thread for unbelievably poorly-drawn art? -

I Love Beef

Yo kid, you want sum o dis whiskey?
kiwifarms.net
If you know where to look and whose dick to suck, you can get a job or a large scale commission that'll last you a year or two. But according to actual pros I know, the biggest issue right now with the wave of artists entering is their lack of work ethic. Jim Lee and Ethan Van Sciver have talked about how the biggest limiter is work ethic. New artists are lazy. They don't want to draw the daily life scenes like Clark Kent getting out of bed or Tony Stark grabbing a coffee. They don't follow deadlines and they rely too heavily on 3D graphics and reference. It's just laziness.

One of the pros I've mentioned before told me that the inundation of newbies with anime art has really turned her off from it. She told me in private that she hates it and won't hook up people who draw in that style with jobs because it's so inbred and most people can't even do it right. What the industry wants is people who can copy house styles while having a distinct personal style that will grab consumer's eyes from a commercial on a television screen, or across a bookstore, etc.

Mr. Awesome is a lazy artist, you can see just by looking over his stuff. It's flat, his anatomy is dogshit, it's bland, no weight to his lines, no energy, and generic anime style that a good chunk of newbie artists drawn in, yeah, unless he swallows his ego down, he's fucked. Putting detail into your art doesn't make it good. In fact, too much detail can drag a piece down since it clutters it and takes away from the focus of the art. His detail is barely detail anyways, it looks like autistic scribbling. Industry folks don't want stuff like detail or super ornate art, they want energy and feeling because that's what grabs consumers.

Also the mangaka of SNK got denied from several publications because his art is so goddamn ugly. He was told to go back to art school. Not a good example. ONE was a webcomic artist and was only put into publication because Murata liked his comic and decided to team up with him and OPM became a huge hit. ONE can actually draw pretty well as shown in MP100, he just chooses to draw the way he does because it's now associated with him and it matches the tone of his stories really well.
Huh, Shinkiro was denied from several publications.... Didn't know that. I did remember hearing a lot of hit or miss reception from fans on his Capcom VS SNK 2 art. Funny too, I like him. I will admit that his comics are a bit flat. I've read his Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting prologue manga.

And... ooohh yes. This topic. There is a lot of inspiration to newbie anime artists, but they don't study enough or learn how details work. They know what is cool but do not learn what about it that makes the magic happen. Even for artists who have worked on failed one shot OAVs, they have more credit than them, and that's barely even a comparison; that's a fact with a million mile difference. And I strongly agree, a lot of art these days lack energy and feeling. I even study off of the styles of some of those failed OAV hired artists and character designers from the 1990s because that energy is there. And even then, a lot of newbies never learn the cultural intricacies and historical development of anime art to begin with. They come to think that anime art can "all just be done simply" and they all follow the trendy and in shows and series that Ass News Network or whatever fan group they hang out with tout as the best and copy that like the poseurs they are. And even then, they don't look around outside of the anime world either and draw inspiration from that, or misinterpret it and mistakenly apply it to anime art with out first figuring out what works and what doesn't.

I cannot blame your professional friend for denying those people work. A lot of them who I've met in school or out in conventions cannot devote themselves to a style but their own. While a few have good work, others have devolved into these ugly indecisive mixes of realism and anime that cannot meet a right aesthetic. And even then, they haven't learned actual Japanese art, art history, aesthetics, etc. They try and go for this "blend of east and west" off of false intuition and poor estimation that never works. Most of them went to art school in the States. And honestly, while everyone has a right to their tastes and likes, and their own products, most of them never have tried to stake it out on their own away from an industry that I at least know doesn't have the faculties to be open and with opportunities currently without evidence of drawing a profit.

