Thread Watch -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would a generalized game journo thread be possible? We already have threads for people like Jed Whitaker, which is great, since he's a proper lulzcow. But the gamejourno community seems to exist in a weird twitterverse/discord bubble and I personally follow a lot of the minor goings on.

Recently Mike Diver was laid off, who has some lulzworthy history (like a lesser Jed Whitaker). Patrick Klepek seems to have toned himself down recently, but still a typical "white feminist ally". The whole The Last Night/Tim Soret "debacle" being another example of gamejournos saying some pretty far out there shit, an Ubisoft employee talked about pirating the game, and people like Rami Ismail and Felix Kramer openly advocating for industry blacklists again Tim Soret.

I could keep listing out names and minor lulzworthy events but they don't happen consistently enough on an individual level to justify a thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Done

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think there should be a general "Weird hobbies we don't understand" thread.
We have the elevator, classic toilets, and sirens people, as well as trains and some stuff I don't remember, but do they really all need their own threads? The threads get lost after awhile, and the communities themselves are pretty small and often old.
There's an antique insulator community I find odd (http://www.collectorsweekly.com/tools-and-hardware/insulators), but it doesn't really deserve a thread IMO.
It's a lot of older people who just have a weird, autistic hobby. I think it'd be nice to have one thread that simply showcased all the weird hobbies.

Picaninnyfreeze

a summertime treat
kiwifarms.net
I think there should be a general "Weird hobbies we don't understand" thread.
We have the elevator, classic toilets, and sirens people, as well as trains and some stuff I don't remember, but do they really all need their own threads? The threads get lost after awhile, and the communities themselves are pretty small and often old.
There's an antique insulator community I find odd (http://www.collectorsweekly.com/tools-and-hardware/insulators), but it doesn't really deserve a thread IMO.
It's a lot of older people who just have a weird, autistic hobby. I think it'd be nice to have one thread that simply showcased all the weird hobbies.
Insulators are a huge market partially fueled by older country women who collect "primitives." And think anything glass and beat up is quaint.

Without them insulators would be a hobby/collectible on the level of old butter knives or something.

Just interesting.

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread has a low amount of pages so far, which doesn't turn people off to reading it like some other cows with 500+ pages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Supermariopawnstar

kiwifarms.net
Meh. Leaks come out people talk about it. The first page already has enough lulworthy content. If I remember correctly you went on a sperg fest in the Anti dsp thread because someone called Drgnkiller a member even though Drgn admitted to being a member. You know what they say about glass houses.

1 day later, 120 posts added most of which are gatbage lol. The overall post count isn't nearly as important as the quality of the posts.

• Agree
Reactions: Stay safe

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Meh. Leaks come out people talk about it. The first page already has enough lulworthy content. If I remember correctly you went on a sperg fest in the Anti dsp thread because someone called Drgnkiller a member even though Drgn admitted to being a member. You know what they say about glass houses.
First off top posting is obnoxious. No one has any idea what you're talking about until they read the whole post twice. Second I was irritated because of low quality posts on a thread I'd like to be able to follow. Third personal jabs prove my point.

• Agree
Reactions: Um Oh Ah Yeah

Valiant

Salty Space Bitch
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
@SoapQueen1 it's not very nice taking the moderators jobs and bossing people around. In fact we don't allow it. If there is a problem, report it to a staff member or stfu.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
@SoapQueen1 it's not very nice taking the moderators jobs and bossing people around. In fact we don't allow it. If there is a problem, report it to a staff member or stfu.
I'd already spoken to a mod about this and this is what was indicated to me.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person

Dymentia

The Unrestrained Use of Excessive Cringe
kiwifarms.net
we should have a Instagram "activists" account thread. if enough people want one, i'll make the thread.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The EvaXephon thread has experienced huge wave of new users flooding the thread with even more filler than usual. It's becoming the new DSP thread.
Hopefully YanDev has some tasty spin-off characters like the DSP one did.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The mining thread got me thinking that maybe a community thread on cryptocurrency in general would be interesting. There's some pretty dramatic stuff going on all the time. Eg. small vs. big blockers (and now Bcash), the cults of personality, thought leaders and endless anarchocapitalism/NAP-theory. Edit: almost forgot the hilarious horror show that is 4chan's /biz/

It's super niche though, so it's only be worth it if there are a bunch of other people who I can meme about people like Chris DeRose or Richard Heart with. Another issue is that we might have to draw a line about talking about scams versus lulzcows not to mention the ever present concerns of stealth shilling.

Let me know if you care.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The mining thread got me thinking that maybe a community thread on cryptocurrency in general would be interesting. There's some pretty dramatic stuff going on all the time. Eg. small vs. big blockers (and now Bcash), the cults of personality, thought leaders and endless anarchocapitalism/NAP-theory. Edit: almost forgot the hilarious horror show that is 4chan's /biz/

It's super niche though, so it's only be worth it if there are a bunch of other people who I can meme about people like Chris DeRose or Richard Heart with. Another issue is that we might have to draw a line about talking about scams versus lulzcows not to mention the ever present concerns of stealth shilling.

Let me know if you care.
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/bitcoin-exceptional-individuals.17496/

Never took off, though. I'd intended to go into some of the dumber idiots but never worked up the energy for it.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thread that people see me criticize the most is probably the brad Watson thread. It's just filled with people yelling at him that he's not jesus. Look, we know he's not jesus, you know you're not gonna convince him he's not jesus, so really people just wanna feel validated that they are smarter than an old man that pretends he's Einstein. Getting a giant red F from brad was funny like in the first couple pages but by now it's just tiring.
Lol, two years later and it's still the same shit.

Tags
None