Thing that personally piss you off. - So, yeah as the tittle says, what pisses you off

Blamo

N/A
kiwifarms.net
Nu-parenting. Oh just let kids do whatever they want on the Internet.
Then I need to spend half an hour unsuccessfully trying to explain a kid that no Talking Angela is not a secret Child murdering network.

Why even have children if you don't make any effort to help them understand the endless media, if your idea of child rearing is just putting putting them into school and giving it to them to the media?

It really does destroy their ability to focus and regulate their emotions as well. I mean their rolemodels are roblox streamers and vloggers who over act to create a show.
But for that that is the pattern you need to follow while playing games etc.

Damn, I feel old.

HymanHive

kiwifarms.net
Phone things:

Mum pushing a pushchair down the road with one hand, phone in the other
Kid in the pram has a phone or tablet
3-5 years old walking next to the road, one hand on pushchair, one slip from being under a bus.
If you find fat-susan's bitching about lazy-laura down the street is more important than your kids, don't have kids.

Couples in restaurants sat eating, facing one another, both on phones. Not talking, not looking at each other or communicating in anyway shape or form. Why eat out? Why even be together?

People in old-school communities recording incidents on their phone, to upload to facebook for "omg can u beleef dis appand?" rather than just sorting out the issue.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Nosey fucking neighbours who think that just because you've moved in next door, you're automatically family and they need to know everything about you. Fuck off, nosey.

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
Couples in restaurants sat eating, facing one another, both on phones. Not talking, not looking at each other or communicating in anyway shape or form. Why eat out? Why even be together?

Nosey fucking neighbours who think that just because you've moved in next door, you're automatically family and they need to know everything about you. Fuck off, nosey.
Reading is better when I do it while sitting with my wife. Sue me.

And some of my neighbors have been extremely helpful. It's OK for people to be friendly.

HymanHive

kiwifarms.net
Reading is better when I do it while sitting with my wife. Sue me.

How is that comparable to sitting on a phone? If i walked in to a restaurant and saw a couple reading, i would think "Fair play, they must be a strong couple"
It's OK for people to be friendly.
Is it though? A friendly stranger is the biggest red flag to me. Nobody does anything without reason and the reason 'being friendly', in my experience, has always translated to: "I want something in return" or the 'friendly' is a front to get you on 'their side' of community gossip or slap fights.

The only friendly people that i have no issue with, is older folks in the countryside. I'll stop and chew the fat with them anyday, mainly because it's always a positive exchange.

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
How is that comparable to sitting on a phone? If i walked in to a restaurant and saw a couple reading, i would think "Fair play, they must be a strong couple"
Dogg, what do you do on YOUR phone? I watch television with her, too. Sometimes we even play vidya.

Is it though? A friendly stranger is the biggest red flag to me. Nobody does anything without reason and the reason 'being friendly', in my experience, has always translated to: "I want something in return" or the 'friendly' is a front to get you on 'their side' of community gossip or slap fights.

The only friendly people that i have no issue with, is older folks in the countryside. I'll stop and chew the fat with them anyday, mainly because it's always a positive exchange.
Well, my neighbors are old ranchers and orchard. . . ers, so fair enough. I'd be suspicious of friendly neighbors in a city. They're either looking for something to steal or trying to convert you to their religion.

HymanHive

kiwifarms.net
Dogg, what do you do on YOUR phone? I watch television with her, too. Sometimes we even play vidya.
I don't. It's basically an emergency device/alarm clock/email checker.

I think you've missed the point. Doing shit with your other half is fine. Both going out to eat, to spend the whole time ignoring one another to look at your phone is mind-boggling
Well, my neighbors are old ranchers and orchard. . . ers, so fair enough. I'd be suspicious of friendly neighbors in a city. They're either looking for something to steal or trying to convert you to their religion.
My parents live in the country and their neighbours are friendly and helpful when it comes to community stuff. They organise events like making their own wine or having a feast. But they also understand that privacy is a big part of a community. So yeah i can see old ranchers and orchard owners being pretty cool.