And now that I can recall from the depths of my memories, Mr. Awesome reminds me now of those shitty wannabe manga webcomics that popped up like weeds in the 2000s that reeked of this. They only think of the flash in the pan and the sizzle without knowing what the steak tastes like first, only seeing the "coolness" of anime and manga and thinking adding whatever they think is "cool" or "works" to it without going through the fundamentals will "make it better". It's like dumping sauce all over a dish without knowing what the hell it or the dish tastes like and expecting it will all work out, let alone the dish being made of random shit that was left all over the kitchen and having no cookbook or recipies to draw upon. They only think of the visual aesthetic and its trendiness than the motions, the expressions, the communicative intricacies and subtleties that carry that specific form of the sequential art of anime to be good. This is why I can't stand Airbender or Korra or shows like Teen Titans; I can still taste the substitute.

And for those of you newbies and aspirants, angry at me and hoping to lash out at me for what I've said, I'll give you some advice. You want to be a good anime artist? Stay devoted and learn. You won't get anywhere in that world "thinking" what you will apply to it will make it better. It's like any other field of art; learn the fundamentals and go into the wilds and seek it out if it is not available to you immediately. The only way you'll exceed and shape it is if you make strong foundations and explore. And don't just sit around watching anime and reading manga all day instead of about it.

Koresh

Waco - It happened, it was wrong, let's move on.
kiwifarms.net
To compensate for that wall of text I posted earlier, here's some more shitty art.

67247041_419290288931248_7890543904225755136_n.jpg

EDGY ANIME.jpg

amazing8.jpg

amazing7.jpg

amazing6.jpg

amazing5.jpg

amazing4.jpg

amazing3.jpg

amazing2.png

amazing1.jpg

Huh, Shinkiro was denied from several publications.... Didn't know that.

Because he didn't, that was my bad, I'm a filthy weeaboo so I used the jap abbreviation of Attack on Titan. It was Isayama who got rejected several times until Shingeki no Kyojin got picked up by Bessatsu.

sadbird

I cry every time
kiwifarms.net
ONE can actually draw pretty well as shown in MP100, he just chooses to draw the way he does because it's now associated with him and it matches the tone of his stories really well.
afaik he admitted in an author comic that he only draws characters for mob psycho, his assistants do everything else. His art has improved, but saying he's good is a stretch.
There's also sketchy "bad" art (because there's no line confidence) and sketchy "good" art (which is still coherent because the choice is deliberate), for what it's worth SNK is still pretty clean by those standards and still a pretty bad example for him to use to defend "muh style".
Anyway
Luigi__s___Evil_Twin___by_Cora_Dilcoroc.jpg

edit:forgot I already posted it

Last edited:

Koresh

Waco - It happened, it was wrong, let's move on.
kiwifarms.net
afaik he admitted in an author comic that he only draws characters for mob psycho, his assistants do everything else. His art has improved, but saying he's good is a stretch.
There's also sketchy "bad" art (because there's no line confidence) and sketchy "good" art (which is still coherent because the choice is deliberate), for what it's worth SNK is still pretty clean by those standards and still a pretty bad example for him to use to defend "muh style".
Anyway
View attachment 886580
edit:i'll include jennifer since I fucked up and left her in the thumbnail ok
View attachment 886585

Oh, I didn't know that! Thank you for letting me know. That makes a lot of sense, it did seem a bit crazy how fast he improved lmao

terror.png

crabman.jpg

sadbird

I cry every time
kiwifarms.net
Huh, Shinkiro was denied from several publications.... Didn't know that. I did remember hearing a lot of hit or miss reception from fans on his Capcom VS SNK 2 art. Funny too, I like him. I will admit that his comics are a bit flat. I've read his Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting prologue manga.

And... ooohh yes. This topic. There is a lot of inspiration to newbie anime artists, but they don't study enough or learn how details work. They know what is cool but do not learn what about it that makes the magic happen. Even for artists who have worked on failed one shot OAVs, they have more credit than them, and that's barely even a comparison; that's a fact with a million mile difference. And I strongly agree, a lot of art these days lack energy and feeling. I even study off of the styles of some of those failed OAV hired artists and character designers from the 1990s because that energy is there. And even then, a lot of newbies never learn the cultural intricacies and historical development of anime art to begin with. They come to think that anime art can "all just be done simply" and they all follow the trendy and in shows and series that Ass News Network or whatever fan group they hang out with tout as the best and copy that like the poseurs they are. And even then, they don't look around outside of the anime world either and draw inspiration from that, or misinterpret it and mistakenly apply it to anime art with out first figuring out what works and what doesn't.

I cannot blame your professional friend for denying those people work. A lot of them who I've met in school or out in conventions cannot devote themselves to a style but their own. While a few have good work, others have devolved into these ugly indecisive mixes of realism and anime that cannot meet a right aesthetic. And even then, they haven't learned actual Japanese art, art history, aesthetics, etc. They try and go for this "blend of east and west" off of false intuition and poor estimation that never works. Most of them went to art school in the States. And honestly, while everyone has a right to their tastes and likes, and their own products, most of them never have tried to stake it out on their own away from an industry that I at least know doesn't have the faculties to be open and with opportunities currently without evidence of drawing a profit.

And now that I can recall from the depths of my memories, Mr. Awesome reminds me now of those shitty wannabe manga webcomics that popped up like weeds in the 2000s that reeked of this. They only think of the flash in the pan and the sizzle without knowing what the steak tastes like first, only seeing the "coolness" of anime and manga and thinking adding whatever they think is "cool" or "works" to it without going through the fundamentals will "make it better". It's like dumping sauce all over a dish without knowing what the hell it or the dish tastes like and expecting it will all work out, let alone the dish being made of random shit that was left all over the kitchen and having no cookbook or recipies to draw upon. They only think of the visual aesthetic and its trendiness than the motions, the expressions, the communicative intricacies and subtleties that carry that specific form of the sequential art of anime to be good. This is why I can't stand Airbender or Korra or shows like Teen Titans; I can still taste the substitute.

And for those of you newbies and aspirants, angry at me and hoping to lash out at me for what I've said, I'll give you some advice. You want to be a good anime artist? Stay devoted and learn. You won't get anywhere in that world "thinking" what you will apply to it will make it better. It's like any other field of art; learn the fundamentals and go into the wilds and seek it out if it is not available to you immediately. The only way you'll exceed and shape it is if you make strong foundations and explore. And don't just sit around watching anime and reading manga all day instead of about it.
I think a lot of tumblr artists were told to move away from anime as a style but either didn't grasp why or they were told to stop drawing anime point blank because art school noobs were being told anime was the devil and a stumbling block to improvement...specifically. This has been parroted around for years, and I personally witnessed it happening to someone I knew way back when before tumblr had even begun gaining any ground- BUT they never really let go of it. I call it "I don't draw anime anymore!" syndrome. But the point is that immature artists don't care about getting better, they just change to meet the approval of their peers because they're not at the point of caring. A big problem i've seen is also confusion over things like "life drawing" or "classical drawing" being equated to a style...

The point is the focus should be taken away from "styles" as a whole, because people have just changed vices from ugly anime art to ugly cartoons.

On a side note, you know for as much as people seem to like anime or whatever manga is not a popular medium of choice for webcomics.

Emo Crow Fumikage

Fuck Giorno, all my homies hate Giorno
kiwifarms.net
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...127522197504/2_13_20.png?width=474&height=474 I'm reviving this thread. This one person draws pretty much the same cringy, generic, deviantArt-style furries, and sometimes with cringy gender labels to boot. Drives me nuts.

And all of Ken Penders art
View attachment 889156

I barely glanced at this when it was originally posted, but now that I actually stop to look at it, it's giving me a fucking headache. Everything about this is fucking atrocious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emo Crow Fumikage

kiwifarms.net
Are self-submissions allowed, because this YuGiOh fanart I did when I was 10 is pretty amazing. Look at his hammer hand.
View attachment 1142905
Yeah, anything's welcome. And actually, that doesn't look so bad apart from the hands and legs. Might have looked nice as a bust shot which I will admit to frequently using as a cop-out for not doing full body drawings.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are self-submissions allowed, because this YuGiOh fanart I did when I was 10 is pretty amazing. Look at his hammer hand.
View attachment 1142905

Hey guy don't pick on 10 year old You, he was pretty good for his age.

They were going for a thing. An ugly, boring thing that looks good to a handful of coastals. I don't know how something can look so distorted and yet so boring at the same time. Usually strange visuals are at least interesting.

Last edited:

Emo Crow Fumikage

kiwifarms.net
Bringing this thread back from the dead because I have something ridiculous to share. I’ve seen varying levels of god-awful here and there on the good ol’ Interwebs, but this is a complete fucking joke. The genius responsible for these atrocious, child-level-quality pieces of art claims to be 20 years old, too, which makes the shitty quality all the more hilarious. Add to the fact that she thinks she is “nOnBiNaRy” (I say “she” because I’ve noticed that most people who claim to be nonbinary are females, and I have actually heard her voice in a recording and seen a couple pictures of her because she was dumb enough to put that sort of thing out on a public Discord server) and you have a tragically amusing piece of shit.
She also aggressively ships her OC with Fire Man from Mega Man, whom she is disturbingly obsessed with, and talks in this shitty roleplay-style fuckery despite having been told repeatedly to knock it off. It’s pretty fucking funny.
B8325CFB-2914-473A-A84E-C81C2B1BBE29.jpegC166DA2C-E8C2-4113-8DFE-3578149D32E4.jpeg1289689D-2DC0-4603-AC88-8DFFD0E27B5A.jpeg0C4B6D79-DCAA-4737-B9B9-94EB3465A32C.jpegD3D03320-F8B2-468C-9DA6-4AC1ED3ABDD3.jpeg7F687C6E-BCCE-45D4-A91D-8CB40B034C40.jpegB81A3F5D-C0E4-4708-A143-897AB8B42C84.jpeg9E14E93E-2EEA-432A-8E15-0354B3DC9252.jpeg027D7EA2-7EA5-445A-B25D-4EA532CF403A.jpeg5D91DB07-47F1-4415-A676-BAC014A4B4DD.jpeg3E813532-669C-4A6B-8D33-FDC63D62615B.jpeg1AE788F3-C154-43E3-96DA-98D9B2A5BB24.jpegC3183466-DEB5-4C3E-A044-B6B5BB51A5FD.jpegABB49747-B663-471F-B32E-47ACE438CA37.jpeg57805A98-26F4-432F-B828-0B8467B41574.jpegECAEE564-F017-45C2-9B05-AA1BF31D8896.jpeg155F8C88-8768-4D9B-AE50-A694535A8F06.jpegE88769D1-A1D5-436E-924F-0C5FCF585132.jpegB2AFD8EA-CD88-4EFB-AA49-2257EB65F52A.jpegA624BF5D-33DF-47D6-B2DA-D275158F3DD3.jpeg1D92DF91-261B-4D82-8021-11127753605E.jpeg8639F184-484C-4131-87F7-0C396ECD152B.jpeg

Hermey The Crawling Chaos

Nigger Man And The Island Of Eldritch Abominations
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bringing this thread back from the dead because I have something ridiculous to share. I’ve seen varying levels of god-awful here and there on the good ol’ Interwebs, but this is a complete fucking joke. The genius responsible for these atrocious, child-level-quality pieces of art claims to be 20 years old, too, which makes the shitty quality all the more hilarious. Add to the fact that she thinks she is “nOnBiNaRy” (I say “she” because I’ve noticed that most people who claim to be nonbinary are females, and I have actually heard her voice in a recording and seen a couple pictures of her because she was dumb enough to put that sort of thing out on a public Discord server) and you have a tragically amusing piece of shit.
She also aggressively ships her OC with Fire Man from Mega Man, whom she is disturbingly obsessed with, and talks in this shitty roleplay-style fuckery despite having been told repeatedly to knock it off. It’s pretty fucking funny.

Holy fuck, that orange Elec Man one is killing me lol.

Reactions: Emo Crow Fumikage