Thing that personally piss you off. - So, yeah as the tittle says, what pisses you off

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Which one's have you been getting? I've noticed a huge increase in car warranty scams and hotel offers.
At my workplace, robocalls imploring the company to be part of Amazon Alexa have increased recently. Worse, political robocalls from PACs wanting campaign donations have stepped up this past week.

Perhaps we need a Horrors of Telemarketing and Other Annoying Calls thread.

If you're in the fast lane / passing lane, i can understand it, but when you're on a busy thoroughfare in a municipal area where there's cops in every fucking bush, you bet your ass I'm going the speed limit.
I may have mentioend it before, but there's a stretch of roadway with a 25 mph (40 km/h) speed limit. The first curve in this road is notorious for hidden speed traps, but too many drivers insist on speeding through it and eventually ride my bumper for several blocks. In one or two instances, I've had people pass me using the left turn lane when I get to the spot where I turn right.

Sitting on hold with shitty elevator music that sounds like it’s coming from someone’s iPhone 4 while also having a robot voice remind me that I’m on hold every 30 seconds.
I had to call someone to straighten out a mix-up on stuff I ordered online. For the 20 or so minutes I was on hold, I got the exact same reminder every 60-90 seconds to visit their web site. If I could resolve the issue with the web site, I would. But I can't, so I don't need to be told every single time. At least rotate out 3 or 4 different messages to make it less repetitive.

totse

29/M/US
kiwifarms.net
I'm getting sick of having to do everyone's fucking driving for them. It's not my responsibility to speed up / slow down / move over so you can merge onto a nearly empty freeway without having to change your speed. Find the fucking gas pedal, faggot.

Your lane is ending / cut off for construction? Get your shit together and don't act like you noticed just at the last second. No, "zipper merge" doesn't mean "speed past the line of cars in the through lane and try to get in right where the lane is ending." It means when there's traffic backed up in both lanes you go one from one side and one from the other.

And you don't need to wait for me to stop at a four-way stop before you start going, jesus christ please

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
I'm getting sick of having to do everyone's fucking driving for them. It's not my responsibility to speed up / slow down / move over so you can merge onto a nearly empty freeway without having to change your speed. Find the fucking gas pedal, faggot.

Your lane is ending / cut off for construction? Get your shit together and don't act like you noticed just at the last second. No, "zipper merge" doesn't mean "speed past the line of cars in the through lane and try to get in right where the lane is ending." It means when there's traffic backed up in both lanes you go one from one side and one from the other.

And you don't need to wait for me to stop at a four-way stop before you start going, jesus christ please
I remember a while back all the faggots on facebook were sharing some video comparing cars to soda bottles on a conveyor belt to say it's "more efficient" not to merge until the last second.

I hope they tried to put that into practice and head-on collided with a jersey barrier.

yoshitsune

Genpei cowboy
kiwifarms.net
For some reason when I order something from the US it always takes 2 months for the thing to finally be delivered. One time my internal HDD crapped out so I ordered a new one from the US because I'm a cheap bastard and that option was by far the cheapest. A month later I forgot I even made the order so I bought a replacement HDD from a local store. When the thing finally came I got surprised and thought that I accidentally drunkordered something stupid.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
For some reason when I order something from the US it always takes 2 months for the thing to finally be delivered. One time my internal HDD crapped out so I ordered a new one from the US because I'm a cheap bastard and that option was by far the cheapest. A month later I forgot I even made the order so I bought a replacement HDD from a local store. When the thing finally came I got surprised and thought that I accidentally drunkordered something stupid.
That's funny because here, that's shit from China. You can always get super cheap tech shit from China (which is usually junk) and then you fuck up and don't notice you ordered it from China and so it takes two months to arrive and by then you forgot you ordered it. Good luck if it turns out to be the wrong thing or is broken because then you're looking at a year to get it straightened out, and these ripoff vendors hope you just give up and go away.

Never buy anything with less than 99% positive feedback because I think the scammier operations order shit from themselves just to boost their horrible ratings to get them barely over 90%, again hoping nobody notices how bad they really are.

yoshitsune

Genpei cowboy
kiwifarms.net
That's funny because here, that's shit from China. You can always get super cheap tech shit from China (which is usually junk) and then you fuck up and don't notice you ordered it from China and so it takes two months to arrive and by then you forgot you ordered it. Good luck if it turns out to be the wrong thing or is broken because then you're looking at a year to get it straightened out, and these ripoff vendors hope you just give up and go away.

Never buy anything with less than 99% positive feedback because I think the scammier operations order shit from themselves just to boost their horrible ratings to get them barely over 90%, again hoping nobody notices how bad they really are.
I avoid ordering tech shit from China, when I order shit from China it's not bad time-wise, it gets here in 3-4 weeks usually and again I always take the cheapest shipping because I'm a cheap bastard. In that example I mentioned I probably did find something cheaper from some Chinese vendor, but God knows if it'll work or not so I went with a Burger vendor. That particular HDD I mentioned in my story works perfectly, I tested it, so at least I'll now have a back up right away in case another HDD craps out. It's always HDDs with me, in 2 decades of using 'pooters I've had over 2 dozen HDDs crap out on me at this point, when it comes to other parts I only had one processor and one graphics card crap out ever.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Stalphos Johnson

Very Spooky
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of shitty UI, the latest update for Firefox on Android. The only 2 reasons I use FF over Brave was the better UI and being able to install extensions on mobile and the lastest update broke both of those. I am only allowed to install extensions from an approved list (9 extensions!) that doesn't include half of my extensions I use on a regular basis and the UI is so much worse.

Screenshot_20200908-072742_Firefox.jpg

The adress bar used to be on the top, and there were 3 tabs for your most visited sites, bookmarks, and history. You are now forced to use collections, where you are supposed to group bookmarks in categories like "work" or "reading". But to actually access ungrouped bookmarks, you have to go through a menu to bring up your bookmarks instead of having them easily accessible on the new tab page.

The UI is also the same on tablet, which is even worse. Normally, on phone, you have to hit the menu button to bring up the back/forward button, refresh, etc. This is done to save space, but a tablet doesn't have this problem. I could hit back/forward, refresh, see all my tabs on the top on the previous version like a normal computer, but now it's become so fucking awkward on the tablet, I switched to Fennec and am refusing to update because other Android browsers also suck on the tablet.

I fucking hate this trend of updating the UI just for the sake of change.

Edit: Here's what the new tab screen used to look like.
20200908_075238.jpg
It has your top 8 visited sites on top, easy access to your bookmarks, recently visited sites under highlights. Far better than the new one.

Old tablet:
Screenshot_20200908-080114_Fennec F-Droid.jpg

New Tablet:
Screenshot_20200908-080126_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Tags
None