Tickle-heads (The ASMR Community) -

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
Good lord, someone made Big Chungus into ASMR.

Tirar DeAguello is a lot like Ephemeral Rift, where he just makes really fucking bizarre stuff. He's big on Illuminati roleplay videos and things like that, and he'll mix in weird memes like Big Chungus.

He's also a pretty nice guy, he often leaves nice comments on other creators' videos and throws them some Patreon dollars. He'll also talk about himself and his experiences with ASMR or with making the video towards the ends of some videos.

His face is kind of...awkward to see so close to the camera, and his video concepts are REALLY weird, but he seems pretty ok. That said...maybe it's just stereotyping because of his face....if something scandalous came out about him, I wouldn't be wholly surprised.

Reactions: Rokko

SpongeworthyBob

kiwifarms.net
Can we get the name of this forum changed to just "ASMR"? I've never once heard the term "ticklhead" used in all the years I've been watching ASMR. Anyone who comes here looking for ASMR is likely to miss this forum because it isn't properly identified. I know I did the first time.

Jay Hostetler, #1 ASMR fan, prays for ASMR Glow.

Attachments

So this one has genuinely rubbed me the wrong way. This woman uploads videos just of her eating what she calls "exotic" foods. Some of these include dog legs, a whole small turtle and 2 different videos where she eats 2 whole cats. The videos have a lot of views and she gets a ton of hate comments but I think because of the downvotes, the Youtube algorhythm hides these from people who just search for generic pet videos. She also for some reason hearts some of the hate comments she gets, either because she doesnt speak English or she has some form of exceptionalism. I've seen some people defend her saying it's just part of the culture of wherever she's from but there's definitely some else off about the whole thing.

PolexiaAphrodisia

kiwifarms.net
Drama in the ASMR world:

Big name ASMRtist Gibi has, along with 24 other people, decided to create a subscription based app. 9.99 a month for 25 people's content. The community is kind of confused because this makes very little sense and wasn't really asked for.

Her rationale is that the creators will get a bigger cut of profits than on YT, and 9.99 is the cost of a lunch, a t-shirt, or some other physical item that you can go without in order to support your "favorite" creators, aka Gibi and pals. Audience trends were seemingly not taken into consideration when selecting contributors, except for one...

Heather Feather.

Aka the lady who has taken $16k of PatreonBucks without making one video or providing one perk. She's been inactive for YEARS.

Gibi says that people have been soooo excited to hear that Heather will be "part of" the app. What she skates over is that people are excited because they think this means new Heather content. Not because they're excited to pay to view her old videos which are already free to view and possibly netting her Adsense money.

She did an AMA on the ASMR sub about the app release and comments were...not great. Lots of people calling out Heather for basically stealing from her patrons and asking Gibi why she'd add Heather to the lineup. Her defenders say that it's patrons' fault for never unpledging, which is pretty stupid imho.

People were also questioning why they'd pay Netflix prices for twenty five artists, who they didn't even get to choose.

Gibi also made the mistake of mentioning advertisers in the AMA, which pissed people off - why pay money and still get ads?

Overall it seems like it'll be a train wreck.

Edit: also the app is mobile only, which is some dumb shit as lots of people use ASMR while studying. Only topside to the app seems to be that you can turn your phone off and the video keeps playing...

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
ASMR is the frontier of everything wrong in contemporary e-society. You have these basic bitches pretending to be "in" on the joke, while as per usual, "only pretend to be retarded" by spending god knows how long making "ironic" ASMR vids like this:
It's the exact same case as Delphine. She pretends to be one of the boys by making fun of e-girls, yet act and do exactly as them, "but only ironically". It's quite literally the gamer girl trope on repeat and it's working because memes are so in and quirky nowadays to normies.

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ASMR is the frontier of everything wrong in contemporary e-society. You have these basic bitches pretending to be "in" on the joke, while as per usual, "only pretend to be exceptional" by spending god knows how long making "ironic" ASMR vids like this:
It's the exact same case as Delphine. She pretends to be one of the boys by making fun of e-girls, yet act and do exactly as them, "but only ironically". It's quite literally the gamer girl trope on repeat and it's working because memes are so in and quirky nowadays to normies.
"She pretends to be one of the boys"
Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 3.02.42 PM.png

Bit spot-on, wouldn't you say?

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
Drama in the ASMR world:

Big name ASMRtist Gibi has, along with 24 other people, decided to create a subscription based app. 9.99 a month for 25 people's content. The community is kind of confused because this makes very little sense and wasn't really asked for.

Her rationale is that the creators will get a bigger cut of profits than on YT, and 9.99 is the cost of a lunch, a t-shirt, or some other physical item that you can go without in order to support your "favorite" creators, aka Gibi and pals. Audience trends were seemingly not taken into consideration when selecting contributors, except for one...

Heather Feather.

Aka the lady who has taken $16k of PatreonBucks without making one video or providing one perk. She's been inactive for YEARS.

Gibi says that people have been soooo excited to hear that Heather will be "part of" the app. What she skates over is that people are excited because they think this means new Heather content. Not because they're excited to pay to view her old videos which are already free to view and possibly netting her Adsense money.

She did an AMA on the ASMR sub about the app release and comments were...not great. Lots of people calling out Heather for basically stealing from her patrons and asking Gibi why she'd add Heather to the lineup. Her defenders say that it's patrons' fault for never unpledging, which is pretty stupid imho.

People were also questioning why they'd pay Netflix prices for twenty five artists, who they didn't even get to choose.

Gibi also made the mistake of mentioning advertisers in the AMA, which pissed people off - why pay money and still get ads?

Edit: also the app is mobile only, which is some dumb shit as lots of people use ASMR while studying. Only topside to the app seems to be that you can turn your phone off and the video keeps playing...
Isn't there already an ASMR app out there? Like this one YouTuber I watch got a 3dio mike from getting a certain number of paid subs there. Don't know if the app still exists, never joined but if it does I don't see how this one would do competitively because this is a premium app where you can't chose who you want to sub to and only has 25 people vs a free app where you can do a paid sub if you want which likely had more people on it (or at least had the option for more easily enough). If the other app no longer does, what's different here that would help them survive while the other one didn't? Hell, why not just sub to these people on Patreon? Then you'd get their YouTube videos with whatever is exclusive there. I also want to know what's different on this app vs these people uploading their audio to Spotify?

This seems like you're basically subbing to a melting pot Patreon. While most of these people already have one, they're actually working at a loss. Here one sub gives them less than a dollar if it's all split evenly and a healthy chunk probably goes to maintaining the app as well. I can see a reason for an ASMR app but I can't expect a YouTuber with no background in making apps being the one to make it and I see no reason for this one. And I especially expect this to crash given they already signed up a "creator" who hasn't created in forever and was more than happy to forgo any form of morality by keeping her Patreon account active despite not actually putting anything on it. It doesn't matter if these people have some blame on themselves too, what she did was straight wrong. This is going to be a fantastic dumpster fire if we're lucky, or will simply fizzle out and die if we're not

• Agree
Reactions: Cole phleps

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ASMR is the frontier of everything wrong in contemporary e-society. You have these basic bitches pretending to be "in" on the joke, while as per usual, "only pretend to be exceptional" by spending god knows how long making "ironic" ASMR vids like this:
I decided to look at a few more of these videos + similar ones. If there's one thing I particularly dislike, it's where they find some random anime art and use it for the entire video without crediting the artist.
Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 3.13.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 3.17.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 3.16.17 PM.png

PolexiaAphrodisia

kiwifarms.net
Isn't there already an ASMR app out there? Like this one YouTuber I watch got a 3dio mike from getting a certain number of paid subs there. Don't know if the app still exists, never joined but if it does I don't see how this one would do competitively because this is a premium app where you can't chose who you want to sub to and only has 25 people vs a free app where you can do a paid sub if you want which likely had more people on it (or at least had the option for more easily enough). If the other app no longer does, what's different here that would help them survive while the other one didn't? Hell, why not just sub to these people on Patreon? Then you'd get their YouTube videos with whatever is exclusive there. I also want to know what's different on this app vs these people uploading their audio to Spotify?

This seems like you're basically subbing to a melting pot Patreon. While most of these people already have one, they're actually working at a loss. Here one sub gives them less than a dollar if it's all split evenly and a healthy chunk probably goes to maintaining the app as well. I can see a reason for an ASMR app but I can't expect a YouTuber with no background in making apps being the one to make it and I see no reason for this one. And I especially expect this to crash given they already signed up a "creator" who hasn't created in forever and was more than happy to forgo any form of morality by keeping her Patreon account active despite not actually putting anything on it. It doesn't matter if these people have some blame on themselves too, what she did was straight wrong. This is going to be a fantastic dumpster fire if we're lucky, or will simply fizzle out and die if we're not
There was an ASMR app called Tingles or something like that, but apparently it was "predatory" and not good. Of course, Gibi was one of the people leading the dissent against Tingles, so...

She didn't answer any questions about how it would be better than Patreon. Several people asked.

She didn't really give a good answer about how it would be better than Spotify. Multiple people asked.

Supposedly her fiance "manages" multiple ASMRtists including Goodnight Moon, who has become notorious for her long sponsorships at the beginning of her videos. Gibi herself has done several ads under the guise of ASMR, aka some company gives her an item and she taps her nails on it in the video and whispers about it. Really weird and generally unpopular.
Maybe the fiance is the programmer?

ASMR has a generally forgiving fanbase, people do not react well to people negatively speaking of creators. A redditor asked a question that positively mentioned Heather, and Gibi said that "the callouts are...unnecessary and rude." A lot of shit flies under the radar. For instance, people are still really upset that some people don't like the super-sexual ASMR, and speaking badly about those who breast boobily in their videos tends to lead to a dogpile of negative comments. Gibi mentioned the booby breasters in her AMA, saying that she doesn't mind it but doesn't like that the videos are on YouTube since now the algorithm and the YT people view all ASMR as sexual and have demonetized or hidden videos with "roleplay" in the titles.

It's looking like the feedback that isn't "aww, so cool, yay Gibi!" from twelve-year-olds and thirsty dudes, is primarily negative or skeptical. From attorneys wondering why the app requires you to disclose your location, to programmers questioning the setup of the app itself, to HF detractors, to people saying that it's too expensive or not worth it at all, to people asking why they couldn't choose artists to be featured.

The Sauce

pozilei

gnome related slander
kiwifarms.net
Drama in the ASMR world:

Heather Feather.

10 dollars a month for a handful of ASMR people crinkling paper, tapping on a candle and going tsk tsk? That's ridiculous when you can get like 200 new ASMR videos on youtube every day.

PolexiaAphrodisia

kiwifarms.net
10 dollars a month for a handful of ASMR people crinkling paper, tapping on a candle and going tsk tsk? That's ridiculous when you can get like 200 new ASMR videos on youtube every day.
No but yoi don't understaaaaaand! This is PREMIUM CONTENT from your FAVORITE CREATORS!! Don't you wanna support these people with 1M+ subs?? Think of the creators!!!

I'm disappointed that Angelica is involved. Her videos are kinda shit but she's funny and seems to be a decent person. Karuna "Meth and Blowjobs" Satori is on this train too to the shock of nobody.

Tags
None