TIL: post things you learned today. -

AprilRains

One shot is all I need!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Andreas Kempe, a seventeenth-century Swedish philologist, wrote a satirical tract in response to many serious discussions of what language was spoken in Paradise. Kempe suggested that Adam spoke Danish, God spoke Swedish, and the serpent spoke French.

ASU

Ethics in Tranny Suicide Prevention Coordinator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TIL that the differences in the Jewish and Christian concept of a messiah means that if a Christian messiah comes to Earth the Jews will consider him a fraud, and if a Jewish messiah comes to Earth the Christians will think he's a fraud. Then I guess they'll plot to kill him. Seems like I read a story like this in a book once, things didn't turn out so great.

• Autistic
Reactions: Cynthia

AprilRains

One shot is all I need!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In Anglo-Saxon England, the shire reeve was the senior official of a town. Under the Normans, he was reduced to a manager and peacekeeper of the local peasantry. This is how the "sheriff" became a fucking cop.

joombo

kiwifarms.net
Today I've finally learned area code of Greece. My cousin moved to Greece not so long ago and I'm still getting used to her new phone number, each time have to check the country code through site to dial the correct number. She told me so many interesting facts about Greece that now I want to visit this country too.

Last edited:

Lurkette

Professional Depression
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently attempting to use spraypaint on styrafoam causes it to disintigrate. Or at least that's what the metallic kind did to my crappy prop knife. Oops.
View attachment 573717
We had to spray paint Styrofoam for "rubble" in a show I was just in. I could have warned you fam. :(

til that lgbtq individuals have a monopoly on performing in The Rocky Horror Show, and being tired at a midnight show (when you've never had to be part of one before) is a sin. Also, clearing the stage/lobby of props after/before a show is the time when the real drama happens.

AprilRains

One shot is all I need!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought the "black Irish" were descended from survivors of the Spanish Armada's shipwreck off the coast of Ireland. They are not currently thought to have been so. They represent a minority phenotype in the Irish gene pool.

Didn't exactly learn this today but it was recent.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino