Thoughts about DSP's Psychology - Dr Fred Freud's Office

Iamfrigide

kiwifarms.net
I don't mean to stir the pot or anything, but I do not believe he has NPD.
Why not? Because when you get right down to it. In moments of duress, panic, confrontation, or drunken sadness, the facade crumbles just enough to show that he, on some level, does not believe in his rhetoric. A true narcissist doesn't back down; they genuinely believe what they tell people about themselves. Narcissists are actually quite confrontational and intense as people go. Phil does a few things that is counter to what a narcissist does.
He has a limited amount of self awareness: he admits his spending is part of the reason he's in the shit. He blames the troll for the loss of income, but acknowledges that his spending got him there.
He 'forgives' people: this one is harder to show because he has no in person relations, but he unbans people who grovel and beg. Narcissists do not do this. If you spurn one, you don't come back from that.
He understands that other people have different mindsets from him: narcissists, for the most part, don't understand that people process the world differently from them. This one is actually pretty difficult to conceptualize, because I am assuming most people on here are functional, maladaptive people are usually locked in a specific mindset, essentially a prisoner of their own mind, which is why it can be so hard to reach them, and the truly mentally ill do not respond to lines of treatment and are often kept on forms of sedation and segregation.
Edit: words

use CBT and an SSRI
Can you imagine the absolute shitshow of him on an uptake inhibitor with his drinking? He'd go off the fucking deep end.

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
I got a reason to watch Dave's pre-streams now:

View attachment 1185939
Vigorously rocking back and forth during pre-stream when he thinks he can't be seen. There are a couple of videos where he does the same thing (once when his reflection was in a glass door and one time when someone snuck a "detractor" pre-stream image in that was semi-transparent and allowed him to be seen. General theory is that he's "stimming"--literally autistic coping.
Threw this in here and thought it was relevant. Learned something new today thanks to @actually and @iLoveDoe

EmpGulcasa

kiwifarms.net
I was checking out his rocking and general stimming behaviours earlier. How the fuck can he drive with his mindless back and forth or t poses being so programmed/robotic?
Is the back injury a cover for a mental issue?
If it's what I think it is, Tourettes Syndrome, unless it's a truly severe case of it people can usually suppress the tics when out and about and wait until they're alone or at home to let it all pour out at once. The fact that he's been caught doing it when he thinks the stream can't see him supports this as well.

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
I was checking out his rocking and general stimming behaviours earlier. How the fuck can he drive with his mindless back and forth or t poses being so programmed/robotic?
Is the back injury a cover for a mental issue?
At some point he explained he feels mentally uneasy if he doesn't rock like a hurricane and it has not much to do with his back. Of course taken with a truck of salt because originally it was to relax his herniated disc.

I have my own little ticks, assuming from them I'd say both is right. He rocked so often it evolved into a tick.

Tags
None