Tickle-heads (The ASMR Community) -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).
A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
I just thought of something, is there any particular ASMR artist that has the most effect on anyone?

For me, Maria (Gentle Whispering) really gives me the best effect. I guess the slightly higher tone with the calm voice really is nice, and she usually has the right noise-to-talking ratio in her videos. It's like she puts a good amount of effort into everything. Or maybe Russia is hacking ASMR, who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GentleWhispering

Cake Farts

niceass
kiwifarms.net
I just thought of something, is there any particular ASMR artist that has the most effect on anyone?

For me, Maria (Gentle Whispering) really gives me the best effect. I guess the slightly higher tone with the calm voice really is nice, and she usually has the right noise-to-talking ratio in her videos. It's like she puts a good amount of effort into everything. Or maybe Russia is hacking ASMR, who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GentleWhispering

ASMRsurge never fails to satisfy. I like the simplicity of his videos and the quality sound he produces. He also makes these cute quirky stories in his video descriptions.

PierreG is a newcomer to the ASMR scene and I find him pretty unique. He speaks a lot of languages and features his cats quite a bit.

ASMRZeitgeist is extremely dedicated with his work. That man deserves every sub he can get.

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
ASMRsurge never fails to satisfy. I like the simplicity of his videos and the quality sound he produces. He also makes these cute quirky stories in his video descriptions.

PierreG is a newcomer to the ASMR scene and I find him pretty unique. He speaks a lot of languages and features his cats quite a bit.

ASMRZeitgeist is extremely dedicated with his work. That man deserves every sub he can get.
Never watched Surge, though PierreG is really excellent for foreign language triggers. Zeitgeist is just plain out ASMR god, and I agree.

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
Well this thread is definitely infected.
Nothing about the OP indicated why the overall community is a herd of lolcows. Except "I do not get it and this is weird".
I could understand if the thread was specifically about the fetishy, super strange, or tittyful videos, but it is just a general thread.
Plenty of artists could be baby cows, but that's less to do with ASMR and more to do with the fact that any group online has some cows if you take a big enough sample.

Orkeosaurus

kiwifarms.net
Supposedly Baba died. (Of World's Greatest Head Massage) fame. This guy did videos with Baba so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

What he's referring to with the bNb is that he released a video not long ago asking for money to turn his house into a bed and breakfast. I guess he saw the writing on the wall and tried to do something for his family. What a goddamn shame.

Discobiscuits

kiwifarms.net
Supposedly Baba died. (Of World's Greatest Head Massage) fame. This guy did videos with Baba so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

What he's referring to with the bNb is that he released a video not long ago asking for money to turn his house into a bed and breakfast. I guess he saw the writing on the wall and tried to do something for his family. What a goddamn shame.

He was many a gateway into this stuff, mine included. Unintentional visual ASMR (which makes it even better), but amazing all the same.

F

SpongeworthyBob

kiwifarms.net
Nothing about the OP indicated why the overall community is a herd of lolcows. Except "I do not get it and this is weird".
I could understand if the thread was specifically about the fetishy, super strange, or tittyful videos, but it is just a general thread.
Plenty of artists could be baby cows, but that's less to do with ASMR and more to do with the fact that any group online has some cows if you take a big enough sample.
How would one go about rectifying this oversight? What's the best approach, focus on some of the most risible aspects of the community, or focus on one specific ASMRtist who personifies them? There are definitely asmr creators who deserve ridicule -- about 95% IMO.

