Thoughts about DSP's Psychology - Dr Fred Freud's Office

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the thread where we can discuss aspects of psychology, behavior and the human brain.

Pro tip: Probably no actual psychologist would ever post on this website unless they were under the influence of meth so take anything written with a grain of salt, its unlikely that anyone here is anything more than an armchair psychologist.

Some of the previous armchair diagnosis's that have been discussed include:
  • Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Histrionic Personality Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder
  • Autism (surprised I forgot this and it had to actually be suggested)
If you want anything added to the OP, feel free to request it.

One more thing to keep in mind is that most of the psychological shit was developed a few decades back. There is very good reason to assume that the behavior of someone who barely socializes/goes outside would modify a lot of things.

Last edited:

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Hysteric Personality Disorder
Did you mean Histrionic personality disorder? Because a big component of that is acting provocative/sexual for attention and imagining that with Phil is :horrifying::horrifying::horrifying::horrifying::horrifying::horrifying: (I guess this'd go along with the "Phil masturbated on stream on purpose for attention" theory though)

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Obligatory :autism: request.
Wow. Can't believe I forgot that one.

Did you mean Histrionic personality disorder? Because a big component of that is acting provocative/sexual for attention and imagining that with Phil is :horrifying::horrifying::horrifying::horrifying::horrifying::horrifying: (I guess this'd go along with the "Phil masturbated on stream on purpose for attention" theory though)
Yes I did. Corrected.
I put it there because a lot of Phil's shtick involves his use of "somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention". This includes stuff like his bad back, throat, sinus issues etc which always seem to be around.

Xerxes IX

kiwifarms.net
Yes I did. Corrected.
I put it there because a lot of Phil's shtick involves his use of "somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention". This includes stuff like his bad back, throat, sinus issues etc which always seem to be around.
I'd also argue that he also wants to be the center of attention a lot, i.e. getting mad when his fans dare to use his forums/stream chat to talk about a topic that isn't him.

BeanieGuy

goutai uta
kiwifarms.net
The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks with his face covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. Wheeler's incompetence was based on his misunderstanding the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink.[2]
oh kham ahn how was I supposed to know that lemon juice didn't actually make mah face invisibile? AHK AHK AHK AHK AHK AHK
Fuckin chemical bugged meccanics

The_MmmBop_Gang

kiwifarms.net
I think he's such a compulsive liar that he's even faking his "sinus and throat issues" because he thinks it gives him an excuse for days like today. To the point where he maintains the ruse by snorting and clearing the phlegm from his throat in every stream, almost like a tic, on purpose. He went four god damn hours for that gay Twitch thing without a single obnoxious SNORTTTTT when he normally makes it a point to lean into the fucking microphone to punctuate the ends of his sentences with the shit.

The only reason I can think of as to why he'd do this, though, is so he can randomly take any day off of "work" when he has something destroy his mood to the point where he can't even muster the energy to play video games.

Xerxes IX

kiwifarms.net
So basically when everyone you meet is a sociopath, then maybe you're the sociopath.

That Twitch stream really showed it's within his ability to be a decent person (you can say it makes his kahntent boring but that's another thing entirely) when he tries. He's either too lazy to or doesn't give a fuck enough to not be a disgusting asshole when doing something that he sees as his full time job.

Pointandlaugh

Lookin' for the good stuff
kiwifarms.net
So basically when everyone you meet is a sociopath, then maybe you're the sociopath.

That Twitch stream really showed it's within his ability to be a decent person (you can say it makes his kahntent boring but that's another thing entirely) when he tries. He's either too lazy to or doesn't give a fuck enough to not be a disgusting asshole when doing something that he sees as his full time job.
Most of it is laziness, he knows he's got a gullible fanbase to pick up the pieces.

The stream he did for Twitchcon or another stream? The twitchcon stream was fake, he had to look and sound 'professional' for the big event, even with the trolling.

However he did share his condolence to Alice from the SoK when she died compared to Fred.

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This is only tangentially related to DSP's psychology, but still relevant in terms of discussing some aspects of that:
He hasn't ever traveled internationally, he doesn't seem to have any relationships with people, he doesn't travel in his own city/town more than a few yards away from his house, he pretty much wasn't even aware of Netflix until about a month ago.

His 'comfort zone' seems to remain very consistent, this can be seen easily with things like banning/blocking people who are inconvenient as well as deleting games that he doesn't like. Never mind that he never seems to go anywhere and spends the majority of his current life either playing games/streaming or sitting on his sofa watching TV.

It can also be seen with his cooking/food where a large number of his meals seem to be from the same restaurants or the same recipe. While some of this is possibly down to budget, its obvious he isn't really trying out new things in the kitchen very often.

Phil is either incapable of moving outside of his safe zone, or through previous bad experiences in life has withdrawn into the space where he is now. Although he perhaps pictured the famous move to Washington as being transformative in his life, he clearly hasn't been able to (or hasn't wanted to) move outside of his well traveled comfort zone.

It's even easier to see this when it comes to big decisions that he has so far refused to make (for instance, selling the CT condo) and have ended up ballooning in severity. I'm thinking its possible that he might just have a habit of internally turning small issues into giant issues and hasn't yet learned a proper method in how to deal with things.

That's probably the main reason why his videos are boring when he tries to act polite/normal, he's just a boring person who's only claim to fame is some obscure fighting game championship (to add to that its a 4th place title). He isn't well-traveled, well-read or even very good at speaking. Due to the longevity of Phil's YouTube career, he's basically never experienced anything that would force him to adapt at any point in recent history. Things like anxiety/fear/sadness/unhappiness are all normal human emotions which usually make humans adapt to new situations as best as they can. When someone stays in their comfort zone for so long, its obviously only a matter of time until everything they experience becomes negative.

The highlight of his life seems to be the very few instances where he has to go outside or deal with something outside of his control (such as the fire detector inspector man and powerwashing his driveway). When you have no control of anything in your life you're pretty much helpless.

It's little surprise to see Phil become exhausted by his current line of 'work'. It's pretty much the only thing he does. Besides watching wrassling and tv/movies he doesn't seem to have any other hobbies or interests for himself.

FrankPentangeli

kiwifarms.net
This is the closest so far. I know King of Pols amateur diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is shared by a few but could it be that he has no disorder? that he's just a huge fucking asshole? So big of an asshole the people in his life regularly see him for what he is and ditch him making him even angrier with the world and a bigger asshole each time.

scorptatious

from an officially dead franchise
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well I'd imagine he's pretty depressed.

Your "job" is just recording yourself playing video games and putting up on the internet where most of the people who come to watch you come to laugh at how bad you are, absolutely hate your guts and want you to die, or are so mentally and emotionally deficient that they're throwing away money to keep you going.

You alienate your friends and fans and treat them like garbage.

The one girl who was willing to put up with your bullshit up and left you alone in that big empty house.

You rarely go outside and do stuff besides playing vidya and making videos of you stuffing your face with shitty food.

You're aging pretty badly.

You got caught masturbating in front of god knows how many viewers.

Your only claim to fame was when you got fourth place in a shitty port of a popular fighting game that nobody credible wanted to play.

You're probably not going to find a job due to your huge unemployment gap and lack of skills and experience in well... anything once the whole DSP thing isn't profitable anymore due to over saturation in the online gaming field and when the few people who support you stop giving you paymetons.

And when all is said and done, people will move on from you. Your only "legacy" is thousands and thousands of videos showing the world what a sad sad person you are. You will be forgotten, and no one will really miss you.

I'd be having an existential crisis if I were him.

Jmboote

"I didn't die, you just remembered it wrong."
kiwifarms.net
Something perhaps a bit more relevant now that he's alone, that I think should be added, is paranoia.

Let me explain. Recently, Phil has become increasingly more volatile and distrusting, to the point where unless you're a super-fan (AKA someone who gives him lots of money and would give your life for Phil's honour), he's immediately wary of if you're a detractor/troll.

Examples being when someone in the stream chat commented during Phil's daily whine about life being hard and not having time for anything. Word for word, they posted - "Phil I lost my lil brother very recently. I can still function and eat. What is wrong with some noodles, or eggs, or hell even cheese on toast man". To which Phil responds by immediately questioning his legitimacy and assuming that he's just lying to "get him".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t7PslOOnjI

He then brings up this same situation the following day (because why not?), and then slams the guy for "baiting him" and how he only did it to make him look bad. So it's not a heat of the moment answer. He seriously thinks it was nothing more than bait, and that even if it was true, the guy was using it to make him look weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjYuR3ZuMEM

Another example is when he gets asked about his "most hurtful moments", and ignoring how he blatantly lies about several people "betraying" him (the truth being that he betrayed them), he makes an interesting comment where he mentions that he's actually scared of making new friends and getting into another relationship because he's worried that he'll be stabbed in the back again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIMgMnfWzVY

He may not have had it before, but I genuinely think he's developed a severe case of paranoia, if he's assuming things to this level and refusing to have any sort of relationships/friendships in real life because he's afraid of being "betrayed".

Last edited:

NursezillaX

kiwifarms.net
I don't know how you would classify it in terms of a psychological diagnosis, but the thing that strikes me most about Phil is his complete delusion in regards to the 'demands' of his daily routine and 'job'. He has given a rundown of his typical day a few times, and his account of it as constant, unending and physically taxing movement and work (saying most recently after explaining how challenging finding time to make a proper meal is) is that he has 'worked for 12 straight hours'.

Now, not to power level, but as a Registered Nurse who works 12 hour shifts, this is absolutely mind blowing to me to hear someone lay out the type of day and routine that he has and present it as a 12-hour 'work' day as anyone else who works that kind of schedule would know it.

Again, I don't know how you would diagnosis that in a psychological context, but the sheer martyrdom and struggle with which he tries to pass off his daily 'grind' as is one of the most frustrating aspects of his personality to try and reconcile with any other average person.

How can someone be THIS overwhelmed by a schedule that most people would see as vacation type time? How can someone explain, the way he has, their troubles with something so fundamentally basic as FEEDING themselves and be so lacking in any degree of self-awareness as to how ridiculous and disconnected from reality it sounds?

And it's EVERYTHING. Whether it be preparing a meal, maintaining a cleanly home, cleaning a driveway, getting a haircut, etc... This dude presents every mundane, basic daily task to his viewers as a monumental challenge and, if he actually succeeds in accomplishing it, some epic victory of will and determination. And, even more surprisingly, how does he have anyone left at this point, who isn't a literal child, that can continually listen to this without comparing it to the likely ACTUAL challenges and demands on their time or on themselves, professionally and personally, in their OWN life and not be so disgusted and / or legitimately offended to have not tuned out by now?? And remember, he is constantly chiding people about his 'adult' problems and how he is 'not a kid' and these are the things you have to deal with 'when you grow up'!

This all seems real, too. I genuinely think that he struggles with these fundamental tasks of daily life to the extent that he communicates to his viewers and that, in his mind, these are REAL struggles! To watch someone in their mid-30s barely handle playing video games, poorly, whilst getting paid handsomely to do so, almost entirely fan-funded, without devolving into an emotional, sleepless, unhealthy mess is the most vexing and frustrating part of observing him over these years.

Feline Darkmage

Gay Anime Cat
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People have said before that he's not autistic but I say that he definitely has some similar symptoms, mainly revolving around his lack of ability to socialize with other people and his short temper.

NSA

kiwifarms.net
I think he is trapped in a cycle of gouty destruction by his laziness and because he has a terribly fragile ego. The things that are at the root of all his cow behavior are those things. If he could admit mistakes and make proactive improvements people would overlook his shitty gameplay or personal problems.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino