Manosphere Theodore "Teddy" Beale / Vox Day / Vox Popoli / Teddy Spaghetti - pretentious self-imporant Ultra-Right Science Fiction writer and publisher, jealous of Jordan Peterson.

Flexo

Booze for every robot; a bullet for every human
kiwifarms.net
So this is VERY interesting...

Long story short, I had noticed a lot of Vox's authors seemed to be "jumping ship" so to speak. Been wondering what was up. Well apparently one of the authors explained:
1564540281355.png

I will acknowledge: good for Vox (or Markku, whichever) on being an apparently stand-up guy publishing-wise.

Not sure how much this change in business model or focus is going to work out, though. Could be entertaining in away they don't intend...

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
Long story short, I had noticed a lot of Vox's authors seemed to be "jumping ship" so to speak. Been wondering

Not sure how much this change in business model or focus is going to work out, though. Could be entertaining in away they don't intend...
Yes, especially "developing games". With the grand vision of Vox Day they can produce something better than Revolution 60 and Hot Dish! :)

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net

Long story short, I had noticed a lot of Vox's authors seemed to be "jumping ship" so to speak. Been wondering what was up. Well apparently one of the authors explained:
View attachment 867992

I will acknowledge: good for Vox (or Markku, whichever) on being an apparently stand-up guy publishing-wise.

The last thing Teddy would need is an ugly property-rights fight that would do nothing to improve Castalia's 'stable' and piss off a number of people he is presumably on good (or at least tolerable) terms with.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
I know we haven't heard from our RotC boys in awhile - mostly because they haven't bothered with Vox lately - but remember how Teddy loves to go on and on about pedos? Why no mention of the work these guys did? Is his pride more important than punishing evil?

Amya Spedonym

5G Virus Maintenance Tech
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 867992

LOL like so many in Vox's orbit, that guy's flirting with being a cow himself. Bonus points for him being an immigrant to the US, but I guess immigrating is okay if you're Vox or one of his orbiters.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
I know we haven't heard from our RotC boys in awhile - mostly because they haven't bothered with Vox lately - but remember how Teddy loves to go on and on about pedos? Why no mention of the work these guys did? Is his pride more important than punishing evil?
Of course it is. Everything he does is secondary to his ego.

Imagine some high profile right wing individual had publicly stated that Vox was a dick and not as smart as he thinks he is, and even *gasp* disagreed with him on some things came to him and now wanted to publish a book through him. Maybe this person was blacklisted everywhere else. Whatever. And let's say this person is mostly on the same page politically as Vox. Because of how high profile this person is, Vox publishing this book would rake him MAD publicity and make him considerable money. This would in turn raise Vox's profile to get his own ideas out to the public.

How long do you think it would take him to reject the guy and write a long, gloating blog post about how he turned down this gamma because he's such a sigma and all the gammas who think he's an idiot just don't understand?

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Of course it is. Everything he does is secondary to his ego.

Imagine some high profile right wing individual had publicly stated that Vox was a dick and not as smart as he thinks he is, and even *gasp* disagreed with him on some things came to him and now wanted to publish a book through him. Maybe this person was blacklisted everywhere else. Whatever. And let's say this person is mostly on the same page politically as Vox. Because of how high profile this person is, Vox publishing this book would rake him MAD publicity and make him considerable money. This would in turn raise Vox's profile to get his own ideas out to the public.

How long do you think it would take him to reject the guy and write a long, gloating blog post about how he turned down this gamma because he's such a sigma and all the gammas who think he's an idiot just don't understand?
Almost sounds like you have someone specific in mind.

Anyway, movie update.
Screenshot_20190801-104609.jpg

That first link goes to...
Which I think we looked at before but now it has more content.
Screenshot_20190801-104848.jpg

Oh hang on, I seem to have cut off the bottom of the page....
Screenshot_20190801-104916.jpg

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reclaiming the Blade was pretty good, a documentary on Western swords and swordsmanship. Because LOTR was still current, they interviewed some of the stars and John Rhys-Davies narrated. Galatia Films attempted to crowdfund a Part 2, but it didn't make it.

