Manosphere Theodore "Teddy" Beale / Vox Day / Vox Popoli / Teddy Spaghetti - pretentious self-imporant Ultra-Right Science Fiction writer and publisher, jealous of Jordan Peterson.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
I want Trump to win, but at least if he doesn't we can watch Teddy go into DFE with all the garbage he's been posting for the past few months. His blog, his playpen, I guess, but the place has devolved from echo chamber to full on circle jerk lately. NGL I agree with most of what he says, but his blog is just boring nowadays.

Besachf Jhakut

Irredeemable Deplorable
kiwifarms.net
Goatskin bound garbage?

An off topic posting in Ignore the Fake Polls:

Goatskin-Bound-Garbage.jpg

I thought the one thing VD was supposed to be good at is words, including publishing books, the above is by his favorite SF author. He's credited as being the editor, maybe this helps explain why Castalia House had to pivot away from publishing new books "unless they could become part of a multimedia franchise." I do specifically remember Wright keeping one of his newer series in his own hands, hard to believe he'd be happy with such wretched editing that still hasn't been fixed six years later. Could be part of VD's studied inability to follow through on so many of his projects, for example instead of the gamification and alternate views promised, Infogalactic is still a fork of Wikipedia, now almost five years stake with about ten edits a day by a set of editors scarcely larger.

Last edited:

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Goatskin bound garbage?

View attachment 1684672

I thought the one thing VD was supposed to be good at is words, including publishing books, the above is by his favorite SF author. He's credited as being the editor, maybe this helps explain why Castalia House had to pivot away from publishing new books "unless they could become part of a multimedia franchise." I do specifically remember Wright keeping one of his newer series in his own hands, hard to believe he'd be happy with such wretched editing that still hasn't been fixed six years later. Could be part of VD's studied inability to follow through on so many of his projects, instead of the gamification and alternate views promised, Infogalactic is still stale fork of Wikipedia now almost five years old with about ten edits a day by a set of editors scarcely larger.
Confession: I've read that John C. 'beat the gays with a tire iron' Wright collection, and it's fan-fiction tier drek. Some of the contents actually first appeared on a fan-fiction website. My mind boggles that anyone would part with 150 dollars for this, and that goats died had to die for it. A better bet would have been to issue the novel it's based on, which is public domain and not total garbage.

Reactions: The Dark Load

Flexo

The greatest robot lover of all time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Confession: I've read that John C. 'beat the gays with a tire iron' Wright collection, and it's fan-fiction tier drek. Some of the contents actually first appeared on a fan-fiction website. My mind boggles that anyone would part with 150 dollars for this, and that goats died had to die for it. A better bet would have been to issue the novel it's based on, which is public domain and not total garbage.
Have you visited the Chuck wendig thread? Fan fiction drek is way, WAY lower than you're estimating.

• Feels
Reactions: Elwood P. Dowd

Ima Spedonym2

Totally not a conspirator
kiwifarms.net
Goatskin bound garbage?

View attachment 1684672

I thought the one thing VD was supposed to be good at is words, including publishing books, the above is by his favorite SF author. He's credited as being the editor, maybe this helps explain why Castalia House had to pivot away from publishing new books "unless they could become part of a multimedia franchise." I do specifically remember Wright keeping one of his newer series in his own hands, hard to believe he'd be happy with such wretched editing that still hasn't been fixed six years later. Could be part of VD's studied inability to follow through on so many of his projects, for example instead of the gamification and alternate views promised, Infogalactic is still a stale fork of Wikipedia, now almost five years old with about ten edits a day by a set of editors scarcely larger.
Teddy heard the maxim "Underpromise and overdeliver", but got it all backwards. That's why his entire life is a trail of half-finished projects.

