Thing that personally piss you off. - So, yeah as the tittle says, what pisses you off

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
This is, of course, not only a Microsoft problem but a veritable plague upon all the tech realm. Case in point: https://annoying.technology/posts/262ddb52708182d3/

What makes it worse, and why I'm adding to my own post, is that a real error message exists. When this guy queries the API he can see a real error message that actually describes why the action failed and how to fix it. They just decided not to show it to the user on the website. What the fuck is wrong with you people?
This stems from the fact that Microsoft thinks you are all fucking boomers who are too dumb to fix your computers.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Having a family that is 90% composed of narcissists.

Two nights ago, my brother is ringing my doorbell at midnight. I have to be up for work at 6 so I'm a mixture of irritated and worried something happened. Half asleep, I answer. He wants a pack of cigarettes. I give him a pack to get him to leave so I can go back to sleep. He takes them and heads off without even saying thank you or sorry for waking me up so late. A little angry, I say "you're welcome"

Now most of my family isn't speaking to me because how DARE I get pissed and say something to my 30 year old brother waking me up for something so pointless and having the manners of an autist.

There's a reason I basically only get along with my dad still.
It's called "No Contact". Unless you rely on them for financial help (and it sounds more like they're relying on you,) move and leave no forwarding address. Also, if my brother showed up at the crack of midnight and knocked on my door for cancer sticks, he'd be leaving sans one pair of roughly used lungs.

Mad Asshatter

My other name was Maggot
kiwifarms.net
Every doom and gloom article about AI. It's always 'AI could threaten humanity. 'AI is advancing quickly and could outpace human thinking' and blah blah blah.

But nobody who ever writes these articles every says 'We need to stop trying to make AI so powerful.' 'We don't need semi-sentient computer programs.'

They always act like it's a forgone conclusion, as if these things just evolved on their own. When it is people developing these programs and making them this way.

The other thing that drives me insanely nuts, is how every other discovery in science, be it light physics, biology, quantum physics, you name it- it's almost inevitable somewhere later in the article or video that someone wants to make computer chips out of it or say how it could be used to advance computers.

I like computers, but there is a point where I just want them to be a tool or used for entertainment. I don't need AI so advanced that it tries to be my friend (or my enemy.) I don't want uses for computers to be the only thing scientists think of whenever they discovered something new. People are so in awe and fear over the damn things rather then just owning up that we don't need super-advanced AI or neuron-chips or computers that are based in quantum physics.

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay so this one’s weird, but hear me out here. So you go into a local diner or whatever because diner food has this unique taste that you can’t get from chain restaurants and it’s fucking great, right? You’re hankering for something flavorful and you also low key hate your body and want it to suffer so you decide to order a nice tasty taco salad. After a few minutes of chilling in the booth, maybe shooting the shit with a few other customers, suddenly the nice gal with a flower or a bible quote tattoo on her arm who works there finally arrives with your much anticipated taco salad, yeah? You happily exclaim “oh boy!” and give your thanks to the aforementioned nice gal. You eagerly open the little foam container salivating before you begin digging in like the ravenous boar you are. You take that first sweet, savory bite getting ready to enjoy the delicious taste of some middle-aged white guy’s best attempt at Mexican cuisine when suddenly you’re horrified to discover that this purported “taco salad” is nothing more than some chopped up hamburger meat devoid of any spice or seasoning with some lettuce, tomato, and some shredded cheese on top.

That? I fucking despise that. I swear ordering anything besides a burger or chicken tenders from these places is such a crapshoot. Like, fellas, I’m more than happy to support your small family business here, but shit like that? This is why McDonalds and Taco Bell is beating you down. Step your game up my dudes.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This was so common at my school and it was terrifying because the bikers would go really fast. It was especially annoying because most of the roads had specified lanes for bikers.
It's like when people who walk/run chose to do so on the side of the street and not the perfectly good sidewalk.
I just don't get people sometimes.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
The bitch who let her dog shit in her shopping cart and then hid the cart in one of the aisles for one of us to find later. Then when she came back to collect her dog from the groomer she had the nerve to bitch because the nails were too long (they were cut to the quick) and then left her (mercifully unpooped in this time) cart in a handicapped spot. I hope the rona gets her and only her.

