Thing that personally piss you off. - So, yeah as the tittle says, what pisses you off

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

FuckedUp

Trump's half-Chosen
kiwifarms.net
The frightningly high number of people even on this site of all places thinking the Corona-induced fuckfest is completely justified and should've happened sooner. If the societal takeaway from this ends up being that we should do this again...I just can't. I honestly can't mentally deal with this completely draconian shit. Over a flu. And half of these are the same ones who say single-payer healthcare is a bad idea even though it'll save tons of lives among other things, because it'll hurt the economy.

F/lying Frankenstein

Confused Fanatic
kiwifarms.net
Alright, people who are going crazy about the virus pisses me off, but I have another, a deeper grievance:

Why is the Byzantine Empire always forgotten, in both academia and elsewhere?
I mean, you will hear all that needs to be heard about the wealth and the power and how advanced the Arab world and the Ottoman Empire was. You will also hear that they brought the spark for the Renaissance because they kept Greek treatises and writings from Antiquity.
But you rarely hear about the Byzantine. It is as if they did not exist after the end of the Western Roman Empire, that they were cast away from Catholic memory after the Great Schism of 1054 and that they remain ostracized even today in memory, teaching and erudition.
I cannot understand why, and it sometimes pisses me off for no reason ( I am not Greek, so I have no ethnical bone in this matter ), because I do like them, even with their proverbial corruption.

Last edited:

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These words:
  • Social distancing
  • Flatten the curve
  • Quarantine
It’s all over social media and I feel like it’s Groundhog Day with how much I hear it. On top of it, very few people have anything new to add to the discourse. Additionally, these people that are preaching this from the rooftops will probably be the first to forget social distancing when it really matters. People seem happy about it now, but once the month is up, they’re going to be begging to go to more social gatherings.

totse

my uncle gave me herpes
kiwifarms.net
My brother's now ex fiance pisses me off. Her dad died recently, she got a pretty good sized inheritance from him, and dumped my bro flat out telling him "I don't need you to pay my bills anymore"

Absolutely horrifying... one of my worst fucking nightmares, to think that someone I love will do that. I sincerely feel for him and I'd buy him a beer if I could.

Mad Asshatter

My other name was Maggot
kiwifarms.net
Kinda dumb, but I gotta rant about this one.

There's this movie I have been dying to see ever since I've heard of it, called Antlers. (It's the movie I mentioned in my Skinwalkers/Wendigo thread.) It's directed by Guillermo del Toro, the same guy that did Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy.
Now this movie is going to be predictably quite dark, it's about a Wendigo after all.

What is the thing that pisses me off you ask?

It's owned by Disney.

That's right, fucking Disney.

What it is, is that I don't trust Disney not to fuck something up, or make people have to join their bullshit streaming service (to see the new releases) if they decide they just can't wait with the closed theaters, and have to release stuff NOW.

I have such a low opinion that I am just waiting with bated breath, and just wonder if they are going to neuter this movie, or screw it up in some other way. I was disappointed with It and Pet Semetary, I just want a good horror movie to go see, you know?

Last edited:

yasscat

yass
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People STILL sperging out over Coronavirus. It was annoying enough at the start considering the whole Ebola thing happened barely over five years ago, but the infection rate is completely tapering off and a bunch of people are still freaking out. Like holy shit, Ebola is infinitely more deadly and someone infected went on an NYC subway without causing a widespread outbreak. 12 cases in the US does NOT mean half the country's going to get infected.
Just the Coronavirus panic in general pisses me off.
It's just a fucking flu and yet quite a few people are losing their shit over it.
At least Ebola was/is actually dangerous so the concern made sense.
The Coronavirus will blow over just like H1N1 and SARS did and everyone will forget it ever happened once the next "Big One" arrives.
These posts aged well.

Gravityqueen4life

i am full but i must eat.
kiwifarms.net
My brother's now ex fiance pisses me off. Her dad died recently, she got a pretty good sized inheritance from him, and dumped my bro flat out telling him "I don't need you to pay my bills anymore" My brother was with her for eight years and I fucking hate seeing him this shattered, wanting to help him feel better but not being able to do much now except give him his space and let him know I'm there for him if he needs me.

I never particularly liked this cunt, but I mostly kept it to myself. I'm fucking livid at pieces of filth like her, and I see this behavior from whores like this more and more these days.
holy fucking shit! that bitch sounds like a psychopath! its for the best they broke off. imagine if he was married too her and she divorced him.

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
It pisses me off but for the majority of the population, Corona isn't that big of a deal. I have friends who are out of work because the whole situation had been mis-managed. My parents are old so I understand being careful but I'm mostly convinced something should have happened earlier so my friends didn't have to be unemployed. We can make the argument that they should have been planning better but that's a classist thing to say. Some of us aren't in the position to put money aside.

DrainRedRain

bring those beasts to the GOD'S LIGHT
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Willing Ignorance. You know, the people who take pride in being ignorant about a topic, and refuse to learn more or open their minds.
Nobody knows everything, but if you have the chance to learn more about a thing and be a better person, but you STILL prefer to be ignorant/bigoted, you're worse than dumb.

Rice Is Ready

*MMMMUUAH
kiwifarms.net
People who brag about how hard they work or how many hours they put in come off as stupid and sound like they're seeking praise because I guess they don't get paid enough or nobody at work appreciates them. Nobody cares and we don't respect you more because of it. I actually think less of you. You're like an ant to me if you post something like this.

work.png

Wow I'm super jealous this person is out there working while I'm sitting here enjoying another comfy quarantine day getting high, cuddling with my dog, and catching up on movies. Really wish I was out there truckin' or doing some shit at a steel factory instead.

(It should be noted that underneath that post a mother commented how being a stay at home mom is a full time job. Equally appalling as the post itself.)

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck is POKER on ESPN and other sports networks? It especially sucks because usually when the local sports news channel shows the Dan Patrick Show, they're now showing the World Series of Poker. WTF???
Because Jimmy the Greek and Jack Binion, some time in the '70s, successfully marketed it with the "World Series" name and somehow got CBS to cover it in their sports coverage, and then ESPN followed the tradition in subsequent decades.

Slowboat to China

Drinking Toilet Duck
kiwifarms.net
Alright, people who are going crazy about the virus pisses me off, but I have another, a deeper grievance:

Why is the Byzantine Empire always forgotten, in both academia and elsewhere?
I mean, you will hear all that needs to be heard about the wealth and the power and how advanced the Arab world and the Ottoman Empire was. You will also hear that they brought the spark for the Renaissance because they kept Greek treatises and writings from Antiquity.
But you rarely hear about the Byzantine. It is as if they did not exist after the end of the Western Roman Empire, that they were cast away from Catholic memory after the Great Schism of 1054 and that they remain ostracized even today in memory, teaching and erudition.
I cannot understand why, and it sometimes pisses me off for no reason ( I am not Greek, so I have no ethnical bone in this matter ), because I do like them, even with their proverbial corruption.
I feel similarly. Byzantine history is fascinating, but even today it doesn't get as much airtime or interest as many other empires. Seems like a big oversight to me, especially if you're trying to understand the evolution of Christianity or the whole of Europe.

And now for something completely different ...

Overwritten Black Library novels. Some are better and some are worse, but the majority of them seem horribly purple-proseish to me, and it really grates. I like the story and I'm interested in seeing what's happening, but I keep running into these thickets of description.

Tags
None