Thing that personally piss you off. - So, yeah as the tittle says, what pisses you off

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When someone tells you no, you can't, you won't, to stop, etc through text. It just feels infuriating tbh

Marshal Mannerheim

Koti, uskonto, ja isänmaa.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Genocide isn't new at all. It's always existed. The only thing new is actually having a name for it and having decided it's bad.
The Romans were very fond of brutally sackibg cities-- enslaving the children and the younger women while killing everything else-- men, crones, dogs, horses, livestock.

The Third Punic War was the culmination of a long and intentional process to weaken and provoke the Carthaginians before massacring them and destroying their city and civic institutions for all time. The Carthage later founded on the spot had nothing contiguous with the city of Dido but the location. They demolished utterly the Temple at Jerusalem. They demolished Corinth, a city so famous for its art, architecture, and history that it's perhaps equivalent to bulldozing Venice today. In Caesar's illegal wars of conquest in Gaul, perhaps a third of the population of modern-day France and Belgium perished, while another third was carried back to Italy in chains. The Gallic tongue was utterly erased; the Bretons speak a British language, not Gaulish. Likewise they extinguished every other Italic language, the venerable Etruscan tongue, and the entire Iberian language family.

So don't say genocide is new. Pax Romana was built on a lake of blood.
I forgot about Carthage.

The main reason I said that the war in the Vendée was the first genocide was because it was carried out with the intention of exterminating the Vendéens because they'd rebelled against the Republic. You could make an argument for Carthage being a genocide but I'm not sure the Romans ever went to war with the extent of exterminating an entire people. I'm not entirely sure that destroying a city or a temple is genocidal, either.

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
What part of "kill everyone except a few children for sex slaves" isn't genocide? The Romans did that hundreds of times.

The Mongols were also famous for systematic extermination. See also: Assyrians, Zulus, Huns, Turks-- Even the Athenians got in on the action during the Punic War, slaughtering the populations of disloyal allied states.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've said it before, but Ford Transit work vans are so ugly - somehow they're an embodiment of Current Year to me.

What's odd is I never saw so many of the things before the New Normal® kicked in. Now pretty much everything from ice cream trucks to linen service trucks to Amazon delivery vehicles are Ford Transit vans.

Marshal Mannerheim

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What part of "kill everyone except a few children for sex slaves" isn't genocide? The Romans did that hundreds of times.

The Mongols were also famous for systematic extermination. See also: Assyrians, Zulus, Huns, Turks-- Even the Athenians got in on the action during the Punic War, slaughtering the populations of disloyal allied states.
Did they go to war with the intention of slaughtering a population, though?

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
Oh, no, it was a big surprise. Whoda thunk that they'd die when we killed them?

Read the Iliad some time. It may not be Historical, but the idea of intentional mass extermination existed even in Homer's time, circa 700 BC. Seriously, read it. Agamemnon and his cronies repeatedly state their intention to kill everyone they didn't haul off for sex slavery; the erasure of Troy was premeditated.

Last edited:

Marshal Mannerheim

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, no, it was a big surprise. Whoda thunk that they'd die when we killed them?

Read the Iliad some time. It may not be Historical, but the idea of intentional mass extermination existed even in Homer's time, circa 700 BC. Seriously, read it. Agamemnon and his cronies repeatedly state their intention to kill everyone they didn't haul off for sex slavery; the erasure of Troy was premeditated.
Yes. Completely destroying cities and massacring their populations was par for the course back then, especially if you were a hated enemy.
Guess I was wrong, then.

My bad.

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
Cyrus was "The Great" because he didn't genocide people. He was very well liked by most people, it seems.

Not that he wouldn't torture you to death, but only if you, yourself did something. It's a very fetching idea; I wish it would come back in style.

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
A relative of my boyfriend that we live with irritates me quite a bit. I might have already vented about their hygiene issues and laziness here before. But they also embody greed too. Food isn’t safe ‘round here.