Last edited:

Watermelanin

Proud self-hating degenerate
kiwifarms.net
People who go on their soapbox and say shit that basically nobody disagrees with.
"It's not good to go too far left or too far right" - yeah, no shit. Hence the qualifier "too far."
"Most people aren't particularly special in any meaningful way" - baby's first epiphany right there.
"The media is lying to you" - yup, but who are they lying for? See hostile media effect.

If you're gonna put yourself out there and make a point, make it something that some people aren't already 100% on board with. Don't preach to a choir that consists of basically the entire educated world.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm getting really bothered by -academics- who treat any view other than the dominant view as conspiracy theories. I think this behavior is extremely harmful. Instead of thinking for yourself you must defer to the broader academic view.

This extreme response to rising anti-intellectualism is just going to create more of it.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm getting really bothered by -academics- who treat any view other than the dominant view as conspiracy theories. I think this behavior is extremely harmful. Instead of thinking for yourself you must defer to the broader academic view.

This extreme response to rising anti-intellectualism is just going to create more of it.
It also creates an atmosphere where you aren’t allowed to question authority, which is also bad. You shouldn’t have to have the same PhD as the person you’re questioning to make a valid point against them. This overt trust also creates way too much complacency, which is another problem in itself.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It also creates an atmosphere where you aren’t allowed to question authority, which is also bad. You shouldn’t have to have the same PhD as the person you’re questioning to make a valid point against them. This overt trust also creates way too much complacency, which is another problem in itself.
The idea of the ivory tower. Instead of simply saying "Ok, you're wrong, here is why and here is my sources" they just insult people and say they're above them. Academics are obsessing over the idea of public history/science but yet refuse to take on the dumb conspiracies.

The idea is that discussing with them gives their ideas legitimacy... ignoring the fact that the academic should be absolutely shitting on them with actual facts and studies.

Without academics people have to rely on randos who have charisma and that is a recipe for disaster. Pundits are usually retarded and their gotchas should be easy to counter but the academics don't bother.

Dismissing people with your institutional authority doesn't win over hearts or minds. Intellectuals have to fight intellectually.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is has been kindof bothering me but the obsession with authenticity in the Americas. Italian-Americans get absolutely shit on on Food shows for not doing things like people in Italy.. ignoring the fact that there is a 100 years of history separating these cultures.

The worst thing is that it is only really Italian-Americans who do this. Italians literally do not care.

Things like Pizza and Spaghetti were originally peasant foods made with the cheapest ingredients and they act like these foods were the product of a rich aristocratic culture of using rare ingredients and the best trained chefs.

Paulie #1

I'm in the mood of wearing some size 10 crocs
kiwifarms.net
People who wash their hands and then proceed to shake their wet hands and the water splashes you.

also when straws split at the end so when you try to drink your soda you barely get anything out of it

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pina Colada

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
This is like a couple months late, but it's always bothered me how everyone explicitly mentions they did x virtually on zoom/facetime/whatever, as if weren't already obvious given the current situation. It sounds like dialogue from a future movie set in spring 2020.

Book Thievery

あっち! こっち!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
also when straws split at the end so when you try to drink your soda you barely get anything out of it
Put the broken end into the drink, problem solved (until you're almost done with your drink).

Shoppers who dump their children's diapers into their shopping carts after they leave the store. It's not a fucking trash can, you retards. The poor workers have to throw that shit away because you're too lazy to do it yourself.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Karens losing their shit at you if you're outside without a mask on.

If you're that fucking terrified of the world, go back home, cower under your blankie, wait for your next briefing from CNN or FOX and let the rest of us live in peace.
I think the key word is outside. It's weird how even governments are banning outdoor activities.

Walking in a field? Bunch of cops show up and beat you.

Orion Balls

Sorry Wendy, I love my hat girl.
kiwifarms.net
Assholes coming into the deli telling me Covid is a conspiracy after reading my legally required posting concerning wearing masks. I don't care. I've got to cook all day in this thing, because, as soon as I take it off, the overdue health inspector or some paranoid Karen will show up and maybe try to shut me down. It's hot, and sweaty, and yes it sucks. But, do you really hate me so much that you won't wear the masks for the very brief time you're in the store? Then you don't respect me, and I don't think I respect you. Rant over.

Tags
None