Things that scared the shit out of you as a little kid. -

Were you scared of the dark as a kid?

• Yeah.

Votes: 64 21.4%
  • Lol no.

Votes: 45 15.1%
  • I was scared of the things that I thought I saw in the dark.

Votes: 190 63.5%

• Total voters

Francis E. Dec Esc.

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In Beetlejuice, when they're in the waiting room, the soldier (?) with the tiny head haunted me for a while as a youngster.

The burned guy and the flattened guy too.

Char-Man-beetlejuice-1-615x353.jpg

runover-guy-beetlejuice-615x380.jpg

Even worse, the flattened guy is one of the workers, who all died by suicide, which implies he flung himself under a truck.

Chan Fan

Not Mossad
kiwifarms.net
I had a nightmare as a kid where a screaming red sock puppet came out from the crevice between the refrigerator and the wall and bit (or grabbed, since there was a hand inside but I couldn't see a person) my arm really hard

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
World of Goo. It didn’t scare me, it just creeped me out with its whole atmosphere.

DocHoliday1977

Mentally Disabled Schizoposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I woke up in the middle of the night and saw this tall black shadow man standing in the hallway. We kept the light on in the hallway bathroom and he stood right there staring at me.

I thought it was my dad and I kept saying, "Daddy?"

I fell back asleep. It's been 35+ years but I still remember it clearly.

• Feels
Reactions: Count groudon

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Children of The Corn movie had me terrified that a bunch of amish kids were going to murder my family and force me to live with them in their weird corn church. I was more so scared of my parents being killed, but hooo weee that really fucked me up. Also that and the Jeepers Creepers movie gave me an irrational fear of corn fields and old showtunes.

A Kiwi Lurking

nukinfuts
kiwifarms.net
Smoke alarms. Not because of the noise they make, but because of the red light that flashes every 30 seconds or so. For some reason, it always gave me massive anxiety attacks during the night, mainly because of the nightmares I had where they were attacking me.

Also street lights for some reason freaked me the fuck out. Had a weird dream once where I was feeding the lights potatoes (like feeding a giraffe leaves) then got attacked by them.
I mean look at these fuckers:
IMG_0163.jpg

Virgo

kiwifarms.net
My curtains as a kid had an autumn pattern with leaves and geometric shapes that would create grotesque faces and characters at night. Really didn't like looking at them.

I experienced sleep paralysis a few times as a child and I feel like I've seen "shadow people" also, even when I was not scared or looking for them. The "Hat Man" appeared once to me and is a common occurrence among children. I didn't know anyone else saw the Hat Man until about six months ago and just about shit my pants.

I always used to feel like bad things were around me in my room and made my mum sleep next to me on my bed until I feel asleep lol. #pussy

I also agree with Jeepers Creepers being terrifying and seeing trucks at night made me uncomfortable for ages.

I still don't like walking around a dark house or outside at night, I've seen too many episodes of Ghost Adventures.

NarutoYaoi

What's a "Naruto"?
kiwifarms.net
I never feared a lot. But when I was little I had an immense fear of Chucky, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Labrynth. I'd see the lips during rocky and immediately burst into tears.

I've grown to love the latter two, though I'm convinced Tim Curry's and David Bowie's bulges are the reasons I was scared of those movies in the first place

A Friendly Hoovy

Hoovy had too many pieces of Pumpkin Pie...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mascots. I just hated them. I understood the concept, I knew there were people inside them. They were just terrifying to me.
View attachment 1169702
When I was at Chuck E Cheese and this rat bastard came up to me, I fucking RAN.
This fear is pretty widespread, and is the one of the reason the FNAF games are as effective as they are.
Speaking of FNAF, I first started getting on the Internet around the time the first one was released. I was pretty sheltered up to that point, and when I watched some videos of it, it gave me nightmares for a surprisingly long time. (I think I also experienced sleep paralysis involving the characters, so that probably is what messed me up so bad.) To this day, I avoid anything to do with the series, and anything with jumpscares messes me up pretty badly. (I'm a wimp, I know.)

• Feels
Reactions: Count groudon

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
This fear is pretty widespread, and is the one of the reason the FNAF games are as effective as they are.
Speaking of FNAF, I first started getting on the Internet around the time the first one was released. I was pretty sheltered up to that point, and when I watched some videos of it, it gave me nightmares for a surprisingly long time. (I think I also experienced sleep paralysis involving the characters, so that probably is what messed me up so bad.) To this day, I avoid anything to do with the series, and anything with jumpscares messes me up pretty badly. (I'm a wimp, I know.)
Kids play the darndest things nowadays.

Tags
None