To give you an idea, said person has eaten two full takeout containers of Chinese food of ours in one sitting. Never even asked us. I made several types of cookies for my family recently, and ended up with extra to keep here in a few Tupperware. Bf caught relative grabbing like ten at once so I went with my gut and put my favorite two boxes in my room, leaving one box out. It’s immediately gone and we find the empty box on the table that evening. A dozen cookies gone. Me and bf accidentally left a box out on the table after playing a board game the next day and welp, that got snatched too. Also had a dozen cookies in it. I’m pissed. I personally made them and barely got to enjoy any. I will add that we had left a box of leftover grocery store Christmas cookies to appease her grazing after the first incident and that was all gone the next morning.

It’s one thing if she wanted a few cookies. I’d gladly offer her some. But she takes my whole fuckin box (twice) into her cave. It feels like theft. Boyfriend is also annoyed, but none of his complaints or blunt remarks seem to get through. He’s worried about her health, and also her mental health. I don’t know if it’s maliciously not giving a shit about other people, or legitimately lacking self awareness. She’s an adult so it’s difficult to really do much. Either way since she lives on the other side of the house I rarely interact with her, by each time I do it’s stressful.

Isam

ἀνάπαυσις
kiwifarms.net
A relative of my boyfriend that we live with irritates me quite a bit. I might have already vented about their hygiene issues and laziness here before. But they also embody greed too. Food isn’t safe ‘round here.

To give you an idea, said person has eaten two full takeout containers of Chinese food of ours in one sitting. Never even asked us. I made several types of cookies for my family recently, and ended up with extra to keep here in a few Tupperware. Bf caught relative grabbing like ten at once so I went with my gut and put my favorite two boxes in my room, leaving one box out. It’s immediately gone and we find the empty box on the table that evening. A dozen cookies gone. Me and bf accidentally left a box out on the table after playing a board game the next day and welp, that got snatched too. Also had a dozen cookies in it. I’m pissed. I personally made them and barely got to enjoy any. I will add that we had left a box of leftover grocery store Christmas cookies to appease her grazing after the first incident and that was all gone the next morning.

It’s one thing if she wanted a few cookies. I’d gladly offer her some. But she takes my whole fuckin box (twice) into her cave. It feels like theft. Boyfriend is also annoyed, but none of his complaints or blunt remarks seem to get through. He’s worried about her health, and also her mental health. I don’t know if it’s maliciously not giving a shit about other people, or legitimately lacking self awareness. She’s an adult so it’s difficult to really do much. Either way since she lives on the other side of the house I rarely interact with her, by each time I do it’s stressful.
Have you considered finding your own place to live without this human vacuum? What is your bf's relationship with her, what reason does he have to be concerned with her health when she appears to not be a nice person? If the only reason is that "she's family" then that's utter bullshit.

Devyn

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People (usually male) who are constantly dropping what they believe to be hilarious dirty jokes, but which are really just cringy and annoying. If you ignore the jokes they'll either accuse you of not "getting" them, or of having no sense of humour; if you ask them to lay off they'll just do it more.

Dirty jokes can be funny, but most of the time it's like listening to a particularly shitty female comedian.

Last edited:

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else think the modern world has way too many rules in just about everything?
I was thinking: excess rules in the modern world can be like trying to plug holes in a boat that's like Swiss cheese. The real problem is the craziness of the modern world, and excess rules can be like trying to just treat the symptoms of it.

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
probably should post this in the gun thread but it does piss me off and the last time i posted there...wasn't very pleasant anyway. living in NJ the gun laws aren't too bad...yet. But the process to obtain a firearm license is brutal. in addition to background checks and all that you gotta pay to get fingerprinted and registered and the process takes forever, and even then you need permits for every specific gun you buy. (ex a shotgun license, a rifle permit and a special permit for pistols) and of course being a blue state like nj there's not even any concealed carry law abiding gun owners need to keep their weapons in steel cases in vehicles. Ive been meaning to start the process so i could have a gun handy given how fucked up things are getting but...life and other obligations are getting in the way. and there's no telling how bad the gun laws in nj may get since phill murphy swore he'd make nj the "california of the east coast."

oddly enough you can still buy crossbows, knives, flare guns, and edged weapons off sites like amazon and still get them shipped through the mail here, but even daisy bb guns are prohibited from being shipped here because yeah...you need a licsence for those too, FUCKING BB GUNS!

Spooky Doot Skelly

kiwifarms.net

sounds like you and your bf have a feeder fetish but just don't want to admit it yet.