Thoughts about DSP's Psychology - Dr Fred Freud's Office

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
My knowledge isn't special or unique, it's from a combination of university classes, boring textbooks that handhold you through the different maladaptive conditions that can manifest, and work experience. Anyone here is capable of it. If you are genuinely interested in the purely scientific aspects of illness, I would refer you to DSM-5. Be warned, it is 950 pages long, and is a very boring read. Pick a disorder that interests you and read through it. This is the doctor's manual for psychological disorders, lines of treatment, and even what they should charge for services rendered.

I will look at the thread mentioned, thank you, but I doubt I can add to what you guys have figured out already, I can just give you the fancy Latin names.

As I mentioned, he manifests a staggering number of red flags for a number of disorders. He appears to lack empathy, for example, he does not understand why other people feel the way they do. Example : aunt dies. You think: Jesus christ my aunt is dead, her husband and kids must be devastated. He thinks: Jesus christ that bitch died. Who the fuck is going to rent my unit to now, I was counting on that money. I don't have time for this shit. What a fucking bitch.

His world and understanding of emotional concepts begins with him and ends with him. People, to him (I suspect), are not people so much as they are variables, constructs that can contribute to him or harm him. They are to be utilized for gain, and when no longer a positive net gain, they are removed with prejudice. See: tapping his foot looking at the clock, waiting for his parents to die and those fuckers better have left everything to him.

Normal human relationships resemble a sine wave. They have peaks and troughs. Sometimes your friend is a dick and you tell him to fuck off, but you eventually have distance and can process the situation. He is still your friend, you still like him; he is human, we fuck up sometimes. Continue on as normal. You do not make him grovel and beg and shout apologies and expect monetary compensation for his actions. You text him and say what are you doing this weekend?

He does not appear to process emotions like an adjusted person does. Emotions are fluid and change and as you grow older and understand yourself, you understand these emotions and what they represent. For him, I would say they are more of, I guess I would say they are like a rubix cube. Every now and then, he matches up a line of colors and that feels good. Most of the time he's just spinning them in the hopes that they line up, but they don't and that is frustrating. See: his barely fluctuating perpetual fuck off mood. He can process frustration: this is not something he wants. It is a negative experience and therefore a threat and must be expunged. He can process rage: something is outside his immediate ability to control. This is unacceptable and must be violently excised. Cut it out. Get rid of it. Now. He cannot make something bend to his will, this cannot be understood; its doing things beyond what I want it to, unacceptable. Remove.

He requires control in his constructed reality. Lack of control is extremely distressing for even normal people. But for him, his world revolves around him. He controls the narrative, the setting, the pace, the tone. Anything but fawning questions or outright praise is seen as an attack. In his defense, years of perceived trolling will make a person paranoid. He could have dealt with this with self awareness, examination, willingness to adapt, and the ability to understand that he is the common denominator in all of these perpetually growing number of 'detractors'. See: a lack of growth as a person over the years, an inflexibility in persona, unwilling to try new experiences. The unknown is not controllable, avoid at all cost. See: religious adherence to an arbitrary schedule that is set in stone, even though the nature of the platform is he can stream at any point on any day. . He picks when and how he will entertain you, you either attend to him, or you are a detractor. The people that don't know who he is, and that he is a chill, fun, entertaining person may as well not exist. They offer no value to him, so why acknowledge something worthless? Waste of his time.
Persecution complex. If you're not helping him, you're hurting him and wasting his time. See: perpetual victim. Inability to recognize or acknowledge that perhaps his own actions put him in the sitations he finds himself in, and why they're almost always the same issue. Someone plotted this. He did everything right, not his fault (a meme, I know, but seems to genuinely believe it, and reinforces it often).
Inability to process love or affection if it is not him. See: a cold, loveless marriage where they spend the majority of their time apart, one party actively avoiding the other. This is picturesque love in his mind. He owns a house, a car, and a wife. The only time they spend time together is to spend money. When on the couch, silent, resentful watching of other youtubers. This is love. This is marriage. You envy what he has. See also: how he treats his cat. Jasper is a pain in the ass. He does things that animals do. Scratch things. Bite things. Want to play. Want affection. The one and only response he has is to actively punish him with the water bottle. If Jasper was a person, this is the equivalent of spitting in his face telling him to stop. This is paternal love in his eyes. The stuff he does for this cat.

I'm sorry, I sperged again. This is not the entirety of what I wanted to say, these are just the indicators of his illnesses and the video evidence of his actions, and put in a way to easily compare against the baseline of what the standards of maladaptive behavior are.

This is not all there is, there is more, sadly. There is still the compiling of primary issues and comorbidities, and requires a filing under the appropriate illness. This is an interesting way to spend an afternoon, literally dissecting a personality.

I may be weird.
Well you took the words out of my god damn fuckin' mouth. Pretty much said what I believe everyone here wanted to hear.

And you say there is more...?

Would you like to go on, possibly? It's very interesting to read.

Nurse Ratchet

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
(I consider someone who, say, hurts kids and animals to be evil), exactly---
When I said he checks off like 4 out of 5 things that make a person irredeemable to me, yep, you just named the one box he doesn't totally check off.

Although I am not optimistic about the car crash he would do on a child he was forced to be around.

Trappin in the Trap

kiwifarms.net
DSP is someone who never met enough resistance in his early life so he can't process it as an adult.

I remember someone contacting his highschool and confirming that he was, infact, a valedictorian. I doubt he put up a fake plaque on his wall for his fellow FGC butt-buddies or the teenager who lived with her mom with no intention of getting higher education or moving out, so that was probably a real acknowledgment. Point? DSP might be the "book smart" person that he hates, lack of self-awareness is one of his trademarks. Arguing against streaming with "Twitch is all subscriptions, subscriptions[...] gotta get those custom emotes and shit!" So if he's so smart, why can't he do shit on his own? Because he never did.
Phil mentioned his dad not being able to find a job for a while after getting laid off because they both "worked in the same sector". Let's assume that sector=company. Given how much Phil relies on his parents, it's really hard to try and not say that David got Phil the job. Phil could've performed well enough to be acknowledged, but there's no reason to believe that it was personal achievement, there's no way he was the head of the "Continuous Improvement" team. There was a obviously a reason that he got fired.

Youtube was the only thing that he made for himself, regardless of opinion Phil was a pioneer of the let's play genre. The thing is that no matter how much success Phil has, he can never keep it or grow it for a significant amount of time, probably because he doesn't know how "continuously develop" for shit.

He outright refuses to just fucking take the L. "The nook is full of shit that I can't sell at anywhere near the price that I bought it at? Whuuut? bugged resale mechanics, dood! I ain't sellin shit, then!" The CT condo was a fucking firetrap of wires, boxes, expensive plastic and unworn gamer t-shirts. He's an unstoppable hoarder who couldn't downsize unless he was physically forced to. If Marie Kondo came to the WAkahndo, there's a 77% chance that he'd ask for a positive contribution for everything that he tossed and call her a stupid gook bitch after she left.

He's more obsessed with image than he is reality. He went less than a year without a girlfriend before he poached some lady across from the country who seems to hate being around him because not having a girlfriend makes him see himself as a failure. He can't help whining about how hard he's working while also raving about how much he enjoys it because he need to be the hardworking breadwinner while also being a successful kahntent creator.

He doesn't listen to anyone telling him what he doesn't want to hear. The best example of this is Leanna literally telling him that he doesn't give her enough attention/fuck her enough, he still didn't listen because it would inconvenience him. For as much as he wants people to tell what they want from him, he won't listen if they say something that requires logic or effort.

Well, there's my tism for the month. This post really helped me get all the tard cum out.

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net
Saw something interesting. Mr huth was streaming DSP's trip to E3 with john rambo. During one of vlogs they are introduced to a game where like guitar hero but you dribble a basketball instead of a guitar. DSP starts shitting on it. A girl off camera corrects him and tells him how to play the game. DSP continues to shit on game. When they are back in their room alone doing the hotel vlog DSP lets loose on the woman and the game saying his true feelings. He just couldn't let it go that this woman called him out.

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saw something interesting. Mr huth was streaming DSP's trip to E3 with john rambo. During one of vlogs they are introduced to a game where like guitar hero but you dribble a basketball instead of a guitar. DSP starts shitting on it. A girl off camera corrects him and tells him how to play the game. DSP continues to shit on game. When they are back in their room alone doing the hotel vlog DSP lets loose on the woman and the game saying his true feelings. He just couldn't let it go that this woman called him out.
I recently went through Phil's Team Fortress 2 videos, curious to see Phil play a game I was more deeply familiar with. At some point, some guy gets on mic to tell Phil his videos suck. The guy never speaks again, and this was the single time during Phil's TF2 gameplay that anything negative was said to him. Phil barks back in his mocking, calling the guy an idiot, etc. (I don't remember if this was into his own mic, but I've no reason to believe it was). Perhaps two minutes pass. Phil's speaking very little (he did enjoy the game and was usually absorbed in it). Without provocation, he suddenly erupts with more of the mocking voice, calling the guy names. Then Phil slams his mouse in anger.

This interaction and its affect are worth comparing to the plentiful positive instances. Numerous times, people will speak to Phil with affection, telling him how happy they are to get to play with him, etc. And he doesn't say anything. No response, ever.

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
kiwifarms.net
Narcissism is an incredibly rare personality disorder that requires extremely maladaptive formative years to develop. It can be incredibly debilitating and is closely related to (and overlaps with) sociopathy. They're literally in the same cluster of mental illness.

I know you guys really hate Phil because he's bad at dark souls but that doesn't mean he's a clinically defined psychopath.

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
Narcissism is an incredibly rare personality disorder that requires extremely maladaptive formative years to develop. It can be incredibly debilitating and is closely related to (and overlaps with) sociopathy. They're literally in the same cluster of mental illness.

I know you guys really hate Phil because he's bad at dark souls but that doesn't mean he's a clinically defined psychopath.
You defended your argument by defining narcissism or at least giving us the characteristics thereof. You're not really telling us why you don't think he's a narcissist and we're simply telling you that he fits the above descriptions including the one you provided. For over a decade he has shown us a consistent pattern of sociopathic narcissism (with minor agoraphobia) and none of us are using that term casually without due cause.

Edit: Just because it's rare (but not as rare as you might think) doesn't mean Phil is exempt.

WWE Champion

kiwifarms.net
Narcissistic personality disorder would fit for phil. It starts with the stupid figure story and it ends with being too proud to sell the house and kill all debt. Going through the checklist, he is imho a fit.

• Possess an overstated sense of self-importancel YES
  • Display a sense of entitlement YES
  • Exaggerate their talents and achievements YES
  • Need constant, excessive admiration YES
  • Believe in their superiority, so they can only socialize with special people that are their equals YES
  • Have expectations of special favors YES
  • Have expectations of people complying with their wishes without question YES
  • Expect recognition as being superior or special without the achievements that would call for these conclusions YES
  • Have a preoccupation with power, success, beauty, or the perfect partner MEHH
  • Dominate conversations YES (STREAM, ONE WAY)
  • Look down or insult people they perceive as "unequal" or inferior YES
  • Be unable or unwilling to recognize or identify with the needs and feelings of others YES
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want YES
  • Come across as arrogant, self-centered, cocky, stuck-up, and pretentious YES
  • Show envy and feel others envy them YES
  • Believe they must have the best of everything YES

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
kiwifarms.net
You defended your argument by defining narcissism or at least giving us the characteristics thereof. You're not really telling us why you don't think he's a narcissist and we're simply telling you that he fits the above descriptions including the one you provided. For over a decade he has shown us a consistent pattern of sociopathic narcissism (with minor agoraphobia) and none of us are using that term casually without due cause.

Edit: Just because it's rare (but not as rare as you might think) doesn't mean Phil is exempt.
I'm simply pointing out that Phil being abrasive and having an ego problem does not equate to him being a sociopath. Every example of supposed sociopathic behavior just boils down to "Phil is kind've a dick to his friends and fans".

Listen dude, I'll put it to you this way. If Phil didn't post cringey let's play streams online and was just a normal dude would you also think he's a literal sociopath or would you just think he's a bit of a dick.

• Autistic
Reactions: Tatu Carreta

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
Narcissistic personality disorder would fit for phil. It starts with the stupid figure story and it ends with being too proud to sell the house and kill all debt. Going through the checklist, he is imho a fit.

• Possess an overstated sense of self-importancel YES
  • Display a sense of entitlement YES
  • Exaggerate their talents and achievements YES
  • Need constant, excessive admiration YES
  • Believe in their superiority, so they can only socialize with special people that are their equals YES
  • Have expectations of special favors YES
  • Have expectations of people complying with their wishes without question YES
  • Expect recognition as being superior or special without the achievements that would call for these conclusions YES
  • Have a preoccupation with power, success, beauty, or the perfect partner MEHH
  • Dominate conversations YES (STREAM, ONE WAY)
  • Look down or insult people they perceive as "unequal" or inferior YES
  • Be unable or unwilling to recognize or identify with the needs and feelings of others YES
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want YES
  • Come across as arrogant, self-centered, cocky, stuck-up, and pretentious YES
  • Show envy and feel others envy them YES
  • Believe they must have the best of everything YES
Another thing to mention is that narcissistic types also have a tendency to manage their money and assets terribly; usually this entails an atrocious amount of consumer debt. This is where the self-centeredness spills into financials and highlights a sense of entitlement. It's almost like a narcissist would go out on a limb and claim that ownership of something at any cost is more destiny than choice. Wanting to be top dog in gacha games is but a single example.

Wing Zero

kiwifarms.net
Listen dude, I'll put it to you this way. If Phil didn't post cringey let's play streams online and was just a normal dude would you also think he's a literal sociopath or would you just think he's a bit of a dick.
It's obvious you know jackshit about Phil other than he sucks at games, so I don't understand why you're so adamantly trying to defend his mental condition, especially when people who are far more knowledgeable about what a piece of shit he is can go through every checkmark that says "NARCISSIST" and apply almost all of them to Phil. If you want to provide proof that Phil isn't narcissistic then by all means do so, but don't come in here discrediting us as a bunch of morons who are just mad cause Phil sucks at videogames.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net

Sure. It's probably rare. But, let's be ahnest here. The bottom line is, how many people that actually have these disorders are properly diagnosed? The truth of the matter is that there are tons of nut jobs out there that have these issues, but don't get properly assessed and the common people just assume they're just an asshole, or just a weirdo, or whatever. Not many, if any, of us farmers are legitimately qualified to make such an assessment on anyone (not even if you are someone who trawls for outlines), but just based on readily available information on the subject to make a modestly educated guess as to what fucked up shit goes on between Dave's ears.

Note: Not disagreeing at all with ya, just kinda piggybacking off your edited in comment about the rarity of these diagnoses.

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
kiwifarms.net
It's obvious you know jackshit about Phil other than he sucks at games, so I don't understand why you're so adamantly trying to defend his mental condition, especially when people who are far more knowledgeable about what a piece of shit he is can go through every checkmark that says "NARCISSIST" and apply almost all of them to Phil. If you want to provide proof that Phil isn't narcissistic then by all means do so, but don't come in here discrediting us as a bunch of morons who are just mad cause Phil sucks at videogames.
Relax, dood. I'm going to have to ask you to have a chill minecraft stream if you're going to be so emotionally invested in my darksydephil detractor posts.

To further illustrate my point, onision is someone commonly believed to have narcissism or sociopathy. Is neglecting your 2 your old child and sexually abusing minors really comparable to using jasper as your big donation reveal?

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To further illustrate my point, onision is someone commonly believed to have narcissism or sociopathy. Is neglecting your 2 your old child and sexually abusing minors really comparable to using jasper as your big donation reveal?
This is a poor point. Just because Onision is worse doesn't somehow negate that Phil may be a narcissist too. He's just not as terrible as Onision. You're arguing that someone who kills one person isn't really a killer because the 9/11 hijackers killed 3,000+.

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
kiwifarms.net
This is a poor point. Just because Onision is worse doesn't somehow negate that Phil may be a narcissist too. He's just not as terrible as Onision. You're arguing that someone who kills one person isn't really a killer because the 9/11 hijackers killed 3,000+.
Of course, but I think you're missing the point. There's a certain extremity associated with sociopathy and narcissism. They're not like depression, you can't have a mild case of having an all encompassing personality disorder. It would be facetious to say that Phil, who despite making terrible financial and romantic decisions has lived a mostly normal life, could be compared to someone as hopelessly dysfunctional and cruel. Unless of course, you use Phil as a vicarious outlet to vent your own insecurities on and want another reason to feel superior to him. Hence my point.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Of course, but I think you're missing the point. There's a certain extremity associated with sociopathy and narcissism. They're not like depression, you can't have a mild case of having an all encompassing personality disorder. It would be facetious to say that Phil, who despite making terrible financial and romantic decisions has lived a mostly normal life, could be compared to someone as hopelessly dysfunctional and cruel. Unless of course, you use Phil as a vicarious outlet to vent your own insecurities on and want another reason to feel superior to him. Hence my point.
Tell me which of these criteria for narcissism personality disorder Phil doesn't meet by any reasonable measure or fuck off with the edgelording. From the Mayo Clinic itself:

"Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:
  • Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:
  • Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
  • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation"
I'm pretty sure I or others could find video evidence of each one.

Tags
None