Manosphere Theodore "Teddy" Beale / Vox Day / Vox Popoli / Teddy Spaghetti - pretentious self-imporant Ultra-Right Science Fiction writer and publisher, jealous of Jordan Peterson.

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
Amazon, from a book-selling point of view, is an absolutely orwellian nightmare. Look, go to a book store, pay cash for the book(s) you want, and if they don't have the book(s) you want go to another store and buy them there or ask them to order them. Don't fucking rely on a hard-left-wing managed, staffed and operated by people who have a baked-in-to-the-circuitry system of censoring what you can and can't read and for fuck's sake don't get your goddamn books "on kindle" where if they decide what you want to read is suddenly nicht gerwehr they're going to remove your ability to read it the minute you turn the fucking thing on! Hold an actual piece of paper in your hands, that you bought, with your money, you fools!

(Not you guys specifically, I mean)

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Can anyone give a rundown on what Vox and JF's debate is going to be about, using small words? It appears that it'll be about natural selection; does Vox not actually believe in it or find it irrelevant?

Elwood P. Dowd

I am the lizard king. I can do ... anything.
kiwifarms.net
Can anyone give a rundown on what Vox and JF's debate is going to be about, using small words?
The whole thing is going to be an exercise in autistic posturing and arguing in bad faith. Definitely on Vox's side, probably on his opponent's as well. I'm sure he's sharpening that 148/3 SD from the mean IQ into a mental shiv as I'm typing this.

It appears that it'll be about natural selection; does Vox not actually believe in it or find it irrelevant?
Vox thinks evolution is a plot by evil atheists to undermine Jesus. That it is pushed in school for political and not scientific reasons, that sort of thing.

I don't know that he has ever flat out said he is a Creationist, though. IIRC he presents himself as an "evolution skeptic" which nicely sidesteps the need to present any sort of alternate theory. Or even state what the heck it is you actually believe.

Least Concern

kiwifarms.net
Okay, thanks for that info. That's interesting because it seems like these alt-right types mostly embrace evolution/natural selection and twist its science to explain why white people are just so much better at everything than everyone else. If I have time, I might try to catch that stream out of morbid curiosity.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
Okay, thanks for that info. That's interesting because it seems like these alt-right types mostly embrace evolution/natural selection and twist its science to explain why white people are just so much better at everything than everyone else. If I have time, I might try to catch that stream out of morbid curiosity.
Well, like many other things, there are shades of gray. Ranging from here, where we're only alt-right because there's more morons on the left to laugh at, all the way to Mr. Monarchist Teddy Beale who insists the Enlightenment was a mistake (Sweet Jesus) and we need to discard democracy in favor of autocratic rule.

Vorhtbame

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
kiwifarms.net
Late, I know, but this right here got my attention as I was catching up.

When I first started hanging around VP, Vox was adamantly opposed to the idea of there being an "us" composed of his commenters/interlocutors. He openly disdained "joiners". We were called the Dread Ilk only because some nitwit once referred to us as "his ilk" and we thought it was funny, so we tacked on a "dread" and ran with it.

And as far as expectations of philosophy? As long as you argued in good faith and rolled with the punches, you could believe the sun was a grapefruit named Wanda and nobody cared.

There was no "one of us". There was just a mess of eccentric people yelling at clouds and each other--and this guy and this woman who kept slinging creative insults at one another as a form of weird friendship--and sometimes having serious discussions that were thought-provoking and informative. And if you couldn't handle it, well, nobody made you click the link.

Why am I recounting this? Because Vox saying that someone was "NOT part of this group" is so completely opposed to those memories. It makes me wonder if maybe he doesn't have some sort of brain cancer. Or maybe, like that guy from Little Green Footballs, he was just putting on a show back then and this is what he's always believed. Either way, it kind of makes me sad.

(But also grateful for KF. You guys remind me of the good old days.)

Vorhtbame

kiwifarms.net
Markku identified himself in the past as a Pentecostal. That might have changed based on the Pentecostals in Finland making major inroads with the refugee population and accomplishing a fair number of conversions.

Alpenwolf is the company that "publishes" First Sword, which I mentioned farther upthread was the combat-management Android game where you buy slaves and make them fight each other to the death so you can get richer. I use quotation marks because apparently, you can't buy the game from them anymore, or anything else for that matter. Their most recent project fizzled out in 2015 (Deadzone: Infestation). Technically, Alpenwolf has zero self-generated income.

