Things That Disappeared Without You Noticing -

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
Ever need a product you haven't purchased in ages, only to find out that it seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet? Or suddenly see an object that used to be common and suddenly realize that this is the first one you've seen in years?

When I was a kid, there used to be a ton of different novelty flavors of bubblegum, like cotton candy, strawberry banana, or Dr. Pepper. I went to buy gum the other day and now it's like eight different brands of breath-freshening mint. No Bubbilicious. Bubble Yum and Bubble Tape only in the standard pink variety. What's up with that crap?

Also, I saw a cigarette vending machine for sale in an antique store a few years back. Some little kid asked his mom what it was, and I suddenly realized I probably hadn't seen one in the wild since the 90's.

Anyway, what vanished into the ether when you weren't looking?

Irrelevant

kiwifarms.net
The gum thing is because it all went sugar free. You can still get the random flavours if you want sugar but they're hard to find.

In the UK you can now basically only find mints, juicy fruit, and strawberry. If you order any other flavours from Amazon you can tell from the packaging that it came from the US and they always give me the shits. From what I understand all sugar free gums can give you the shits but the sweeter they are the worse the effect. Apparently Americans don't mind shitting themselves for some sweets.

Last edited:

Catch Your Breath

Designated Tard Reviewer
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Butterfinger BB's. They disappeared for the same reason @Pickelhaube's Yogo's did - choking hazard.
Which is bullshit.
I don't even want my BB's back though since Nestle sold off Butterfingers to Ferrera who promptly ruined the god damn recipe to make it " healthier ". Not even going to stew on the fact that the New Butterfingers has more salt and sugar in it than the old recipe.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
It's usually stores for me. Circuit city, Radio Shack, Thrifty (although they still make ice cream) and I have no idea when Alpha-Beta bit the dust but it had to have been a long long time ago. (I think it became Ralph's) They all just sort of slipped away in the night like an elderly person dying in their sleep.

teriyakiburns

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?
kiwifarms.net
The gum thing is because it all went sugar free. You can still get the random flavours if you want sugar but they're hard to find.

In the UK you can basically only find mints, juicy fruit, and strawberry. If your order any other flavours from Amazon you can tell from the packaging that it came from the US and they always give me the shits. From what I understand all sugar free gums can give you the shits but the sweeter they are the worse the effect. Apparently Americans don't mind shitting themselves for some sweets.
I used to crave a gun called Pink Buggly. It's called anglo bubbly now, which is weird. Comes in individually wrapped pieces. When I was a kid I used to go to a sweet shop down the road from my parents' church, where an old bid had trays filled with sweets, and all those glass jars on the shelves. It was a literal fucking stereotype. I'd buy the bubbly, flying saucers, real sherbert dips with the old cardboard tube and the proper liquorice straw instead of the plasticy shit they sell it with now, home made cinder toffee, and Roses seconds that she always bought in bulk from Cadbury.

She's been dead thirty years. Fuck.

Tags
None