Besachf Jhakut

Irredeemable Deplorable
kiwifarms.net
So much so wrong in one topic:

You already policed my speech, Jack:

VD-Section-240-01.jpg

[Unquoted blather from Dorsey, or the homeless man he hired to speak in his place.]
VD-Section-240-02.jpg

VD also doesn't believe in free speech. But not everyone is buying the party line:
VD-Section-240-03.jpg

Which results in this display of brilliance and pique, and as far as I know Social"Galactic" is still a tiny, invitation only platform, even more pathetic than five years stale InfoGalactic:
VD-Section-240-04.jpg

Some reasoning is demanded, and this is what we get:
VD-Section-240-05.jpg

Again, VD does not believe in free speech, but he's also taken himself out of this game, he lives in Italy until he has to go back, he runs his servers in Germany now (but by a subsidariy of GoDaddy, the single most censorious domain name registrar, putting him at the level of Torba's initial incompetence), the annihilation of competing Dissident Right platforms in the US is probably just dandy by him. He's certainly moved from his prior position of "I'm suing Gab for their own good."

Ima Spedonym2

kiwifarms.net
Some reasoning is demanded, and this is what we get:
View attachment 1694950
Again, VD does not believe in free speech, but he's also taken himself out of this game, he lives in Italy until he has to go back, he runs his servers in Germany now (but by a subsidariy of GoDaddy, the single most censorious domain name registrar, putting him at the level of Torba's initial incompetence), the annihilation of competing Dissident Right platforms in the US is probably just dandy by him. He's certainly moved from his prior position of "I'm suing Gab for their own good."
As though one of the first casualties of Sec 230 going away wouldn't be "Holocaust Denier" blogs on Google's Blogspot service. That's some galaxy-brained planning, Ted.

Maybe he thinks all those store bought page views will save him?

Besachf Jhakut

Irredeemable Deplorable
kiwifarms.net
As though one of the first casualties of Sec 230 going away wouldn't be "Holocaust Denier" blogs on Google's Blogspot service. That's some galaxy-brained planning, Ted.
He believes he has a major hold over Google. He's stated this many times before, and the latest I've noted is four days old:

Over the target

00-VD-Google-01.jpg

00-VD-Google-02.jpg

He also has contingency plans if he does get purged by the Goolag. See above for flexibility in jurisdictions where Section 230 doesn't apply, and his publishing house's mailing list to alert people who aren't already consuming content from other venues.

Maybe he thinks all those store bought page views will save him?
He's still interesting enough, and the discussions following his posts even under their tight constraints the same, that his claims of pageviews are credible. He's an absolutely infuriating mix of good with the bad we rag on, and as I noted long ago, fundamentally dishonest, but if you're in the Dissident Right I find good and useful stuff there I haven't found elsewhere. He remains one of the best thinkers in our intellectual and cultural circle who still post regularly, like Heartiste (now on Gab after Wordpress canceled his blog), Jim of Jim's Blog, and Brad "Hunter Wallace" Griffin. Rather like Jim, who doesn't care about getting the specific facts right at all, but is very good with the big themes.

And with the Deep State and their paramilitary Antifa/BLM/RevCom wing's inability to stop talking about and implementing a trifecta of Color, Cultural, and Communist revolutions in the US, in the context of by numbers the greatest invasion in human history, with more and more of us realizing Civil War 2.0 is looking to be more and more likely, these people are indispensable if, you know, you're not on the side of the shitlibs.

• Feels
Reactions: Flexo

Flexo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hear a common feature of cult leaders is an assertation of being right instead of arguing how they are as well as a displeasure with being challenged...

In many religious cults, followers are told that the leader or founder is always right. Those who ask questions, stir up any potential dissent, or behave in any way that puts their loyalty into question are often punished. Often, even those outside the cult who cause problems for leaders can be victimized, and in some cases, the retribution is deadly.

The cult leader often believes him or herself to be special or even godlike in some way. According to Joe Navarro of Psychology Today, many cult leaders throughout history possess "an over-abundant belief that they and they alone had the answers to problems, and that they had to be revered."

Besachf Jhakut

Irredeemable Deplorable
kiwifarms.net
Those who ask questions, stir up any potential dissent, or behave in any way that puts their loyalty into question are often punished....

The cult leader often believes him or herself to be special or even godlike in some way. According to Joe Navarro of Psychology Today, many cult leaders throughout history possess "an over-abundant belief that they and they alone had the answers to problems, and that they had to be revered."

