Thoughts about DSP's Psychology - Dr Fred Freud's Office

Jotaro

yare yare *snort*
kiwifarms.net
Can someone tell me how such a dumb person has such a large vocabulary? I find this an odd combination and would love to see someone like Jordan Peterson break DSP down.

He probably went out of his way to improve his vocabulary, it's a pretty efficient way to dupe people into thinking you're more intelligent than you actually are and we know that's one of the things DSP is most passionate about in life - giving off the aura that he's more than he actually is to random people.

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He probably went out of his way to improve his vocabulary, it's a pretty efficient way to dupe people into thinking you're more intelligent than you actually are and we know that's one of the things DSP is most passionate about in life - giving off the aura that he's more than he actually is to random people.

Keep in mind he's actually relatively old compared to his viewing audience. He's been on planet earth twice as a legal adult.

upload_2018-3-5_0-23-55.png

PedoPhil

kiwifarms.net
Can someone tell me how such a dumb person has such a large vocabulary? I find this an odd combination and would love to see someone like Jordan Peterson break DSP down.

Large vocabulary ? I dont want to be an alog but what large vocabulary ?

The same 50 words repeated in a loop ?

(umm, patreon, money, taxes, subs, cheers, fucking piece of shit, moron, snort, nothing i could do, dude, blocking, lag, its not my fault, bottom line is, folks, ok ?, grow up, oh the camera's on, alright, tipped, business, former pro fighting game player, cheating, khantent, phlegm, belch, scuze me ) and so on ...

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
Its kind of interesting that he's never reorganized his setup even once in the time he's been there. There's no experimenting with different stuff, as soon as he got all the shit in there, put up "da soundproofing" that was it.

Phil doesn't like challenge. Challenge generally leads to failure while you learn, adapt and eventually overcome.

Phil comes across as someone who's terrified of change - be it moving the furniture around or learning something new. He sticks to what he has because it's working (for now). Trying something new might lead to failure and he cannot deal with that nor does he know how to adapt.

Prince Lotor

I'm not an eldritch horror! I'm a human being!
kiwifarms.net
Recently while watching Phil deliver a rant about 'Just because people watch doesn't make it qhwality khantent' and the ensuing reaction of 'how does he have zero self-awareness?' I found this video on narcissistic projection. The follow-up to this is usually 'well, on some level he's aware of it, right?' but in this article about recent thinking on the narcissistic personality split between the 'False Self' and the 'True Self' it is put forth that over a certain timespan the 'True Self' is left in a shredded tatters that renders it non-functional, leaving behind only the constructed simulacrum of the 'False Self' that is only able to emulate most emotional responses formulaicly https://www.healthyplace.com/person...cissist-unstable-and-unpredictable-and-deadly

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Recently while watching Phil deliver a rant about 'Just because people watch doesn't make it qhwality khantent' and the ensuing reaction of 'how does he have zero self-awareness?' I found this video on narcissistic projection. The follow-up to this is usually 'well, on some level he's aware of it, right?' but in this article about recent thinking on the narcissistic personality split between the 'False Self' and the 'True Self' it is put forth that over a certain timespan the 'True Self' is left in a shredded tatters that renders it non-functional, leaving behind only the constructed simulacrum of the 'False Self' that is only able to emulate most emotional responses formulaicly https://www.healthyplace.com/person...cissist-unstable-and-unpredictable-and-deadly
Wow, that's a damn good video, I take it to heart. The comment section is also very fascinating. It reads like they all talk about DSP. You are definitely on to something.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
Oh hell, I'll resurrect this to add:

The Diagnostic Interview for Narcissism has the following for grandiosity:
  1. The person exaggerates talents, capacity and achievements in an unrealistic way.
  2. The person believes in his/her invulnerability or does not recognize his/her limitations.
  3. The person has grandiose fantasies.
  4. The person believes that he/she does not need other people.
  5. The person overexamines and downgrades other people, projects, statements, or dreams in an unrealistic manner.
  6. The person regards himself/herself as unique or special when compared to other people.
  7. The person regards himself/herself as generally superior to other people.
  8. The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.
  9. The person behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.
The DSM-5 lists the following symptoms. They don't have to have all of them to qualify:
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
  • Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Need for continual admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitation of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwillingness to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
  • Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Constantly demeans, bullies and belittles others

Now, I've been studying NPD for a few years since everyone likes to sling it at anyone with a strong ego, and it's pretty rare.
However, if Dave has it, I'd wager he's the subtype Unprincipled Narcissist . This mixes in antisocial criteria as well.
Does he have 3 or more of the following:
  • Callous unconcern for the feelings of others;
  • Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations;
  • Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them;
  • Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence;
  • Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment;
  • Marked readiness to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior that has brought the person into conflict with society.

So if you looked at all the above, Dave seems like a narc right? I'm not so sure.

