse. I did get a chuckle out of that.

And that is significantly less than TYT.

And considering how radical they seem - were Lyle/Cenk too radical for Justice Dems or not radical enough.
Cenk and Dave Koller were called out and basically kicked out of JD for past statements and blog posts made when they were Republicans. Pretty much their explanation. (don't shoot the messenger} Super fast search, here are the links to GatewayPundit's take and maybe a less biased article from HuffPost.
Gateway article
Huffpost article
Kyle, as a founder of JD, left with them because he opposed removing them from JDs.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
I know jack all about football and am mostly going off of memory of what more knowledge people said back when it was more relevant, but if I'm remembering right, Kaepernick not getting signed had as much to do with his athletic abilities as the political stuff. I think it was something like he did have a decent running game, but that was more or less all he had going for him. It didn't really matter much because people would rather sign someone with a good passing game. He was also apparently a drag to be around in the locker room/not a good team player, which seems pretty believable. I think he also had a not so great fumble or pass interception record too. So, basically he was pretty good in one area, but it wasn't a particularly important one/not something you'd really base your offense around. I think his numbers were also starting to drop off a few years into his career. Today, even if someone was looking for a really good runner, I imagine they'd prioritize someone younger over Kaepernick.
Kaepernick was very promising in his rookie year, and nearly won a Super Bowl, but his pass accuracy was not good, his judgement led to way too many interceptions, and he couldn’t mentally cope with the stress of being the starting quarterback for a team where his predecessors were Joe Montana and Steve Young, two of the greatest of all time.

His protest was just a way to keep his name in the news after losing his starting job because he just wasn’t up to the challenge of being 49ers QB. He thought his media buzz would secure him another starting gig, and he was wrong. He refused publicly to take a backup position anywhere, but had already proved that was all he was good for. His jersey is the only one I own that I’m embarrassed to wear.

ωσкє вℓυє мυѕℓιм qυєєη

Remember, remember the 11th of September
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kaepernick was very promising in his rookie year, and nearly won a Super Bowl, but his pass accuracy was not good, his judgement led to way too many interceptions, and he couldn’t mentally cope with the stress of being the starting quarterback for a team where his predecessors were Joe Montana and Steve Young, two of the greatest of all time.

His protest was just a way to keep his name in the news after losing his starting job because he just wasn’t up to the challenge of being 49ers QB. He thought his media buzz would secure him another starting gig, and he was wrong. He refused publicly to take a backup position anywhere, but had already proved that was all he was good for. His jersey is the only one I own that I’m embarrassed to wear.
The 49ers of that age were a travesty from the very core and getting rid of Kaepernick was just getting rid of one tumor. He was more of a distraction than anything and it didn't help that he struggled to adapt to the coaching changes, which again, where a consequence of horrible descisions which explains why outside of Jim Harbaugh's and Kyle Shanahan's tenures the team has been a fucking joke. Consider that Alex Smith was considered a bust until Harbaugh transformed him into a very respected quarterback and game manager. As pointed by UrinatingTree before, Jed York (team president) is one of the biggest lolcows in sports.
If you want to give shit on Kaepernick and also rub it on Chunk's face allow me to take you back to 2019, back when the NFL held a tryout for him which was going to be attended by scouts of several teams and prove once and for all if he really was pro material. Kaepernick decided last minute he didn't want to play in the facilities selected by the NFL and scrapped both the receiving core and media he was granted and instead moved the whole thing fiveteen minutes away with his own people and camera crew, scrapping most of the good will he had garnered and pissing off the opportunity to play again. Since he has not even tried to unite spring leagues or the CFL and his biggest contribution to football lore is kneeling, thing which Tim Tebow (another unstable football what if) was also known for, although for completely different reasons. No player is worth the media circus and much less when he isn't even putting the numbers.

Last edited:

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
The 49ers of that age were a travesty from the very core and getting rid of Kaepernick was just getting rid of one tumor. He was more of a distraction than anything and it didn't help that he struggled to adapt to the coaching changes, which again, where a consequence of horrible descisions which explains why outside of Jim Harbaugh's and Kyle Shanahan's tenures the team has been a fucking joke. Consider that Alex Smith was considered a bust until Harbaugh transformed him into a very respected quarterback and game manager. As pointed by UrinatingTree before, Jed York (team president) is one of the biggest lolcows in sports.
If you want to give shit on Kaepernick and also rub it on Chunk's face allow me to take you back to 2019, back when the NFL held a tryout for him which was going to be attended by scouts of several teams and prove once and for all if he really was pro material. Kaepernick decided last minute he didn't want to play in the facilities selected by the NFL and scrapped both the receiving core and media he was granted and instead moved the whole thing fiveteen minutes away with his own people and camera crew, scrapping most of the good will he had garnered and pissing off the opportunity to play again. Since he has not even tried to unite spring leagues or the CFL and his biggest contribution to football lore is kneeling, thing which Tim Tebow (another unstable football what if) was also known for, although for completely different reasons. No player is worth the media circus and much less when he isn't even putting the numbers.
Kaepernick was approached about possibly playing for the XFL, but nothing came of it because his salary demand was literally the entire league’s payroll twice over.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
If you want to give shit on Kaepernick and also rub it on Chunk's face allow me to take you back to 2019, back when the NFL held a tryout for him which was going to be attended by scouts of several teams and prove once and for all if he really was pro material. Kaepernick decided last minute he didn't want to play in the facilities selected by the NFL and scrapped both the receiving core and media he was granted and instead moved the whole thing fiveteen minutes away with his own people and camera crew, scrapping most of the good will he had garnered and pissing off the opportunity to play again.
Stephen A. Smith dragged him for that.

ωσкє вℓυє мυѕℓιм qυєєη

Remember, remember the 11th of September
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Friendly reminder that Kaepernick:
1. Is too light skinned.
2. Only grew and afro after he started dating Nessa (a lolcow on her own right).
3. He was adopted by a rich white family from Wisconsin.

Truly the champion the black community needs in these trying times.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Cenk's car accident story has my literally questioning if he's a legitimate special needs case.
If Cenk came out as retarded, that might be the best course of action for him. People would feel sorry for him rather than mock him endlessly.

That's the part of the story of Kap that people overlook. After the Nike deal, he made a SHIT TON of money off of his "activism" and has probably learned that he can make more doing this instead of playing.

Also, didn't his whole kneeling thing begin the season after he got benched and made the number 2 QB? Nobody thought anything of him being benched initially because he straight up was not playing well, but then all this happened and ALL OF A SUDDEN, he gets sympathy and Kap needs to play!

Its bogus and reeks of horse manure.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I know jack all about football and am mostly going off of memory of what more knowledge people said back when it was more relevant, but if I'm remembering right, Kaepernick not getting signed had as much to do with his athletic abilities as the political stuff.
The lesson here is if you're going to make a spectacle of yourself by publicly being an utter cunt or otherwise attracting attention for any reason but your actual playing abilities, try not being mediocre because you have to be really, really good to get away with that bullshit.

heyitsmike

kiwifarms.net
So I've heard Kyle Kulinski so many times, like in the video below, say that Trump increased drone strikes 432%. Has anyone actually ever heard him say what he's comparing? Like up 432% compared to George W. Bush? So what? Drones were new. There weren't that many and we didn't use them that much by the time he left office in early 2009.

It's like saying MLB injuries under Trump have gone up 200%. Up since when? Because if you tell me since the Teddy Roosevelt administration I'm not gonna be impressed because there were a lot fewer teams back then.

So what time periods is he comparing?

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
So I've heard Kyle Kulinski so many times, like in the video below, say that Trump increased drone strikes 432%. Has anyone actually ever heard him say what he's comparing? Like up 432% compared to George W. Bush? So what? Drones were new. There weren't that many and we didn't use them that much by the time he left office in early 2009.

It's like saying MLB injuries under Trump have gone up 200%. Up since when? Because if you tell me since the Teddy Roosevelt administration I'm not gonna be impressed because there were a lot fewer teams back then.

So what time periods is he comparing?
Probably Obama since Bush was more into conventional tactics.

The only good video he has had recently was talking about how the KAGA slogan is dumb and looks like Trump is going to scrap it from what Brietbart said.

The man was all in for Bernie and I think Bernie's betrayal will turn him into a lolcow.

heyitsmike

kiwifarms.net
Probably Obama since Bush was more into conventional tactics.

The only good video he has had recently was talking about how the KAGA slogan is dumb and looks like Trump is going to scrap it from what Brietbart said.

The man was all in for Bernie and I think Bernie's betrayal will turn him into a lolcow.
I don't know why I didn't just do this earlier, but I googled 'Kyle Kulinski drone strikes 432%.' You know when my first hit was from? March 13, 2017. He's been trotting out that same statistic for over three years without seeing if it still holds true. I guarantee you it doesn't.

The way he calculated it was drone strikes approved per day under Obama compared to Trump. But comparing the entirety of Obama to the beginning of Trump, when obviously a new president wants to come in and take control of situations overseas that he feels are out of control is disingenuous.

And he didn't compare even one year of Trump to eight years of Obama. He took an unrepresentative initial *7* week period and compared it to all of Obama's 416 weeks. He's been reporting that data for far longer than the period in which the data was compared!

What a hack this clown is.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
Here are some associates of The Yuck Turds
Mike Figueredo who runs the podcast Titled “the Humanist Report” and was previously on kiwi farms last year for defending the lispy terrorist supporter and soy boi with no thick skin Carlos Maza and he is also a communist and is buddy buddy with Kyle Kulinski
The other is Krystal Ball yes that is her name and she runs the Show called “Rising” on the Hill she wants temporary permanent communism and the work force to rise up she is also a communist

Last edited: