Culture This State Could Become the First Without an Abortion Clinic - The State of Missouri vs. Planned Parenthood

The Last Stand

Just enjoying the holiday snow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love how people act like there's NO WAY they can get an abortion if the clinic ain't in their zipcode
I can't remember exactly where, but @TowinKarz made a point of trying to register for a gun only for the state to close all but one but it was several miles away.

Or how about during Jim Crow where in predominately minority communities, the only voting booth in the area is miles away? And jump through hoops just to vote.

Imagine a fundamental right being taken away from you because only one accessible is far away to the point where it's an inconvenience.

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
I know this is borderline trollposting, but it does raise a genuine question in my mind; why are abortion clinics even vaguely necessary for rape-related cases? Wouldn't just popping a morning-after pill work in the vast majority of incidents? Seems like a fairly standard thing to me. 'Hey, you just got some unwanted wood; want a pill to make sure there aren't any complications with that?'
IIRC a number of pro-life advocates are trying/have tried to make that illegal as well, and even outside of that push for it to not be available over-the-counter or for sale to anyone underage.
Ironically, I tried to figure out what the current state of the law is re: plan-B in Missouri and fucking California has more legislation related to it than Missouri does, according to the NCSL.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine a fundamental right being taken away from you because only one accessible is far away to the point where it's an inconvenience.
I'm with you, I stand corrected.
But at the same time, abortion steps WAY over the line elsewhere in America. Shit like aborting live babies that have been born? That's too much, it makes me root for shit like this.

If one living human being is murdered needlessly because the mother who carried it to term AND birthed it has suddenly decided she didn't want it? I can't get behind the system that enables that, no matter what.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Lmao and what, you think you need planned parenthood for that? You can't figure that out on your own?
Well, I don't, and neither do most well educated people who can do research, but "some people" would have an better time talking to someone who knows about that kind of thing, then doing the research themselves.

In the future, it might be able to help remove some genetic diseases, but by then you might be able to do that yourself too.

dinoman

awoo~
kiwifarms.net
Well, I don't, and neither do most well educated people who can do research, but "some people" would have an better time talking to someone who knows about that kind of thing, then doing the research themselves.

In the future, it might be able to help remove some genetic diseases, but by then you might be able to do that yourself too.
It seems to me that you don't need to be particularly well educated, or even do research, to understand that if you're making less than a certain amount of money, maybe not a good idea to have another mouth to feed. I would be suprised anybody who doesn't understand that very basic concept would have trouble dressing themselves in the morning, let alone the forethought to go to planned parenthood to ask about whether or not they should have children.

Of course 'certain people' do it anyway because of our hideous social welfare programs that incentivize such self-destructive behavior. It's not that they don't understand, they do, they just don't care. No sense of personal responsibility.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
This is a shame because Missouri is one state that definitely needs more abortions. Everytime I drive through there and see the people I think that. Kentucky as well.
You'd think the more pro smoking attitude there would help. Kinda cool to have a place where you can still hotbox your kids.

Lemmingwise

Oyakodon
kiwifarms.net
IIRC a number of pro-life advocates are trying/have tried to make that illegal as well, and even outside of that push for it to not be available over-the-counter or for sale to anyone underage.
Ironically, I tried to figure out what the current state of the law is re: plan-B in Missouri and fucking California has more legislation related to it than Missouri does, according to the NCSL.
And on the other side of the isle there's the people that are building the academic groundwork to make post-birth abortions legal, up to weeks after birth.

permissable.PNG

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
I'm at the point where I just wish we could admit that we're talking about killing babies. Justify it how you want, make your excuses, etc., but let's not kid ourselves about what's at issue here; we're killing babies. It's a small thing, but it seems important.
I mean, there is no real line there, but if it's safer to remove the fetus then terminate it, that should be done, and with better tech, that might become earlier and earlier.

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
I'm at the point where I just wish we could admit that we're talking about killing babies. Justify it how you want, make your excuses, etc., but let's not kid ourselves about what's at issue here; we're killing babies. It's a small thing, but it seems important.
I'm generally pro choice because I continue to believe in the "safe, legal and rare" meme, but I will readily admit pro-choice activism has really accelerated into death cult/rationalizing the realities of what's involved/having an abortion is a feminist statement territory way too much.

They and the LGBT movement in #CurrentYear are leaping at the opportunity to prove every slippery slope argument Limbaugh made in the 1990's completely correct.

Lemmingwise

Oyakodon
kiwifarms.net
but I will readily admit pro-choice activism has really accelerated into death cult/rationalizing the realities of what's involved/having an abortion is a feminist statement territory way too much.
That's how it kinda started too. Margaret Sanger didn't like black people and white degenerates (the bad white seed in her words), so planned parenthood right from the outset was a eugenics operation and succesfully put more abortion clinics in african american neighborhoods than other places in the US. This goal is mostly unchanged.

I mean what is 13% but also receives 36% percent of all US abortions?

In her own words:

margaret.PNG

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Consuming Vast Amounts of Lebkuchen
kiwifarms.net
Way I see it, the reason abortion will never be a closed issue is because both sides are arguing different things.
Pro-Life is arguing that abortion is the murder of an innocent life, and therefore should be done at most when the mothers life or psychical health is at risk.
Pro-Choice sees it as an issue of bodily autonomy, where the fetus is more like a tumor than anything and the mother should be able to abort whenever she chooses. An argument being that a child being raised by an ill-equipped parent suffers more than a fetus does.
For every point, there is a counter.
Use protection. Protection doesn't always work.
Rape and incest. Statistically the vast minority.
Outlawing it would push women to do them in unsafe ways. That's the case with every law we have banning something be it drugs, guns, anything.
A fetus has life. When does life actually start, what's the line?
It's no one's business but the mother's. Is it anyone's business if I kill my roommate then?
A fetus is not alive until birth. Then why would killing a pregnant woman land me with a double-homicide?
You knew sex results in pregnancy, but you took the chance. Everyone has made mistakes in life.
Men shouldn't have an opinion on a women's issue. Then women shouldn't have an opinion on child support issues.
etc. etc.
What really annoys me is how it's framed as a "men vs women" issue when there are both sexes on both sides for various reasons.

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
kiwifarms.net
>poor southern states outlaw abortion
>population of white trash and melanated individuals explodes
>democrats win historic landslide elections in formerly heavily red states

good job you fucking r.etards. you just encouraged the last people in the world who would vote for you to breed.
but hey, i'm sure godjesus is happy at least.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the worst part is there's unfortunately a shitload of abortion places that really are dismal shitholes that just want to get as many through the door as possible, and this sort of thing makes it even harder to get real regulation or improvements on anything

Token Weaboo

We're here to liberate you, stop resisting
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm with you, I stand corrected.
But at the same time, abortion steps WAY over the line elsewhere in America. Shit like aborting live babies that have been born? That's too much, it makes me root for shit like this.

If one living human being is murdered needlessly because the mother who carried it to term AND birthed it has suddenly decided she didn't want it? I can't get behind the system that enables that, no matter what.
This will absolutely piss you off. A medical ethics journal saying it's alright to abort a child until it's able to retain memory or become more self aware. Basically the first few years of your life you don't ever recall happening could be interpreted as abortion.

Killing an unborn baby is disgusting, but holding the child and birthing it for it to be killed is just as bad if not worse. I hate it, it's all the killing of babies. Except the world works on compromising, but what the journal says and other states laws are on abortion are fat beyond a compromise.

Lemmingwise

Oyakodon
kiwifarms.net
Pro-Life is arguing that abortion is the murder of an innocent life, and therefore should be done at most when the mothers life or psychical health is at risk.
Pro-Choice sees it as an issue of bodily autonomy, where the fetus is more like a tumor than anything and the mother should be able to abort whenever she chooses. An argument being that a child being raised by an ill-equipped parent suffers more than a fetus does.
Yes, pro-life talks about moral principles and pro-choice talks about sociology (the results of having unwanted kids in society).

Honest Coyote

What happens on Santa's lap, stays on Santa's lap
kiwifarms.net
I also support abortion as a last resort, but realistically 99% of pregnancies can comfortably be avoided. There are condoms, pills, diaphragms, and even oral sex instead. I'd be a lot more pro-choice if it was people advocating the old "safe and rare" meme. Instead, you have hags like Lena Dunham delighting in antagonizing the right and acting like it's empowerment, instead of traumatic.

I do have one question: if a woman has a choice, and having a baby costs more, the woman is choosing to have additional bills. Why are we supposed to pay more for welfare spawns if they chose to have these expenses?

Semi-off topic: A great way to not worry about being abandoned by the father: Don't raw dog with losers.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino