Things you learned/understood now that ruined things of your childhood -

Monika H.

Digging 'cause all good boys are dead
True & Honest Fan
Something about your favorite cartoon/anime/videogame that changed your view of it?
It happened with me and I'm gonna sue IW for undue anguish.
Jokes aside, today I learned a very weird thing.
I was playing MW3 with my sister-in-law and she casually mentioned how the game caused outrage here when it came out.
You'd ask, because the Russians invade Prague in a mission?
No, because the Russians that you fight for almost all the game actually wear Czech army uniforms.
She even got out her old jacket (she was an army engineer) to show me, and it's freaking identical.
Activision fucking mismashed Russian emblems with other countries stuff.
Russian_soldier_Survival_Special_Ops_Modern_Warfare_3.jpg
WP_20190509_22_45_10_Pro (2).jpg

Last edited:

Monika H.

Digging 'cause all good boys are dead
True & Honest Fan
Maybe not necessarily ruined, but watching Disneys the jungle book these days, knowing that alot of people jerk off to pictures of Kaa makes me feel weird everytime i watch the movie these days.

The live action movie version didn't help things either.
You mean the pictures on Deviantart with him strangling random people or the guy who wrote a 40 pages fanfiction of Kaa strangling and sucking him off?

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
I'd really have to say that TV shows I grew up watching I can barely watch now without cringing.

Avatar the Last Airbender was nearly ruined for me when I learned of the crazy fandom while Legend of Korra was airing.

Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Rugrats, Ed, Edd, N Eddy is ruined by stupid hipsters that wanna act like enjoying these shows is some sort of cool and hip underground sort of thing.

And of course, Deviantart and furries ruined a lot of shows and movies I used to enjoy growing up.

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
None of my childhood entertainment has been ruined for me because I either don't care about or disavow things when they turn to shit. #NotMyStarWars

In terms of "adult knowledge" it mostly doesn't come up, but knowing Yellow Submarine was a drug trip in movie form amuses me because I watched it when I was very young.

P

PT 940

kiwifarms.net
I used to really enjoy watching special features on DVDs and learning all the stuff about how movies were made. I used to research movies I liked a lot when I was younger and some of the stuff you find out, generally speaking, makes you see the movies differently. And it sucks to learn when certain actors really hated each other but couldn't get out of contracts and had to be together every day and get treated badly, etc. It really takes the shine off of them, so to speak.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
I used to really enjoy watching special features on DVDs and learning all the stuff about how movies were made. I used to research movies I liked a lot when I was younger and some of the stuff you find out, generally speaking, makes you see the movies differently. And it sucks to learn when certain actors really hated each other but couldn't get out of contracts and had to be together every day and get treated badly, etc. It really takes the shine off of them, so to speak.

I remember seeing a lot of those kinds of interviews on those special edition DVDs and I remember kind of remarking to someone (brother? can't remember) that kid-me, with no job experience or anything, probably wouldn't get why you'd work with people you couldn't stand.