Note that Rebel's Run is not listed on the page I linked, by the way.

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
Almost sounds like you have someone specific in mind.
Not really, I've just noticed that Vox tends to rant about right wingers he's jealous of or who have bruised his ego more than he does left wingers these days.

There are definitely some people he's been associated with or attacked who check some of those boxes. Larry Correia, John Ringo, Jordan Peterson, all successful conservative authors Vox has a burr up his ass about. You know if one of them needed him to publish them for whatever reason, he would reject them and revel in it.

I added the caveat that it was someone with very similar beliefs to Vox's own though because I wanted to eliminate the excuse that publishing their work would "go against his values" or whatever. Because I really do get the sense it's more about his ego than anything. Like, imagine if Black Pigeon Speaks told a joke about Vox in a video and then wanted to publish a book with him. I'm not sure if BPS even knows who Vox is, but they're close enough in political beliefs that Vox shouldn't really have any ideological grounds to object. If BPS hurt his pride though, I'm sure he would shoot pigeon man down and would come up with some rambling rant about he was right to do so because BPS is untrustworthy and bad.

Capsaicin Addict

kiwifarms.net
Not really, I've just noticed that Vox tends to rant about right wingers he's jealous of or who have bruised his ego more than he does left wingers these days.

There are definitely some people he's been associated with or attacked who check some of those boxes. Larry Correia, John Ringo, Jordan Peterson, all successful conservative authors Vox has a burr up his ass about. You know if one of them needed him to publish them for whatever reason, he would reject them and revel in it.

I added the caveat that it was someone with very similar beliefs to Vox's own though because I wanted to eliminate the excuse that publishing their work would "go against his values" or whatever. Because I really do get the sense it's more about his ego than anything. Like, imagine if Black Pigeon Speaks told a joke about Vox in a video and then wanted to publish a book with him. I'm not sure if BPS even knows who Vox is, but they're close enough in political beliefs that Vox shouldn't really have any ideological grounds to object. If BPS hurt his pride though, I'm sure he would shoot pigeon man down and would come up with some rambling rant about he was right to do so because BPS is untrustworthy and bad.
LOL. And I bet most of them barely pay him any attention at all. So Teddy is basically stuck trying to get senpai to notice him.

I imagine he considers Correia some kind of traitor for leaving the Sad Puppies/Rabid Puppies field, despite the fact that (a) it sells no books, and (b) Correia was busy with writing books.

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
LOL. And I bet most of them barely pay him any attention at all. So Teddy is basically stuck trying to get senpai to notice him.

I imagine he considers Correia some kind of traitor for leaving the Sad Puppies/Rabid Puppies field, despite the fact that (a) it sells no books, and (b) Correia was busy with writing books.
Didn't Correia and Ringo also distance themselves from Vox because he went full "muh ethnostate" alt-right? It certainly wasn't the best optics for the Sad Puppies cause, and probably not to associate with their careers either.

Vox Day's position on the ethnostate has always been kind of incoherent though. He's an expat living in Italy who wants to deport all the immigrants, including legal ones, and thinks Europe and North America are for white people but also claims to be part Cherokee/Hispanic. Is he just a huge hypocrite, or does he actually have enough complexity to his ideology to reconcile how he lives with what he preaches? Because following his own logic, he belongs in some country in South or Central America with the rest of the mestizos.

Anyway, Monster Hunter International is way better than A Throne of Bones. Stay mad, Teddy.

Capsaicin Addict

kiwifarms.net
Didn't Correia and Ringo also distance themselves from Vox because he went full "muh ethnostate" alt-right? It certainly wasn't the best optics for the Sad Puppies cause, and probably not to associate with their careers either.

