Things That Disappeared Without You Noticing -

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Around the turn of the millennium Pepsi Twist came out and disappeared within a year. I forgot about it for years and randomly came across it in a Eastern European market. That shit is delicious. Unfortunately, as soon as I had rediscovered it, it disappeared once again. Now every time I drink Pepsi I have to squeeze lemon into it.
I miss Pepsi Twist so much, the only thing I can get to it now, is the Coke machines where you can choose different fruit flavors, when I worked next to a wendy's and my coworker would go and order for both of us, he'd look at me crazy when I said lemon coke, not as good as twist from what I remember but its all I have now.
Quiznos was THE SHIT and 100 times better than Subway, then they started disappearing and disappearing...Chevy's Fresh Mex was also a great restaurant and to this day probably has the best salsa I've had but they're also much fewer and farther between these days.
I miss quiznos, the bourbon beef was my favorite, when I went to university there was one on campus (this was after Quiznos disappeared), only issue was I often didn't have the cash for it, damn you fate.
Entertainment stores like Sam Goody, FYE, Hasting's, etc. Those were the shit as a kid. Even if you couldn't buy anything, you could still spend hours browsing.

Now it's pretty much just Best Buy.
There was a chain called Media Play, it had toys, books, movies, video games, and music, it was so fun to walk around as a kid. I also miss Sun Coast (same parent company as Media Play)
This.

Hell, I remember that even the big box chain stores like Wal-Mart and Big Lots would have arcade machines near the front entrance.

Big Lots had Lethal Enforcers II and I think one of the Street Fighter games, while Wal-Mart had one of those racing arcade games, plus the Jurassic Park light gun game, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and one of those deer-hunting lightgun games.

They still have the claw machines though, but I think that's because Claw Machines are like the one type of arcade game that has never really gone away to begin with.

Other things I miss are Kmart and Magic Mart.

Magic Mart was basically a weird mix between a Wal-Mart and a Big Lots, and for some reason the one where I used to live also had an area near the sporting goods section that sold katanas, medieval swords, fancy knives, and all sorts of mall ninja shit for really cheap.

Best part was that the clerk usually never checked for ID, so I was able to buy a $10 wakizashi sword when I was 13.
Kmart back in the day was good, but every Kmart I was in post early 00s was always dimly light, and nothing seemed to have changed since the late 90s. Hell even their registers were the old IBM ones with a small monochrome CRT and beige from age. It was just depressing to be in.
like this one:
IBMPOS.png

I remember them at least into the mid-90s where I grew up, that was the only place I could ever get those root beer barrel candies.
I remember that too, when Kroger opened a new store by me in 2017 they had a bulk candy section still, no idea if it still is there as they rearranged the store since.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
@saralovesjuicyfruit CFLs have been replaced but it's mostly by LED bulbs, not incandescent, or at least that's the case in Canada. I can't say if it's the same where you are.

I still buy incandescent bulbs for chandeliers, bathroom vanity lights, and desk lamps but I only buy LEDs for regular light fixtures. I find the light from LEDs far preferable to CFLs, which were constant migraine headache-inducers.

Dysnomia

Blood on the rise, it's following me
kiwifarms.net
@saralovesjuicyfruit CFLs have been replaced but it's mostly by LED bulbs, not incandescent, or at least that's the case in Canada. I can't say if it's the same where you are.

I still buy incandescent bulbs for chandeliers, bathroom vanity lights, and desk lamps but I only buy LEDs for regular light fixtures. I find the light from LEDs far preferable to CFLs, which were constant migraine headache-inducers.
The bulb in here is CFL and it hurts my eyes so damn much. We have LED's but it's a an overhead fixture on high ceiling and I hate ladders. But I guess I'd rather climb a ladder than get a migraine. *sigh*

• Feels
Reactions: sasazuka
Tags
None