I think he has Borderline Personality Disorder.
Here are some of the symptoms, I've bolded the ones that I think pertain the most to Dave:

• Markedly disturbed sense of identity
  • Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment and extreme reactions
  • Splitting ("black-and-white" thinking)
  • Impulsivity and impulsive or dangerous behaviors (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating).
  • Intense or uncontrollable emotional reactions that often seem disproportionate to the event or situation
  • Unstable and chaotic interpersonal relationships
  • Self-damaging behavior
  • Distorted self-image
  • Dissociation
  • Frequently accompanied by depression, anxiety, anger, substance abuse, or rage
One of the things that lead me to think it's not NPD is the fact that he actually live streams. NPDs are rare, and though vilified they are actually harmless. They strive for perfection, power, good looks. American Psycho, he's a good example. NPDs need to control as much of the situation as possible. And while Dave sounds almost like he is, he's not due to the live streaming. That's just something I don't think someone with NPD could do. They would, however, obsessively edit and perfect their videos. Those with BPD actually believe whatever they are uploading is already perfect and doesn't need to be changed at all. And they have trouble actually seeing a clear picture of their own identity. They don't even really know what they value, believe, prefer and enjoy.
Dave's autistic-like rocking could be viewed under the BPD umbrella as his dissociation. You could even put things like the snorting and such there too - notice that sometimes he hardly does it at all? Any time there's a possibility for an intense emotion, he dissociates by rocking, snorting, acking, or many of his mannerisms.
He also has one of the hallmarks of BPD, rejection sensitivity. Rejection sensitivity is the tendency to "anxiously expect, readily perceive, and overreact" to social rejection.

BPD is thought to be onset due to childhood trauma (Though it can be genetic as well). While sexual abuse is the one everyone goes to, it can actually be any of them - emotional, physical, sexual or verbal.
But the big thing that he's revealed accidentally is parental rejection. His dad, at some point, wrote him off.

It just makes more sense that it's BPD instead of NPD, based on what I know.

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
Oh hell, I'll resurrect this to add:

The Diagnostic Interview for Narcissism has the following for grandiosity:
  1. The person exaggerates talents, capacity and achievements in an unrealistic way.
  2. The person believes in his/her invulnerability or does not recognize his/her limitations.
  3. The person has grandiose fantasies.
  4. The person believes that he/she does not need other people.
  5. The person overexamines and downgrades other people, projects, statements, or dreams in an unrealistic manner.
  6. The person regards himself/herself as unique or special when compared to other people.
  7. The person regards himself/herself as generally superior to other people.
  8. The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.
  9. The person behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.
The DSM-5 lists the following symptoms. They don't have to have all of them to qualify:
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
  • Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Need for continual admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitation of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwillingness to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
  • Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Constantly demeans, bullies and belittles others

Now, I've been studying NPD for a few years since everyone likes to sling it at anyone with a strong ego, and it's pretty rare.
However, if Dave has it, I'd wager he's the subtype Unprincipled Narcissist . This mixes in antisocial criteria as well.
Does he have 3 or more of the following:
  • Callous unconcern for the feelings of others;
  • Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations;
  • Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them;
  • Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence;
  • Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment;
  • Marked readiness to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior that has brought the person into conflict with society.

So if you looked at all the above, Dave seems like a narc right? I'm not so sure.

I think he has Borderline Personality Disorder.
Here are some of the symptoms, I've bolded the ones that I think pertain the most to Dave:

• Markedly disturbed sense of identity
  • Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment and extreme reactions
  • Splitting ("black-and-white" thinking)
  • Impulsivity and impulsive or dangerous behaviors (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating).
  • Intense or uncontrollable emotional reactions that often seem disproportionate to the event or situation
  • Unstable and chaotic interpersonal relationships
  • Self-damaging behavior
  • Distorted self-image
  • Dissociation
  • Frequently accompanied by depression, anxiety, anger, substance abuse, or rage
One of the things that lead me to think it's not NPD is the fact that he actually live streams. NPDs are rare, and though vilified they are actually harmless. They strive for perfection, power, good looks. American Psycho, he's a good example. NPDs need to control as much of the situation as possible. And while Dave sounds almost like he is, he's not due to the live streaming. That's just something I don't think someone with NPD could do. They would, however, obsessively edit and perfect their videos. Those with BPD actually believe whatever they are uploading is already perfect and doesn't need to be changed at all. And they have trouble actually seeing a clear picture of their own identity. They don't even really know what they value, believe, prefer and enjoy.
Dave's autistic-like rocking could be viewed under the BPD umbrella as his dissociation. You could even put things like the snorting and such there too - notice that sometimes he hardly does it at all? Any time there's a possibility for an intense emotion, he dissociates by rocking, snorting, acking, or many of his mannerisms.
He also has one of the hallmarks of BPD, rejection sensitivity. Rejection sensitivity is the tendency to "anxiously expect, readily perceive, and overreact" to social rejection.

BPD is thought to be onset due to childhood trauma (Though it can be genetic as well). While sexual abuse is the one everyone goes to, it can actually be any of them - emotional, physical, sexual or verbal.
But the big thing that he's revealed accidentally is parental rejection. His dad, at some point, wrote him off.