In a modern city and the suburbs, everyone is a cunt out to get something, because nobody wants to earn anything anymore. Why be independent when you can gibsmedat by acting friendly?

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
I think you've missed the point. Doing shit with your other half is fine. Both going out to eat, to spend the whole time ignoring one another to look at your phone is mind-boggling
You are correct. I don't understand the point. Why is reading a book OK, but reading something on my phone not OK? Father, I cannot click the book.

On a first date, I think phones out is weird and rude. If you don't even know her and she pulls out a phone, walk out and stick her with the check.

HymanHive

kiwifarms.net
You are correct. I don't understand the point. Why is reading a book OK, but reading something on my phone not OK? Father, I cannot click the book.
Because the book you're reading is a book. You've put thought and effort in to taking a book to a restaurant. It's weird, granted, but it's a book.

Whn a couple of twenty-somethings are on their phone, they aren't looking up Kant, or reading the Iliad, they're posting pictures of their food on SM, or checking SM. They're ignoring real society, and their partner, to continue living in fake society. Reality over Virtual reality, any day.

On a first date, I think phones out is weird and rude. If you don't even know her and she pulls out a phone, walk out and stick her with the check.
100%. TBH my tolerance of people getting their phones out in social situations, or when people are talking, has reached zero for me. If i'm having a convo with someone and they pull a phone out, i walk off. If i'm in a group and people pull their phones out, i walk off.

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
Because the book you're reading is a book. You've put thought and effort in to taking a book to a restaurant. It's weird, granted, but it's a book.

Whn a couple of twenty-somethings are on their phone, they aren't looking up Kant, or reading the Iliad, they're posting pictures of their food on SM, or checking SM. They're ignoring real society, and their partner, to continue living in fake society. Reality over Virtual reality, any day.
I actually have The Iliad on my phone. Fite me.

Meat Target

Tactical headpats
kiwifarms.net
100%. TBH my tolerance of people getting their phones out in social situations, or when people are talking, has reached zero for me. If i'm having a convo with someone and they pull a phone out, i walk off. If i'm in a group and people pull their phones out, i walk off.
As I've said upthread, I often get annoyed with my company's customers (thankfully, my job minimizes my interaction with them).

It drives me up the wall when one of them is on the phone while also expecting service in-person. If you are here to do business, you deserve my undivided attention.

FriendlyPrimarina

kiwifarms.net
More phone shit: I have an elderly relative who must think, "I need to call Prima, but I don't have my hearing aids in. Should I take 30 seconds to fetch them and put them in? Nah, I'll just scream into the receiver."
Every time she calls, I have to hold my phone a foot away from my ear to avoid hearing damage. Like I love you but Jesus Christ take a minute to put your hearing aids in.

Going to the bathroom right after somebody else. There's a scent that lingers.
Even worse when the seat is warm.

The Last Stand

Be very, VERY gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have an elderly relative who must think, "I need to call Prima, but I don't have my hearing aids in. Should I take 30 seconds to fetch them and put them in? Nah, I'll just scream into the receiver."
Every time she calls, I have to hold my phone a foot away from my ear to avoid hearing damage. Like I love you but Jesus Christ take a minute to put your hearing aids in.
And when YOU have to scream on the phone because of that.

M3xus

kiwifarms.net
Got two!

My power company is a piece of shit. We just had the power cut out on a perfectly nice, calm, sunny day. This is not the first time this happened, and it will not be the last. I hoped Irma a few years ago would have knocked down enough lines they'd improve their infrastructure, but no such luck. Thank goodness the part of dinner that had to be cooked is done.

The second is people standing in doorways to hold a conversation, then have the gall to act offended when you ask them to move so you can get through. If your conversation is so important, step into the room with the guy you're talking to so people can use the doorway, you fucking retard.