Vox Day's position on the ethnostate has always been kind of incoherent though. He's an expat living in Italy who wants to deport all the immigrants, including legal ones, and thinks Europe and North America are for white people but also claims to be part Cherokee/Hispanic. Is he just a huge hypocrite, or does he actually have enough complexity to his ideology to reconcile how he lives with what he preaches? Because following his own logic, he belongs in some country in South or Central America with the rest of the mestizos.

Anyway, Monster Hunter International is way better than A Throne of Bones. Stay mad, Teddy.
Probably. Teddy's ethnostate sperging is such an embarrassment, I suspect other conservative/libertarian authors avoid him on principle. It's like having a friend who keeps ranting about the niggers, 24/7. Even if you agree with him, after a while you want him to just shut the fuck up.

Then you get into Teddy's frankly medieval views about women, his contempt for the American Bill of Rights, and his moon-landing hoax conspiracy crap, and it's easy to just... walk away from him.

(I can't help but grin at how John Ringo's Black Tide series must've infuriated Teddy, considering one of the protagonists is a thirteen year old girl with a knack for zombie killing.)

Dafuqisdis?

kiwifarms.net
wait a minute... They raised over $800K in one month??? How?

View attachment 870708
He didn't. That crowdfunding link went up with the "raised to date" total already at $750,000. And the campaign didn't start on July 2, Vox first linked to that fake crowdfunding crap on his blog on July 15th (Vox claimed that Rebel's Run was deplatformed by Wefunder but there's no evidence for that.)

It's an old scammers trick that Vox uses a lot. Manufacture an air of success so people will want to jump aboard. He does have a core group of retarded diehards that support him, but they don't have the bucks to invest at that level.

I kind of think there were shenanigans related to his Alt-Hero Q campaign that was removed from on Indiegogo. There was a big burst of activity that got it up to $60,000 in the first 24 hours if I remember correctly, which is a ton for a comic crowdfunding, but in subsequent days things slowed to a trickle almost immediately and the campaign was doing a hundred dollars a day. I thought it was pretty suspicious at the time and the Rebel's Run scam has convinced me he's just trying to soak his followers at this point.

I was introduced to Vox Day through the author John C. Wright way back in the day - Vox publishes some of Wright's stuff through Castalia House. He was always a self-absorbed nut flirting with political extremism but he also I think was an honest broker in his business enterprises, the problem for him being he would jump from one to the other without focus and now all of his myriad startups that he hasn't properly nurtured are undoubtedly floundering.

Vox likes to present himself as a man of independent means, but the Revenge of the Cis guys have said that they hear Vox and his family actually live at a friend's house. The library you can see in his Youtube videos is supposedly theirs. Now his social media presence is nothing but Qanon and conspiracy theorizing, just total garbage.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Never mind that one of those Republicans.... was Trump. (you can watch the ROTC guys rage out about it here)

1565187197161.png

Then there's.... this extremely nerdy exchange.
1565187469294.png

1565187507159.png

1565187526138.png

1565187606086.png

Of course the fault in the exchange is the assumption that people are deterministic and just happened to be somewhere at random instead of free willed beings who make their own choices.

• Winner
Reactions: Jungle Princess

Amya Spedonym

5G Virus Maintenance Tech
kiwifarms.net
Then there's.... this extremely nerdy exchange.
View attachment 879330

View attachment 879331
View attachment 879332
View attachment 879333

Of course the fault in the exchange is the assumption that people are deterministic and just happened to be somewhere at random instead of free willed beings who make their own choices.
Teddy's incredulous disbelief that someone who was at a huge popular country music bar in suburban LA might have also attended a huge popular country music festival a couple hours drive away is hilarious. I guess understanding the behavior of normal people is difficult when you're a massive sperg.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Nothing Vox specific, I just thought you all would laugh also at the thought of the "x-men" filled with the subjects of KiwiFarms. (Although Teddy as Xavier would be hilarious)