It just makes more sense that it's BPD instead of NPD, based on what I know.
Interesting theory, but from what I understand, people with BPD often will change everything to fit their world view. Everyone else dyes their hair and acts like a muppet? I'll do it too to gain acceptance. Phil however rejects most change. The NPD person will make excuses not to change. Everyone else dyes their hair and acts like a muppet? They must not be as good as me!

Borderline is named that because back in the day they were considered to be not quite full neurotic or full psychotic but bordering on both. Narcissists are not full if themselves like their namesake, they are really quite insecure and use a fake perfect image to protect themselves.

I am no expert, but I would lean towards narcissism rather than BPD. BPD craves love and acceptance whereas NPD demands and expects it. BPD will question themselves and not know the right choice in life. NPD is never wrong and does everything correct. BPD will shave off their goatee to get people to like them NPD will lower the video quality and make "white hair" excuses to keep it.

It's an okay theory, and personality disorders aren't exclusive to each other, but I don't think he has BPD.

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net
Phil fits into NPD I think. He purposely uses a shitty webcam cause he is insecure about his looks. He doesn't want us seeing his flaws in 1080p. He is a mix of NPD and autism. I think autism is worse for only childs. He has nobody to point out his quirks. There is no authority to make phil aware of things, for example that he hasn't changed his office in 4 years at all.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Going to go a little Freud here.

Who's fault is it Phil is going bald? His mother.
Who's fault he has post nasal drip? His smoking mother.
Car accident? Mother. Wedding? Mother. Wolverine? Mother.

Where does his Italian heritage come from? His mother.
Wait, he blamed the car accident on his mom? Or was it that she overreacted to it? Because if it's that she's overreacted then Phil should probably check his story because to hear him tell it he was rear-ended by a semi going 1.5 times the speed of light which caused him to smash through a guardrail and sail over a 150-foot cliff before bursting into flames midair and smashing into the ground so hard he left an impact zone larger than the Barringer Crater.

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
Wait, he blamed the car accident on his mom? Or was it that she overreacted to it? Because if it's that she's overreacted then Phil should probably check his story because to hear him tell it he was rear-ended by a semi going 1.5 times the speed of light which caused him to smash through a guardrail and sail over a 150-foot cliff before bursting into flames midair and smashing into the ground so hard he left an impact zone larger than the Barringer Crater.
His mom told him to never drive on that road. Since he was a teenage rebel he drove on that road to defy her.

She also went to the hospital and instead of consoling Phil she said "told you so" because he drove where she said he shouldn't.

Watching his latest retrospective, he showed the road in question. It is the highway going to New Jersey or something.

Prince Lotor

I'm not an eldritch horror! I'm a human being!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'll admit I may be too biased against NPD just because of how it's thrown all over the place and might be trying to find something else. He's almost a poster child for the Unprincipled subtype, but I was trying tot argue something else.

Though, honestly, he could just be an asshole and a liar.
I definitely agree with you that NPD gets thrown around as a pop-culture insult/manipulation tactic extremely disproportionately to the percentage of the population that is or likely would be diagnosed with the disorder. You can be narcissistic without having NPD. Narcissism exists on a spectrum in all of us and it's possible to be on the high end of that spectrum and still be functional and relatively well adapted.

When I first started following DSP I held a conservative opinion on full-on labelling him as having a personality disorder, and similarly thought 'he could just be a dumb lying asshole, I know lots of those'. You can certainly find a list of criteria and start ticking them off, but one of the main things to reach a diagnosis on this is it has to be detrimental enough to impede and interfere with their lives. Sometime last year I just had seen too many instances of Phil shooting himself in the foot over his narcissism and being rigidly incapable of setting it aside for any reason that kind of pushed me over the edge, and I do refer to him having NPD despite his lack of official diagnosis.

Similarly you can have some borderline traits without having Borderline Personality Disorder, but I see where you are coming from with BPD as well. I guess maybe he has DSPPD (Dipshit Phil Personality Disorder) I'll see myself out :P

Awful Meerkat

Vest underscore fest
kiwifarms.net
dsp literally be like
8+2=9
you guys sure he isn't several years older than we think and was held back at grade 2 for a few years
I will always have suspicions that Phil is a special needs person. Maybe his parents pampered him and didn't tell him about his exceptionalism, but I refuse to believe he is a healthy person. I've never seen someone know so little about the world and the basics of looking after yourself but act like a snowflake in every situation

BabygotACKACKACK

I told you, to buy, the figure!
kiwifarms.net
I will always have suspicions that Phil is a special needs person. Maybe his parents pampered him and didn't tell him about his exceptionalism, but I refuse to believe he is a healthy person. I've never seen someone know so little about the world and the basics of looking after yourself but act like a snowflake in every situation

Since day 1 Im convinced he’s high functioning autistic. Khet isn’t his wife she’s just his handler.

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net

to be fair a lot of boomers don't understand autism. They might not really know how autistic he is. He does lack a lot of characteristics of autistic people I know tho such as strong research abilities. empathy etc.

Tags
None