For better or worse, VD is only halfway there. "Punished" usually means harsh words, or even being called a gamma to "win" an argument. And of course crossing various lines will get one banned from the comments section, but you can go hammer and tongs with him in an argument and not suffer that fate, as I've done on several topics.

Believing you're "Special" is certainly nothing special today! Although I'm not sure about a born in 1968 Generation Xer like VD, I'm somewhat older and from a much less progressive area, there were glimmerings of the "everyone's special" meme, but it hadn't yet really become a thing. Holding himself to be godlike, there are some tinges of that, but he does really seem to have a SD3+ IQ, and as someone else at that level, but STEM instead of words, when you can think and do things normies can't even contemplate, well, we could all use a dose of humility I'm sure. The sin of pride is always a danger.

He definitely fails the "they and they alone had the answers", praises quite a few people living and dead (for the latter, chronologically Aristotle I think), even publishes books by some of them. And "had to be revered" gets back to the loyalty thing, he's more in the direction of demanding respect than reverence. But of course gets a lot of the latter, as any good thought leader should when his sorts of thoughts are in demand, which they are in an increasingly totalitarian age.

Which brings up a thought, are there any places on the earth that are not moving in authoratrian or totalitarian directions? That's very hard to judge with COVID-19, which legitimately demands unusual controls over people if you're not a sociopath; I suppose we'll know more once there are safe and effective vaccines and everyone who wants one has gotten one.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Flexo

Flexo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For better or worse, VD is only halfway there. "Punished" usually means harsh words, or even being called a gamma to "win" an argument. And of course crossing various lines will get one banned from the comments section, but you can go hammer and tongs with him in an argument and not suffer that fate, as I've done on several topics.

Believing you're "Special" is certainly nothing special today! Although I'm not sure about a born in 1968 Generation Xer like VD, I'm somewhat older and from a much less progressive area, there were glimmerings of the "everyone's special" meme, but it hadn't yet really become a thing. Holding himself to be godlike, there are some tinges of that, but he does really seem to have a SD3+ IQ, and as someone else at that level, but STEM instead of words, when you can think and do things normies can't even contemplate, well, we could all use a dose of humility I'm sure. The sin of pride is always a danger.

He definitely fails the "they and they alone had the answers", praises quite a few people living and dead (for the latter, chronologically Aristotle I think), even publishes books by some of them. And "had to be revered" gets back to the loyalty thing, he's more in the direction of demanding respect than reverence. But of course gets a lot of the latter, as any good thought leader should when his sorts of thoughts are in demand, which they are in an increasingly totalitarian age.

Which brings up a thought, are there any places on the earth that are not moving in authoratrian or totalitarian directions? That's very hard to judge with COVID-19, which legitimately demands unusual controls over people if you're not a sociopath; I suppose we'll know more once there are safe and effective vaccines and everyone who wants one has gotten one.
I'd maybe quibble between halfway or two-thirds. ;)

You are being autistic about they "they alone have answers" bit. Claiming people who cannot disagree with you have answers still works as long as you sell yourself as the only one correctly interpreting the target.

For example: As fond as Teddy likes to paint himself as a fan of the old writings, he should then be more than familiar with the plethora of stories of the simple and humble seeing things that the proud and wise overlooked. (And that's before you even get into the Bible.)

Yet he mocks anybody who doesn't see the same as he. Does that really sound like someone who has studied and grasped ancient wisdom?

Besachf Jhakut

Irredeemable Deplorable
kiwifarms.net
No comment has been allowed on VD's election megathread for the past hour or so. I cannot possibly think of any reason why.:roll:

There's a previously mentioned substantial gap between between when the last moderator on the US west coast goes to bed to when VD in Italy wakes up. And I doubt few if any of the stable of moderators are on their normal sleep and activity schedules, I certainly am not. One or more hour gaps in any moderation are also not uncome, people have lives outside the Internet after all. We also don't know what fuckery the totalitarian Tech Left might be escelating to now that it's Color Revolution time; the first time I tried to post this the Kiwi Farms server was down.

