Thoughts about DSP's Psychology - Dr Fred Freud's Office

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

HansGruber

Exceptional Theif
kiwifarms.net
I read a lot about Phil's ego and narcissism, which are apparent and rampant throughout all of his posts and videos, but I am very interested in one aspect of his behavior that is often left aside. DSP is a nervous person. Or at least seems to me as though he is and is trying to mask it over with these other more overt personality flaws. I think, and I base this on a few factors I'll mention, that under it all, Phil is a nervous wreck of a human being. I am not just talking about his financials, but his self image, growing up into adulthood, and social interactions. My proof is of course up for debate since it's all based on nothing more than patterns I've read up on and personally observed.

His childhood stories often involve some kind of inequality for himself. Like when he got "the most coal". He views everything as though it were swayed against him. His general outlook on things is both that he deserves more because he didn't have it and should, and that when it rains on him it doesn't just poor, it's a god damned torrential coastal storm. It's never you win some you lose some with him. Friends have "cast" him out, family has disappointed him, and the big bad government has everything mounted against his ever succeeding. To me, this blatant paranoia blossomed from a nervous child growing up being hand held for far too long. Almost like he was I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME off his mother's teet, only instead of Mother's tard cum, its personal accountability. It's shocking he is not full blown agoraphobic by now.

Now I am not defending him in any way just noticing patterns. As it was very well stated before, Phil's entire existence is based on his need for sympathy and ego boosts. He is a sad clown who doesn't know how to interact with people and is the master of his own destruction.

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I read a lot about Phil's ego and narcissism, which are apparent and rampant throughout all of his posts and videos, but I am very interested in one aspect of his behavior that is often left aside. DSP is a nervous person. Or at least seems to me as though he is and is trying to mask it over with these other more overt personality flaws. I think, and I base this on a few factors I'll mention, that under it all, Phil is a nervous wreck of a human being. I am not just talking about his financials, but his self image, growing up into adulthood, and social interactions. My proof is of course up for debate since it's all based on nothing more than patterns I've read up on and personally observed.

His childhood stories often involve some kind of inequality for himself. Like when he got "the most coal". He views everything as though it were swayed against him. His general outlook on things is both that he deserves more because he didn't have it and should, and that when it rains on him it doesn't just poor, it's a god damned torrential coastal storm. It's never you win some you lose some with him. Friends have "cast" him out, family has disappointed him, and the big bad government has everything mounted against his ever succeeding. To me, this blatant paranoia blossomed from a nervous child growing up being hand held for far too long. Almost like he was I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME off his mother's teet, only instead of Mother's tard cum, its personal accountability. It's shocking he is not full blown agoraphobic by now.

Now I am not defending him in any way just noticing patterns. As it was very well stated before, Phil's entire existence is based on his need for sympathy and ego boosts. He is a sad clown who doesn't know how to interact with people and is the master of his own destruction.
There was something posted about how he claimed to be extremely insecure privately to Rambo John or some shit in the megathread, which would explain a lot.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There was something posted about how he claimed to be extremely insecure privately to Rambo John or some shit in the megathread, which would explain a lot.
I believe he tells the story himself in this video. People were saying John was great in Project 7 so Phil got jealous and made a video where he claimed that he wrote all John's lines. John explains what happens when he confronts Phil. The whole thing is worth a listen.

Last edited:

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seems like an ADHD spedboy who never got his pills. That and he seems pretty anxious. Untreated anxiety can make people exhibit a ton of shitty behaviours (no, Phil isn't a sociopath, you dipshits.)

Monday Michiru

The Washing of Dishes
kiwifarms.net
My personal take is that DSP is a sociopath, and probably also has NPD. It's the answer that makes the most sense in my eyes. The manipulation, the evasion of responsibility, the anger spikes (gout farts) all have a place within that theory. It also provides us with a framework that helps understand his actions, but not always predict them, since sociopathic brazenness is a unique quality.

Only problem is, aren't sociopaths supposed to have been denied affection during a critical period of childhood? As far as we know Phil's parents were good people.

Narcissists are very troubled people. Insecure wrecks for whom EVERYTHING they do is a compensation, or a comparison to some ideal they'll never achieve.

He must honestly mention dicks, cocks, and assplay at least 50 times a stream. Even when I was a little boy I didn't think that shit was funny enough to make jokes about it every single time I opened my mouth. Deranged is a good way to put it.
Now here's something interesting: both sociopathy and narcissism have higher incidence in gay men.
Really makes you think.

