Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness - The Craziest Docu-Series You'll Ever See

thismanlies

Sacred Cows Make The Juiciest Hamburgers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A while back, I tried to make a thread on Joe Exotic, the animal park owner who was convicted in a murder-for-hire plot. But it went nowhere because I suck at making threads. Turns out it was for the better because I'm watching the Tiger King series and holy shit, my thread didn't even scratch the surface of what was going on. You could make a Community Watch thread about the people who collect big cats. They are that fucking crazy. But here are the three that are prominently discussed in the series and how their lives got entangled.

JOE EXOTIC

joe exotic.jpg

First off is Joe. He's easily the craziest of the bunch. But that's by no means a small accomplishment. He built an animal park, ran for governor, ran for president, and got arrested because he really hates a Florida woman by the name of Carole Lewis. She'll be relevant a little later on. He did everything he could to fuck with her including infringing on her park's name to making a country music video accusing her of killing her husband and feeding his body to live tigers.

Now when Joe wasn't filming videos that sound like they were dubbed with someone else's voice, he had his own line of adult novelty products that he sold in his park's gift shop. The most infamous of these is Tiger Cub Condoms. The reason why this is infamous is summed up in a news article written about a grandmother reacting to having them thrown at her by Joe himself.

Needless to say none of these things helped him in the court of public opinion when he got busted for soliciting the murder of Carole Lewis.

CAROLE LEWIS

carole lewish.jpg

Speaking of Carole Lewis, here's the owner of Big Cat Rescue. Not only does she run a park of her own, but she's also an activist who wants to ban the private ownership of big cats such as lions and tigers. Her road started when she and her late husband, a millionaire by the name of Don Lewis, would go to exotic animal auctions and buy every bobcat and lynx that was destined for a fur farm. From there, their obsession grew into operating her own animal park.

You'd think there would be nothing remarkable about her outside of the leopard print she wears in public. But one thing to remember about her is that she is a Florida woman and you don't earn your stripes in Florida until you've been involved in some Florida shit.

If you saw the Here Kitty Kitty video in Joe's section, you already know that there's a cloud of suspicion hanging over her head related to her late husband, Don Lewis's disappearance. This cloud has been hanging over her head for over twenty years with his daughters accusing her of killing him and feeding his body to tigers. Now it's important to note that despite friends and family who knew the couple saying she did it, nothing has been proven through any sort of investigation.

EDIT: Another thing that may or may not have been covered in the show, but is related to the disappearance of Don Lewis. It's a restraining order filed by Jay Baykal, who reportedly became Carole's lover after the disappearance of Don. I'll include the RO in the following spoiler. But there are a few noteworthy quotes in it. Baykals states that she "would kick his ass out of (the home) whatever it takes" and it caused him to fear for his life. He then later states he asked her what she would do if Lewis returned and she replied "a dead body can not talk."

jay ro 1.jpg
jay ro 2.jpg
jay ro 3.jpg
jay ro 4.jpg
jay ro 5.jpg
jay ro 6.jpg

Bhagavan "Doc" Antle

bhagavan antle.jpg

Last, but certainly not least, is Bhagavan "Doc" Antle. His name's hard to pronounce so you can call him alpha male, silverback, or any euphemism for king of the jungle. Because this motherfucker's banging five women, who are all trained to handle tigers, whenever he's not riding an elephant through his park. The documentary does interview a woman who worked for him when she was 18. I won't give away too much because words don't do her interview justice. But let's just say surprise breast implants were involved.

Last edited:

Pocket Dragoon

you're disturbing my calm.
kiwifarms.net
We've been to the BCR in Tampa. It was well maintained, clean, calm, and with big cats acting like big cats; but still closer than you'd normally get than at a place like Busch Gardens or whatnot. The other visitors were definitely better behaved as well.

And fuck, they even had a bearcat, which smell like goddamn popcorn (conveniently sold in the concession).

On the scale of Florida roadside attractions, I give BCR a solid 8 (9 or 10 if they sold beer & better food). The decor & establishment is definitely more muted than the woman's dresscode & personality.

Last edited:

MrWhoDat

kiwifarms.net
Is a funny series, watched it a few days ago.
Filled with egotistical characters who all blame and point the finger at one another for doing the exact the same things.
There is legit some of the funniest scenes in that series. There is a scene were one of the workers just had her arm ripped off.
Tiger King says straight afterwards, and Im NOT kidding, "Im never going to financially recover from this"
In another scene he is speaking about telling his father he is gay.
"My father then put out his hand for me to shake, and told me "Dont come to my funeral""
This series is unintentionally HILARIOUS

TaterBot

i don't believe it
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I watched this and found it fascinating. These people live like on a different planet. Even circus/carnival people are not so flamboyant and outlandish.
At the beginning, it says how crazy big cat people are, and I was skeptical but they made me a believer. Great series and good thread, OP.

Cardenio

Mongoloid
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Carole Baskin hates the documentary and has written a rebuttal to the claims made.

It's a damn shame Joe will be spending at least a decade in the pokey, he was the spark in this beautiful meth shitshow. Hopefully these wonderful maniacs will make more drama and post it online for all to see.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I watched the first episode right now and it's pretty interesting.
While I have no doubt Joe will ramp up the crazy, Carole is immediately unlikable and her having her own enclosure is as hypocritical as it gets. I also don't get the argument that the usa has "more caged tigers than exist in the wild", nearly all of them have been bred in the usa (so it's not like they were stolen). It also has the bizarre notion that they'd rather be dead than in a place where every one of their needs is met.

It's pretty interesting that this show parallels gun rights. From using a single case involving a crazy person as an example why they should hurt the liberty of others, emotional arguments without sense in context and being the most joyless people imaginable (they even got Colbert). At least in the first episode the show seems to take Joe's side more but the ride will only get crazier.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Prepare for the ultimate flavor...
kiwifarms.net
I started watching it myself, currently up to the 4th episode. What I like most about it is the fact that it's presented in a somewhat unbiased manner, and by that I mean it's not taking anyone's side. I was worried that the show would side with Carole because if this were an average documentary then it would have presented the animal rights nutjob as the protagonist, and even early on she seemed like she had a screw loose. But then the show presented Doc Antle and Joe's arguments against her and how hypocritical she is, which was interesting. But then the show went a step further and had an entire episode around Carole's missing husband with the implication that she knows more than she's letting on. So the show is smart enough to let the audience know there really is no "good guy" in this scenario, just a bunch of insane, fucked-up people butting heads.

It's so fascinating. Everyone in this show is fucking insane and I love it.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
I started watching it myself, currently up to the 4th episode. What I like most about it is the fact that it's presented in a somewhat unbiased manner, and by that I mean it's not taking anyone's side. I was worried that the show would side with Carole because if this were an average documentary then it would have presented the animal rights nutjob as the protagonist, and even early on she seemed like she had a screw loose. But then the show presented Doc Antle and Joe's arguments against her and how hypocritical she is, which was interesting. But then the show went a step further and had an entire episode around Carole's missing husband with the implication that she knows more than she's letting on. So the show is smart enough to let the audience know there really is no "good guy" in this scenario, just a bunch of insane, fucked-up people butting heads.

It's so fascinating. Everyone in this show is fucking insane and I love it.

Carole is just as much of a sperg in her own right.... the only differences being she has a good PR team and is better at suppressing it in public

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I watched episodes 2 and 3.
Episode 2: Everyone is underpaying the workers but Doc's staff sounds legitimately cult-like and Carole is literally everything she blames the other two only worse. I'd like to know what's the condition in other small scale zoos to compare.
Episode 3: Jesus christ I don't think it's possible to make Carole look more guilty. The circumstantial evidence are bad enough, but the will having "in case of my disappearance" is the silver bullet in any sane investigation. Hopefully the doccumentary will make some alphabet agency start asking the police some hard questions, but that's being optimistic. Also if we're going with the alternative theory of the guy taking a plane and crashing, shouldn't there be a missing plane? Those things should have paperwork behind them.

Duncan Hills Coffee

kiwifarms.net
Episode 2: Everyone is underpaying the workers but Doc's staff sounds legitimately cult-like and Carole is literally everything she blames the other two only worse. I'd like to know what's the condition in other small scale zoos to compare.
Doc Antle seriously deserves his own documentary series. Joe's crazy enough by himself, but Doc is insanely creepy.

Episode 3: Jesus christ I don't think it's possible to make Carole look more guilty. The circumstantial evidence are bad enough, but the will having "in case of my disappearance" is the silver bullet in any sane investigation. Hopefully the doccumentary will make some alphabet agency start asking the police some hard questions, but that's being optimistic. Also if we're going with the alternative theory of the guy taking a plane and crashing, shouldn't there be a missing plane? Those things should have paperwork behind them.
Episode 3 is probably my favorite episode simply because I adore murder mysteries and true crime stuff, and going into it you wouldn't expect someone like Carole to be involved in shady shit like that. At the very least, it was smart of the show to go into this stuff because it makes Carole less sympathetic and treats her on more equal ground with the rest of the nutjobs.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Just here to say that I've watched the first two episodes now.

My takeaways:

1. My husband and I really want to dress up as Joe Exotic and Carole Lewis for Halloween this year. lol. I bet that Joe is going to be a very popular Halloween costume this year. Count on it.

2. Doc creeps me out the most, hands down. His very first appearance in the first episode made me think, "He's some kind of sex pervert deviant creep. I just know it." Lo and behold, I was totally right. He runs a flat-out sex cult zoo. What the fuck.

3. The first episode was weird enough. The second episode escalated in the weirdness so much that I am already at a loss for words. There's five more episodes of this?! I'm both excited and terrified to see how batshit crazy this gets.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Episode 4: We're finally getting to the meat of the story. Joe and Carole's feud is pretty funny until it gets to the lawsuits and, while one can justify suing Joe, suing his staff and family completely removes any trace of sympathy from Carole who's now just a vengeful bitch who's too rich to face consequences. The feud itself is the cliche case of both sides being way too stubborn to just let it go, and instead they just escalate things.
The documentary studio burning down is interesting and it's a pretty big mystery who did it. Joe having an alibi is convenient but how could Joe know that all the copies are in a single place without any backup?

I wonder if Count Dankula already had an episode planned around Joe?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Hatoful Dandy

Duncan Hills Coffee

kiwifarms.net
The only decent person in this documentary was that Mexican dyke with one hand.
Rick Kirkham was okay. He was probably the most honest person in the entire documentary. He knew he was filming crazy people and he knew everyone involved, including Carole and Doc, were bugfuck insane too. At the very least, he seemed to be the most self-aware, because even he knew what he was doing wasn't exactly moral. After all, he was planning on making money off Joe's exploits, but he wasn't hiding behind excuses, not like Joe or Jeff Lowe or Carole.