That said, how I define a "Trumpslide," i.e. a landslide on Election night, does not seem to have materialized. Before trying to get some more sleep, I've just now looked at top line results from non-MSM aggregators who of course largely have to depend on MSM reporting, and and I think everything is pretty much as was expected except for the McCain machine giving Arizona to the Democrats (11 electoral votes a desired outcome, and the loser of her last election for Senator McSally losing to Kelly, neither remarkable results). Having watched elections closely since 1972 (2nd largest landslide in history, only exceeded by 1984) when I was young but had become politically aware in the period after the 1968, this is not even vaguely a landslide, and not "beyond the margin of cheating" if you are on Team Red.

But it appears he can claim credit for his personal call of Florida and its methodology, although I don't know if this is another 2000 where Florida is called early for the Democrats to suppress its more conservative panhandle which is in US Central time unlike the rest in Eastern time. And no doubt his definition of "Trumpslide" will be slippery.

Last edited:

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
By the looks of it Biden is going to end up winning so exact definition of "Trumpslide" will be irrelevant.
Not sure where you're getting that; right now according to Associated Press, he will have to win in all 3 states of Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan just to hit 270 - all of which are less than 1% close - if Trump wins just by a margin in any 1 of those states, he'll win the election, and none the remaining few others which are leaning red are as close a margin as those 3 that I mentioned.

Besachf Jhakut

Irredeemable Deplorable
kiwifarms.net
Not sure where you're getting that; right now according to Associated Press, he will have to win in all 3 states of Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan just to hit 270 - all of which are less than 1% close - if Trump wins just by a margin in any 1 of those states, he'll win the election, and none the remaining few others which are leaning red are as close a margin as those 3 that I mentioned.

Ummm, the Keystone State Pennsylvania? Using the EV totals in 2016, Michigan has 16, Nevada 6, Wisconsin 10, and Pennsylvania 20. Wisconsin has been called for Biden, but so has Arizona, which last time I checked was in doubt, and don't forget the usual Florida shenanigans, the MSM is doing a lot of lying. Biden needs 22 by the map Bing produces as I type this based on AP data, so he needs no changes to the calls for him, and indeed in leaners for him both Michigan and Nevada will put him over the top. But the fraud is so blatant in Pennsylvania, see the AG's Tweets on the 31st for how high it goes, a lot of us on the right are expecting him to officially get it in due course, there's lots that can be done when several million mail in ballots are left to count. Then he only needs any one of the leaners for him or Trump, and even if there wasn't rampant cheating, in elections that aren't landslides, frequently there are states that surprise.

All that said, thanks for prompting me to take a look at the current scoreboard and the prospects based on current AP calls.

Last edited:

Besachf Jhakut

Irredeemable Deplorable
kiwifarms.net
In the context of a clip of accountant turned best selling author and then Sad Puppy Larry Correia detailing numerous red flags, VD makes a cogent argument there was a "Trumpslide" that's being erased before our eyes by cheating I do believe has never been seen on a scale like this in the USA (certainly not in the infmaous example of 1960, which should have started a response to stop it, nor in any Presidental election starting with 1972, the first I was just old enough to follow):

Fuckery is afoot

00-VD-stolen-Trumpslide.jpg

Ima Spedonym2

kiwifarms.net
In the context of a clip of accountant turned best selling author and then Sad Puppy Larry Correia detailing numerous red flags, VD makes a cogent argument there was a "Trumpslide" that's being erased before our eyes by cheating I do believe has never been seen on a scale like this in the USA (certainly not in the infmaous example of 1960, which should have started a response to stop it, nor in any Presidental election starting with 1972, the first I was just old enough to follow):

Fuckery is afoot

View attachment 1711777
I suppose that if your ego were deeply invested in something that didn't happen, you'd need to protect it by imagining that it really did.

The people with egg on their face here aren't the science fiction writers and tax refugees who dabble at political sperging on the side. It's okay if they're hilariously wrong.

The people who really look dumb are the forecasters, consultants, and pundits who get paid big money to predict these things who were calling for a "blue wave" and instead got a 50/50 squeaker that was basically 2016, just reversed.