HansGruber

Exceptional Theif
kiwifarms.net
My personal take is that DSP is a sociopath, and probably also has NPD. It's the answer that makes the most sense in my eyes. The manipulation, the evasion of responsibility, the anger spikes (gout farts) all have a place within that theory. It also provides us with a framework that helps understand his actions, but not always predict them, since sociopathic brazenness is a unique quality.

Only problem is, aren't sociopaths supposed to have been denied affection during a critical period of childhood? As far as we know Phil's parents were good people.

Narcissists are very troubled people. Insecure wrecks for whom EVERYTHING they do is a compensation, or a comparison to some ideal they'll never achieve.

Now here's something interesting: both sociopathy and narcissism have higher incidence in gay men.
Really makes you think.
In your opinion, do you think Phil premeditates his (0ver)reactions to things, as in he is in control of his emotions and manipulates people intentionally? Or is it more a matter of his inability to accept fault for things and is saying out loud what he also thinks in his head? I'm not wording this very well, so hopefully my questions make sense.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mooty Mooty Mooty

Monday Michiru

The Washing of Dishes
kiwifarms.net
In your opinion, do you think Phil premeditates his (0ver)reactions to things, as in he is in control of his emotions and manipulates people intentionally? Or is it more a matter of his inability to accept fault for things and is saying out loud what he also thinks in his head? I'm not wording this very well, so hopefully my questions make sense.
A very good question. I would say for things related to his ego DSP just lets fly with excuses for why he can't be at fault, but for the other stuff? All premeditated.

Not to say that things can't become related to ego in Phil's eyes. Like this shower video was for some reason, to the point that DSP felt the need to lie about it for fun yesterday.

NiggoPls

Le Poo-Poo Sprinkles
kiwifarms.net
He may not have had it before, but I genuinely think he's developed a severe case of paranoia, if he's assuming things to this level and refusing to have any sort of relationships/friendships in real life because he's afraid of being "betrayed".
There's also the very likely possibility that his paranoia isn't completely unfounded. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there who genuinely love to smash his face in, given the chance and opportunity. If nothing else, just because of his grandstanding about how strong he is and what a fighter he is. I'm sure there's someone out there just itching to "teach him a lesson" or some dumb shit like that.

The only question that remains is how stupid Phil actually is and whether or not he actually realizes this.

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net
There's also the very likely possibility that his paranoia isn't completely unfounded. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there who genuinely love to smash his face in, given the chance and opportunity. If nothing else, just because of his grandstanding about how strong he is and what a fighter he is. I'm sure there's someone out there just itching to "teach him a lesson" or some dumb shit like that.

The only question that remains is how stupid Phil actually is and whether or not he actually realizes this.
That's the thing about Phil's detractors, they are unusually active with him. Other cows i check in on every so often and people tend to just report on them. But the people around Phil like to get involved in his life. Thats a pretty good basis for paranoia in my opinion.

He's still a cunt though.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
That's the thing about Phil's detractors, they are unusually active with him. Other cows i check in on every so often and people tend to just report on them. But the people around Phil like to get involved in his life. Thats a pretty good basis for paranoia in my opinion.

He's still a cunt though.
Play shitty games, get shitty prizes. If he's a bottom of the barrel toxic asshole then it's no surprise when he attracts asshole detractors.

rizlajizzla

A collective regime of peace and love.
kiwifarms.net
Even though he yells all the time, his affect is actually really flat. If you watch his eyes, there is nothing. I have seen him almost cry in pure self pity and seen him get flickers of serious rage, and a blind man could recognize his lying face, but I see very little actual human emotion other than being a bitch. I would bet my left leg on NPD. And I am genuinely afraid for his girlfriend. Men as fragile as Phil get mean, quick.

This+

kiwifarms.net
I really like how Phil constantly touts the "I've been doing this for 10 years now" and actually believes his past and "experience" is anything of value on a platform where whatever is new will almost always be more popular than old, established channels.

My friend was in color guard (the flag/prop rifle spinners who march with the school marching band during sports events) and she talked about one of the girls who graduated but couldn't let go of her high school past as one of the guards, and kept visiting the school to "relive" it. Phil reminds me of one of those people who can't let go of their past relevancy and just expects people to retain what he was so many years ago.

Phil crying to Machinima support is prime example, he still thinks he was entitled to priority support because he's been with them for 8 years at the time.

• Agree

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ADHD is something I heavily doubt. The H stands for Hyperactivity. There is nothing hyper about that sloth.
ADHD ≠ ADD

There are different types too:
  • inattentive type
  • hyperactive-impulsive type
  • combination type
Basically when it comes to children there's a lot of doubt when it comes to ADD diagnoses but for adults its a bit different. There's plenty of criticism about how many children were diagnosed in recent time, but there are also a fair number of adults who only ever got diagnosed later in life.

My understanding of the tests for it is that its similar to an IQ test except they look for differences between "types" of intelligence (like written versus auditory).

So if they're all low, you dumb.
If they're all high, then you smart (but probably still dumb).

But if there is a severe imbalance along with a lot of other shit (history, life experience) then that means u got da ADD and u get da magical medicine or at least can work on improving it. They also look for your general quality of life and whether ADD is something that severely affects your happiness.

Citation (I'm using Wiki because its easy, but there's plenty of other sources out there):
upload_2018-2-21_4-30-53.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

Read that and tell me about 90% of the adult things don't relate to DSP.

Another thing about ADHD/ADD is that its some sort of vegan-conspiracy theory type disease.
In reality its actually something that shows up on brain scans (the video is from MIT, which I'd say is a reputable source):

"In people without ADHD, when the mind is unfocused, there is a distinctive synchrony of activity in brain regions known as the default mode network. Previous studies have shown that in children and adults with ADHD, two major hubs of this network — the posterior cingulate cortex and the medial prefrontal cortex — no longer synchronize."
http://mcgovern.mit.edu/news/news/inside-the-adult-adhd-brain/

Last edited:

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
During a parody video featuring Phil's Project 7 promo action shots his body language was screaming out that he literally has zero self-confidence. It was quite striking. I almost never see footage of him standing and moving around, but here he's doing full body action shots; walking into frame; performing an action like striking something, fending something off, reaction poses and mugs to the camera; then walking out of frame, sometimes quickly/pretend running.

The entire time he has his shoulders lowered, shoulders slumped forwards, neck hunched down and forwards, chest closed off/ribcage caved in. It was really the juxtaposition of maintaining this posture while he's trying to project confidence at the camera with just his face or face + arms crossed. Try to mimic his body posture and then fully maintain it while throwing a punch, striking out with an axe, crossing your arms while nodding and frowning trying to project you are a badassmofo; it's comical, but it's his reality. The man hasn't even a single shred of self-confidence.

lol and now I'm reminded of the clip of him shrinking down and squirming on the couch when Leanna came in demanding sex from him.

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
So I was making breakfast a few minutes ago and thought to myself:

"Huh. Suddenly I remember that Phil said he is 'much more mature than before' (I think it was on Twitter). How exactly did that happen? Physical maturity, yes sure, you can't stop that. But intellectual maturity happens when you challenge your mind and adjust yourself to the society. It happens when you start to see patterns and learn how the world around you works. This can happen at any age. There are kids who are more mature than most adults. There are very young people who mature in a very fast rate just by being critical of their surrounding. It's a change you need to be forced to, through changing environments, changes in your lifestyle, forced to be responsible with you and other people. It's a process that makes you as a person better. And you can clearly see that!
And now look at Phil. Same shithead as ever. No, even a bigger shithead. Just because he has a girlfriend and a blink of human contact now and collects his tax material, doesn't mean he is now more mature. He never learned anything from his surroundings, never improved himself. He just lives in his closed La-La-Land-Bubble where he receives no inputs except Twitch chat (just a reminder: He said his community is now much more Pahsitive as soon as he deactivated comments). So how did that maturity happen?
Phil, you aren't more mature, dood. You are more ignorant. This is a big difference and the exact opposite of "maturity" but with the same feel of accomplishment. There is no change to be seen. Knowing Kat doesn't make you bigger, better, stronger. But even if: Woow, congratulations for finally going mature when you are close to 40."

And then I ate my breakfast. And it was good.

Edit: I think Past-Phil was much more mature. He was able to show respect to games and players, calmed his titties when something went wrong, was able to actually look in the camera instead of drifting away, had no need to flail around like an autistic clown. All of that not every time, but he was at least able to do that. Then the degeneration happened. I mean... maturity... wink wink. If the same Past-Phil would beg today you can be sure he had more money. Because his stories sounded much more credible thanks to his body language and more natural voice.

Last edited:

FrankPentangeli

kiwifarms.net
Edit: I think Past-Phil was much more mature. He was able to show respect to games and players, calmed his titties when something went wrong, was able to actually look in the camera instead of drifting away, had no need to flail around like an autistic clown. All of that not every time, but he was at least able to do that. Then the degeneration happened.
IMO that degeneration was Captain nunchuk creating TIHYDP. Phil has become far worse since the "detractor movement/community™" started, it's no coincidence. If you ask me the I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME shit he's had to put up with since then would change anyone's mental state.

Tags
None