Things that scared the shit out of you as a little kid. -

Were you scared of the dark as a kid?

• Yeah.

Votes: 64 21.4%
  • Lol no.

Votes: 45 15.1%
  • I was scared of the things that I thought I saw in the dark.

Votes: 190 63.5%

• Total voters

Witthel

👻🍈spoopy boobies🍈👻
kiwifarms.net
There's three scenes from Finding Nemo that scared the shit out of me when I first watched it as a kid.
  1. The scene where the shark (can't remember it's name ATM) goes insane and tries to eat them.
  2. The scene where they get attacked by the angler fish.
  3. And the scene where they get swallowed by the whale.
Really, this movie is pretty much the reason why I have a phobia of the ocean.

Sherlock Holmes

kiwifarms.net

I used to have nightmares about how ugly and crazy Kane was as a kid lol

oldTireWater

Incompetent as fuck
kiwifarms.net
When I was a kid I spent a lot of time at the Detroit zoo, issue is they let Peacocks run free and they are insanely aggressive. I was chased around quite a bit and developed a pretty bad phobia of large birds. I also developed a fear of dead birds when I was young after I kicked one of the damned peacocks killed it and spent 6 Hours being yelled at by my parents, the Zoo officials, and parents that saw me kill the bitch.

I'm mostly over it know but it fucking took a while to get over it.
I got spurred by roosters a bunch of times as a kid, and developed a fear of them. Doesn't count as a childhood fear though, because I'm still scared of them.

I would still be "crowing" about it if I'd managed to kick one to death. Props.

Gatdam Animal Person

Hot dog!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why, but when I was younger, there was something very unsettling with fans. I did have some reoccuring nightmares with them.

fan1.jpg

Even to this day I have a hard time going to sleep with these happily flowing air around, looking at me weirdly...

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This:

I've posted this before elsewhere, but it fucked with my head.

Holy shit, that was fucking AWESOME! best claymation work i've ever seen, and gives you pause to think even as an adult.

If I had seen that as a child, I think it would have given me a fucking nihlistic complex, or driven me into hyper-religion.

Im downloading this nearly lost gem now, thanks nSFS!

Last edited:

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
Watched The Shining when I was 10. One of my favorite movies now, but 10 year old me was horrified by it, specifically the woman in the bathtub.

Like someone else mentioned (wasps in their case), I got stung by a bee when I was really little and I would get freaked out if there was ever a bee flying around me outside.

I was absolutely horrified of vomiting when I was sick as a kid. I could deal with all the other symptoms, but if I felt nauseous or vomiting was imminent, I would have rather died than actually do it.

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
Laying in bed at night and listening to the steady drip of the bathroom faucet. For some reason I equated this with the sound of footsteps getting closer.

• Feels
Reactions: Count groudon

Oscar Wildean

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's three scenes from Finding Nemo that scared the shit out of me when I first watched it as a kid.
  1. The scene where the shark (can't remember it's name ATM) goes insane and tries to eat them.
  2. The scene where they get attacked by the angler fish.
  3. And the scene where they get swallowed by the whale.
Really, this movie is pretty much the reason why I have a phobia of the ocean.

I had a similar fear of the ocean. Except what made me afraid of it were all the times I'd go out to the waves to body surf and the force of the waves would knock me underwater. I always had to swim to the surface after getting forced down.

I was absolutely horrified of vomiting when I was sick as a kid. I could deal with all the other symptoms, but if I felt nauseous or vomiting was imminent, I would have rather died than actually do it.

I used to run away every time someone vomited near me. That kind of thing always freaked me out.

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
Bruce.

Laying in bed at night and listening to the steady drip of the bathroom faucet. For some reason I equated this with the sound of footsteps getting closer.
Don't worry about the faucet dripping. Worry when it stops for no reason.

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Moths.

I heard a story about a baseball player feeling something weird in his ear during a game. He went to the doctor and it turned out to be a living moth. My bedroom was downstairs and I remember walking halfway down and seeing a moth. I was so terrified I froze in fear and just starting screaming and crying. I was so convinced it was gonna happen to me that it took me years to actually be able to walk past one.

To this day, moths still kind of creep me out.
In some cultures, moths are considered a symbol of death much like butterflies are a symbol of life.

Though I’ll admit I adore moths. Back when I was a kid and I was obsessed with bug catching, moths were my absolute favorite. But I can see why people would be creeped out by them.

Balaam

kiwifarms.net
I was never afraid of shit when I was little. I watched slasher films starting at like age 5 and generally loved creepy stuff. Until I watched the Ring. That was the only thing that scared me as a kid. I stayed up for 3 days straight afterwards and nothing could console or convince me that little girl wasn't about to crawl out of the tv in my room.

• Agree
Reactions: Count groudon

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just remembered one: Dragonflies.

as a very little kid I liked dragonflies, until a kid told me that one killed his grandmother by stabbing its tail into her eye and poisoning her, because when her body was found there was dragonfly on her corpse. That was good enough for me to fear them for years until I forgot about it.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
I used to be really scared of the drains on the bottom of pools.

I saw on the news or 20/20 or some shit about how some people would end up sitting on them while the pool was draining or something and the extreme pressure/suction would suck all their internal organs out of their ass.

I don't know why, but when I was younger, there was something very unsettling with fans. I did have some reoccuring nightmares with them.

Even to this day I have a hard time going to sleep with these happily flowing air around, looking at me weirdly...
Don't feel bad. Almost every South Korean person is afraid of sleeping with the fan on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Last edited:

Miel67

PFurrie and MAP hater
kiwifarms.net
In a swimming class afterwards they forced me and my cousin to jump off the 12 ft diving pool.
So to an extent I'm still scared of heights. Conversely I'm not scared of flying at all since I traveled a lot as a kid.

OvercookedBacon

Ever so slightly burnt
kiwifarms.net
In a swimming class afterwards they forced me and my cousin to jump off the 12 ft diving pool.
So to an extent I'm still scared of heights. Conversely I'm not scared of flying at all since I traveled a lot as a kid.
Same. I'm absolutely terrified of heights, but I'm not scared at all when flying. Odd, huh?

When I was like ten or so, I listened almost religiously to Rick Dees' weekly top 40, and they would use the THX Deep Note in some of their bumpers. Try being half asleep on a Sunday night as a kid and hearing that lllllllooouuud SOUUUUUND!!! out of nowhere.

• Informative
Reactions: Miel67
Tags
None