Strangely enough, when I look for the name "Markku Koponen", I find quite a few results, all different men, from executives to students. Is the name essentially the "John Smith" of Finnish, perhaps?

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net

Vorhtbame

kiwifarms.net
Really disappointing when the people you used to think you knew, men you used to respect, turn out to be sassy little bitches. They're not addressing the issues at all, just ganging up and trying to deflect, deflect, deflect. Weak, so weak. In Markku's case, I'd be tempted to believe he's Vox's sockpuppet if I didn't know he was a separate person.

All of the respondents are former Ilk, now Minions (and how appropriate the change of name). Difster's blog, here, not updated since 2012. Salt's profile is, as always, private, and Mr. B.A.D.'s profile and blog are empty save for a picture of Samuel L. Jackson.

I wonder if Markku will ever get back to maintaining the Alpenwolf website, though.

Least Concern

kiwifarms.net
Okay, I'm watching the Vox vs JF video. I'm about to turn it off because it's inducing the type of existential boredom which only comes about when two self-appointed intellectuals debate, but the nut of Vox's argument seems to be that not enough time has passed between the coming about of, for example, chimpanzees and humans for the former to have become the latter merely through random genetic mutation, because it takes a minimum number of successful generations in order for a particular mutation to become dominant. I don't know enough about the science to say if that's a good argument or not.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
Okay, I'm watching the Vox vs JF video. I'm about to turn it off because it's inducing the type of existential boredom which only comes about when two self-appointed intellectuals debate, but the nut of Vox's argument seems to be that not enough time has passed between the coming about of, for example, chimpanzees and humans for the former to have become the latter merely through random genetic mutation, because it takes a minimum number of successful generations in order for a particular mutation to become dominant. I don't know enough about the science to say if that's a good argument or not.
It really isn't, because it ignores questions of population, punctuated equilibrium (where many changes in the "junk" DNA reach a critical mass that causes a major change in genetics), mutations that directly occur on dominant genomes, etc.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
Teddy has started alt-twitter aka a hug box social media paltfom which you must pay for https://voxday.blogspot.com/2019/02/introducing-socialgalactic.html?m=1
I'm in. Looks weirdly like counter.social. Are they running the same software? And if so, will the people running Mastodon or whomever it is behind this confusing mess of inter-related windows have a massive sperg out when they see Vox has set up his own alt-right club house using their software? :\ My sense is the Devs are very left. And very delicate hot house flowers.

Counter social interface:
counter-social.PNG
(signed up to keep an eye on ma boi Wil Wheaton)

Social Galactic interface:
social-galactic2.png
The removed bit is my avatar. Don't want them to ban me THAT quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: damian and Flexo

Vorhtbame

kiwifarms.net
I'm in. Looks weirdly like counter.social. Are they running the same software? And if so, will the people running Mastodon or whomever it is behind this confusing mess of inter-related windows have a massive sperg out when they see Vox has set up his own alt-right club house using their software? :\ My sense is the Devs are very left. And very delicate hot house flowers.

Counter social interface:
View attachment 661028
(signed up to keep an eye on ma boi Wil Wheaton)

Social Galactic interface:
View attachment 661029
The removed bit is my avatar. Don't want them to ban me THAT quickly.
That interface is a mess! They want us to pay for an eye-confusing, unappealing mess just because it's not Twitter? I mean, sure, Twitter's got its problems, but you can be right-wing and on it and even usually speak what you have in mind, and you can read it. And it's free, so you at least get what you paid for.

Just because you're offering an alternative to something, it doesn't mean you can skimp on quality.

Side thought: I wonder if Roosh is part of this project, just as he was the owner of Reaxxion.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
That interface is a mess! They want us to pay for an eye-confusing, unappealing mess just because it's not Twitter? I mean, sure, Twitter's got its problems, but you can be right-wing and on it and even usually speak what you have in mind, and you can read it. And it's free, so you at least get what you paid for.
Actually, the UI is surprisingly flexible. I messed around and got it to look like this. Fairly close to Twitter's.

social-galactic3.PNG

Not too shabby, way more flexible than either gab.com or counter.social's, surprisingly. (Or at any rate easy enough/intuitive enough to customize for an idiot like me, at any rate.) Obviously identifying info snipped out. I'll probably be banned, but I'll not make it easy for 'em.

edit: And I'm sure as hell not paying for anything.

• Informative
Reactions: Flexo and Vorhtbame

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino