Thread Watch -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
Can we talk about both Trump threads on here? Because both of them feel especially autistic. TDS is boomer-tier “Trump can do no wrong” while Trump Enslavement Syndrome, while not full on SJW, still feels like a massive hatefest. Either way, the threads would be better if they were both either gone or combined into one.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
still feels like a massive hatefest
How? There's been like, maybe 6 posts that are actually on-topic. Every single thing posted in that thread is immediately contradicted by at least two different people who are very loyally defending his honor in there.

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
How? There's been like, maybe 6 posts that are actually on-topic. Every single thing posted in that thread is immediately contradicted by at least two different people who are very loyally defending his honor in there.
TES is just Deep Thoughts the thread. Worse, they are now coming into TDS trying to do the same thing there.

• Agree
Reactions: Gingervitis

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
kiwifarms.net
I think the issues that's going on with the TES thread and the TDS thread is a combination of echo chambers and having names that are way too similar. Your brain takes multiple shortcuts when reading and often you will read the first and last letter of word and autofill the rest and this tends to happen with titles as well. So someone sees the thread starting with trump and ending with syndrome and thinks it's going to be their comfy thread where they can shit talk the anti or the pro-Trumpers respectively. They see posts that disagree with them and because the switch in tone for them is so jarring they feel the need to attack. This is why cross-posting tends to happen when both are high up on the feed though I will say the TES people are better at keeping to their own thread.

Here are three possible solutions
1.TES can change it's name to something comletley different, like back to r/thedonald, so the TDS people stop showing up and shiting on their thread
2.TES can go full hog and just rename their thread Trump Dickriding Syndrome and the threads can go to war.
3. We can act like adults and not exceptional spergs and just accept that there is a thread of people that disagree with our opinion on trump.

Tryphaena

You too can find an axe and grind it
kiwifarms.net
I think the issues that's going on with the TES thread and the TDS thread is a combination of echo chambers and having names that are way too similar. Your brain takes multiple shortcuts when reading and often you will read the first and last letter of word and autofill the rest and this tends to happen with titles as well. So someone sees the thread starting with trump and ending with syndrome and thinks it's going to be their comfy thread where they can shit talk the anti or the pro-Trumpers respectively. They see posts that disagree with them and because the switch in tone for them is so jarring they feel the need to attack. This is why cross-posting tends to happen when both are high up on the feed though I will say the TES people are better at keeping to their own thread.

Here are three possible solutions
1.TES can change it's name to something comletley different, like back to r/thedonald, so the TDS people stop showing up and shiting on their thread
2.TES can go full hog and just rename their thread Trump Dickriding Syndrome and the threads can go to war.
3. We can act like adults and not exceptional spergs and just accept that there is a thread of people that disagree with our opinion on trump.

I would like option 2, speaking as a spectator.

Tags
None