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
To me it's cringy anytime YouTubers in random other communities decide to make an ~ASMR~ video that is basically a regular video of theirs with the sound turned down or the sound turned up with them whispering. Sometimes it's funny but I'm pretty sure it doesn't induce ASMR in anyone and it's never relaxing. At best it's funny to hear someone attempt to whisper and take the video "seriously", but that's really rare. It's mostly just annoying and people obviously trying to boost numbers because ASMR videos blew up for whatever reason in the YouTube algorithm by doing the bare minimum and not even trying
That being said, I'm glad I came across it cause I finally found out what that annoying shiver was when I get my hair cut (it's so hard to stay still) and why it was always almost unbearably "ticklish" when someone would whisper in my ear. Most ASMR videos don't really induce the feeling but when it does it's usually nicely muted so I can enjoy it and when done well they're at least relaxing to listen to before bed even if you don't feel anything
It's a shame the videos that cause ASMR most regularly in me most often are those bullshit Reiki videos (but only from two people). I do believe that the people I watch at least believe in it, but sadly while one at least seems to be open to doctors and science (a mix of religion with science which I'm fine with), it seems like the other actually thinks Reiki, massage and essential oils will cure all ailments.
I don't know what draws so many people into fake science to ASMR but it's rampant in the community it seems, much like the YouTube vegan community

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
It's a shame the videos that cause ASMR most regularly in me most often are those bullshit Reiki videos (but only from two people). I do believe that the people I watch at least believe in it, but sadly while one at least seems to be open to doctors and science (a mix of religion with science which I'm fine with), it seems like the other actually thinks Reiki, massage and essential oils will cure all ailments.
Ah dude, I fucking love the Reiki/energy whatever/aura whatever/crystal whatever ones. But only ones where the person has a suitable face of concentration. Crystal ASMR has some good chakra-based videos.

In any video, if the person is just vaguely smiling directly into the camera and not looking at where their hands are or what they're supposed to be doing, it ruins the whole thing.

I don't believe in any of it, honestly. I'd give it a try irl if someone offered it to me for free, but only for live ASMR purposes, not because I thought it would do anything healing.

I think a lot of the ASMR creators who do reiki or aura based roleplays either do it as a hobby or just realize that it's a huge trigger for a lot of people and therefore are going to capitalize on it. I'm fine with people doing that kind of stuff as a side thing as long as they are responsible about health otherwise and don't try drinking essential oils or believing that aligning the chakras will cure cancer.

How would one go about rectifying this oversight? What's the best approach, focus on some of the most risible aspects of the community, or focus on one specific ASMRtist who personifies them? There are definitely asmr creators who deserve ridicule -- about 95% IMO.
If you want to do a thread about "Cringy ASMRtists", that would probably go over better than "ASMR: the whole community". If you don't understand any of it, it's all going to seem a lot cringier, but there are certainly ASMR content creators who deserve to be called out for being shitty people, having low grade setups and being lazy, or being cringy. I disagree that 95% of creators qualify as lolcows.

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
Ah dude, I fucking love the Reiki/energy whatever/aura whatever/crystal whatever ones. But only ones where the person has a suitable face of concentration. Crystal ASMR has some good chakra-based videos.

In any video, if the person is just vaguely smiling directly into the camera and not looking at where their hands are or what they're supposed to be doing, it ruins the whole thing.

I don't believe in any of it, honestly. I'd give it a try irl if someone offered it to me for free, but only for live ASMR purposes, not because I thought it would do anything healing.

I think a lot of the ASMR creators who do reiki or aura based roleplays either do it as a hobby or just realize that it's a huge trigger for a lot of people and therefore are going to capitalize on it. I'm fine with people doing that kind of stuff as a side thing as long as they are responsible about health otherwise and don't try drinking essential oils or believing that aligning the chakras will cure cancer.
Ooh, thanks for the recommendation. I'll be sure to check them out. While I don't believe in the stuff I tend to enjoy videos more by people who seem to. I guess when they don't take it seriously it comes off as disingenuous and that takes me out of it. The happiness some people show during Reiki videos probably makes a big difference too when they believe it
Yvette ASMR is someone I watch, she doesn't really do Reiki but I quite like her videos that involve face "touching". She's actually paralysed from the chest down but I didn't know until she made a video talking about it. She seems very sweet and has a nice voice that's really soft and soothing. Great to fall asleep to

Tags
None